Registered User The Brotherhood's Avatar
    The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Q about Alternative to Seated Calf Raises and about Squat Rack Equipment

Im changing back to my old gym because the current one sucks.

Current one has a squat rack and seated calf raise machine though, and the old one that im going back to doesnt.

Q - Will it work if I sit on a bench, use a calf block, put a padded board on my lap and load it with plates for seated calf raises? Any alternative anyone can think of?

Q - My current gym has a squat rack, but one of the main features of a rack, shich is the safety things on the side that you can dump the weights on is too low, and hence is useless.

The gym that im going back to has squat stands, but no rack or cage. Will this be fine? Its sturdy enough..i cant think of any reason it would be less safe than the squat rack at my current gym.

Thanks
    Miscer

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by The Brotherhood View Post
    Im changing back to my old gym because the current one sucks.

Current one has a squat rack and seated calf raise machine though, and the old one that im going back to doesnt.

Q - Will it work if I sit on a bench, use a calf block, put a padded board on my lap and load it with plates for seated calf raises? Any alternative anyone can think of?

Q - My current gym has a squat rack, but one of the main features of a rack, shich is the safety things on the side that you can dump the weights on is too low, and hence is useless.

The gym that im going back to has squat stands, but no rack or cage. Will this be fine? Its sturdy enough..i cant think of any reason it would be less safe than the squat rack at my current gym.

Thanks
    1st Question: Yes that will work. You could use a loaded barbell or a Smith machine for this, as well.

2nd Question: That is not a question, more of a statement.

Last Question: You got done saying that the squat rack is set too low so think about this for a minute. The squat stands having nothing to stop you for getting stapled to the floor.

Power Rack > Squat Rack > Squat Stands

It will be very important to have a spotter or, preferably, spotters for the squat stands.

HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A tip on squatting without any fail safe measures.

'good morning' the weight up or you can dump the weight. just don't panic.

You shouldn't be hitting failure on the squats in the first place though

The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by papi93 View Post
    1st Question: Yes that will work. You could use a loaded barbell or a Smith machine for this, as well.

2nd Question: That is not a question, more of a statement.

Last Question: You got done saying that the squat rack is set too low so think about this for a minute. The squat stands having nothing to stop you for getting stapled to the floor.

Power Rack > Squat Rack > Squat Stands

It will be very important to have a spotter or, preferably, spotters for the squat stands.
    Ill use a spotter on any working/pr sets. Theyre available in abundance

The squat rack at my current gym wont really prevent me from getting hurt either. Yeah, with the stand theres the chance of getting flat stapled, but even with the power rack if I fall ill get injured bad, the side things are like just a foot and a half off of the floor or less.

@ Heebie, I love dropsetting :P
    Miscer

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Question

Originally Posted by The Brotherhood View Post
    Ill use a spotter on any working/pr sets. Theyre available in abundance

The squat rack at my current gym wont really prevent me from getting hurt either. Yeah, with the stand theres the chance of getting flat stapled, but even with the power rack if I fall ill get injured bad, the side things are like just a foot and a half off of the floor or less.

@ Heebie, I love dropsetting :P
    That's odd. Most power racks have pins that can be adjusted to much higher heights than what you have mentioned.

This is india lol..what else can I say.

Ill