Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Learning acronyms are great mental workouts. Use your brain to figure it out and keep it sharp. (Most of them are pretty easy to decipher.) For stumpers, ask someone or research.

Just like your physical workouts. Use your body to work out and keep it sharp. For spotting, ask someone or use Smith machines.

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by masel99 View Post
    Ok, I'm sorry to get everyone so fired up. I just did a search on DOMS. I've seen it mentioned but never explained. I sifted through all the post and it might have been there but I couldn't find the definition.

On the subject of me being hypocritical, when I spoke of a "rule" of typing out an acronym the first time it is used. I wasn't talking about message boards. If you read what I originally wrote you'll see that I didn't refer to message boards. I was referring to written articles. Am I a Jack A*S, probably but I don't think what I was asking was so unheard of. It's not like I was asking about creatine!!!!

Also thanks for the insult, I overreacted on one reply and later said I was sorry
    Thanks for owning it. I apologize for my reaction. It was a bit much. I'll rep you on spread.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Hikemike View Post
    FTW means something competely different where I come from!!!
    Rodga that!
    "Nobody's a natural! You work hard to get good, then work harder to get better. It's hard to stay on top"!

Registered User DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GreenWave1 View Post
    Thanks for owning it. I apologize for my reaction. It was a bit much. I'll rep you on spread.
    I would apologize also...but usually I only do that to people who don't ask for it...... oh well. One of my faults that I won't be working on anytime soon

Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    We must have someone in here living near Flint that can meet up with this man, teach him the secret handshake, give him the key to the Codex and welcome him to the Brotherhood.

Baldie

Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000)
    Already done!!
    "Is it REALLY a passion if it gets abandoned the first time things get tough?

If it is then I suggest finding another passion because things will be tough MUCH more than they will be easy."

-Dave Tate

Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Uber_Dad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    Sarcams in Sacs words? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, say it aint so!!
    mmmm... I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning!!! :-D
    ---Chicago Crew---
    ♒Morning_Workout_Crew♒

SixMillionDollarPostman buff_dad_dy's Avatar
    buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'll go against the grain here because I almost started an identical thread here when i first came aboard not long ago.

Entering this site and seeing all the short form,abbreviated bodybuilding lingo going on, I was a bit confused when reading posts. Made for an awful time trying to decifer virtually EVERYTHING I read while trying to learn. I expected to see poor grammar and text message style lingo in the teen section but not here in the over 35.We are probably the last generation to have had the "luxury" of not having to use slang in written form on an everyday basis and I consider it similar to how i feel while going to a store and the kid clerk having to rely on the cash register to tell him or her what the change should be and not being able to figure it out without any aid.
    I do not consider myself lazy and I think that it is a great idea to have a sticky about this issue.
    Why then do books have table of contents? Why should one have to go filter through tons of info to find out what an SS means when it can be readily available?

The original OP and myself cannot be the only ones who feel this way can we?
    Enjoying great genetics since 1969!

wanting the wife to give me that wink just like the Bowflex guys says ;)

My goal is to succeed on My Terms and not to fail on someone elses!

Erected 1969

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was new to this site once. I figured out how to use the search button, what stickies were, and how to put smilies in.
    If I can learn this chit, you take the time out of your busy day to learn the lingo of bodybuilding.
    Just a matter of respect imo.

besel will become famous soon enough. (+50) besel will become famous soon enough. (+50) besel will become famous soon enough. (+50) besel will become famous soon enough. (+50) besel will become famous soon enough. (+50) besel will become famous soon enough. (+50) besel will become famous soon enough. (+50) besel will become famous soon enough. (+50) besel will become famous soon enough. (+50) besel will become famous soon enough. (+50) besel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's always hard posting for the first time and trying to make sense of others style of writing. I think part of the reason for reposts is that this is a board and interaction is the main purpose of it.

Its easy to be misinterpreted and to misinterpret, particularly when your new. I must admit that I enjoy reading some of the reposted topics believing that the more a topic is talked about the greater the opportunity for new insight and a chance for new voices to be heard, maybe that's just me.

repped op, your still red, but hopefully you will be back

"Snip it Doc,snip it hard LyingSac's Avatar
    LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by besel View Post
    It's always hard posting for the first time and trying to make sense of others style of writing. I think part of the reason for reposts is that this is a board and interaction is the main purpose of it.

Its easy to be misinterpreted and to misinterpret, particularly when your new. I must admit that I enjoy reading some of the reposted topics believing that the more a topic is talked about the greater the opportunity for new insight and a chance for new voices to be heard, maybe that's just me.

repped op, your still red, but hopefully you will be back
    that's understandable,but to come in and tell the old pros' what to do....kind Bosworthian......we'll call it an inititation...ciao
    Land of Honalee

theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Here, I'll offer one up that stumped me for a little while before I found out the answer via a (*gasp*) search.

ATG = ass to ground or ass to grass

Usually used to describe a particular method of doing squats.
    Last edited by theKurp; 03-18-2009 at 06:42 AM. Reason: spelling

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by buff_dad_dy View Post
    I'll go against the grain here because I almost started an identical thread here when i first came aboard not long ago.

I do not consider myself lazy and I think that it is a great idea to have a sticky about this issue.

Why then do books have table of contents? Why should one have to go filter through tons of info to find out what an SS means when it can be readily available?

The original OP and myself cannot be the only ones who feel this way can we?
    I think you're confusing a "table of contents" with a "glossary"

I demonstrated to the OP that the answers he (and you) want are easily available in previous threads where dozens of people have already taken the time to list acronyms and abbreviations. And the OP responded with:

Originally Posted by masel99
    search... search... search........ Some of us spend more time at work, with our families, and actually at the gym to spend hours on the internet............
    Now leaving aside his questionable social skills, the real beef I have is with the "can't someone else do it for me?" attitude being displayed.

If you feel that strongly about the need for an acronym/abbreviation sticky, why aren't you researching and creating one instead of demanding that "someone else" do it for you?

It's your issue, you fix it

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kimsquit View Post
    I think you're confusing a "table of contents" with a "glossary"

I demonstrated to the OP that the answers he (and you) want are easily available in previous threads where dozens of people have already taken the time to list acronyms and abbreviations. And the OP responded with:

Now leaving aside his questionable social skills, the real beef I have is with the "can't someone else do it for me?" attitude being displayed.

If you feel that strongly about the need for an acronym/abbreviation sticky, why aren't you researching and creating one instead of demanding that "someone else" do it for you?

It's your issue, you fix it

No, you are wrong. It's not "can someone else do it for me". Just looking for a usable reference where the answer can be found quickly without searching thread after thread after thread. Like in one of my previous replies I did a search for DOMS (which no one has replied to what it stands for yet), I searched and did not find the answer. Of course you'll probably go and find the answer instantly to prove me wrong but I don't care. Sorry, I'm not a veteran at this. I was only stressing what I'd like to see. I didn't know I could create a sticky of my own. Message boards aren't my life but yes as of late I like to read this one for inspiration. It's seems anytime someone relatively new ask a stupid question. The thread police have to bash them with search.. search.. search.. This thread surely didn't turn out the way I thought it would. Thanks to all who didn't bash me and weren't sarcastic because they live on this board. And to the Vets that I annoyed, I'm sorry... let this thread DIE. It deserves it!!!

Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

I understand what you're saying. It's frustrating but every hobby has it's own lingo. You'll eventually get it.

Next time, PM me and I'll answer for you.

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, you are wrong. It's not "can someone else do it for me".
    Ya know there's a rule that the first time in an article or written piece that when a acronym is used, it is spelled out explicitly the first time it is used.
    wow strong backtrack

Originally Posted by Dave 76
    Next time, PM me and I'll answer for you.
    nice offer Dave, but someone beat you to it

Originally Posted by LyingSac
    If it makes you feel better when you get a question PM me....
    Originally Posted by masel99
    no thanks - smart ass

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No, you are wrong. It's not "can someone else do it for me". Just looking for a usable reference where the answer can be found quickly without searching thread after thread after thread. Like in one of my previous replies I did a search for DOMS (which no one has replied to what it stands for yet), I searched and did not find the answer. Of course you'll probably go and find the answer instantly to prove me wrong but I don't care. Sorry, I'm not a veteran at this. I was only stressing what I'd like to see. I didn't know I could create a sticky of my own. Message boards aren't my life but yes as of late I like to read this one for inspiration. It's seems anytime someone relatively new ask a stupid question. The thread police have to bash them with search.. search.. search.. This thread surely didn't turn out the way I thought it would. Thanks to all who didn't bash me and weren't sarcastic because they live on this board. And to the Vets that I annoyed, I'm sorry... let this thread DIE. It deserves it!!!
    Glad to see you stuck around. You just got off to a bad start. No big deal. I hope that you decide to stay. It is a very motivating place and people really are happy to help. Just realize that we have lives too.

Good luck with your workouts.

It's seems anytime someone relatively new ask a stupid question. The thread police have to bash them with search.. search.. search..
    would those be the thread police that actually gave you the answer you were looking for in their reply, or some other thread police?

did you even bother clicking on those links or was that too much effort?

masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masel99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    would those be the thread police that actually gave you the answer you were looking for in their reply, or some other thread police?

did you even bother clicking on those links or was that too much effort?

Personal vendetta? Here's one for you ATM. Do you like it? I bet you do.

Here's one for you ATM. Do you like it? I bet you do.
    thanks for the offer but I'm straight - try your luck here

thanks for the offer but I'm straight - try your luck here

Well I'm noy going click on that link just like I didn't click on your others. I didn't think you would know what it means.

Well I'm noy going click on that link just like I didn't click on your others.

this is why you're only one of two people (the other being Carl123) that I've ever negged in my 5 years on this forum.

Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000) Hikemike is just really nice. (+1000)
    Personal vendetta? Here's one for you ATM. Do you like it? I bet you do.
    All terrain midgets?

American termite manglers?

Another tubby matilda?

Any of those right?
    "Is it REALLY a passion if it gets abandoned the first time things get tough?

If it is then I suggest finding another passion because things will be tough MUCH more than they will be easy."

-Dave Tate

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I'm noy going click on that link just like I didn't click on your others. I didn't think you would know what it means.
    Look at you wasting all this time. Just think of all the good info could have found by now if you weren't so self important to use the search feature for yourself!
    I'm a sad little man

Originally Posted by Hikemike View Post
    All terrain midgets?

American termite manglers?

Another tubby matilda?

Any of those right?
    I suspect it stands for Annoying Turd from Michigan

this is why you're only one of two people (the other being Carl123) that I've ever negged in my 5 years on this forum.
    You actually remember the guys user name. You really take this stuff to heart don't you. I feel sorry for you. I won't reply anymore. I have better things to do.

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You actually remember the guys user name. You really take this stuff to heart don't you. I feel sorry for you. I won't reply anymore. I have better things to do.
    Do any of those things involve the search function?
    I'm a sad little man

I won't reply anymore. I have better things to do.
    thanks for the grey rep!

Talking

We all remember Carl. He was an incredible ass. He has come back a couple of times under different names, but he's such an ass, people spot him right away.

Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    Do any of those things involve the search function?
    LMAO! Reps on spread.

thanks for the grey rep!
    He gave me one too! Oh noes!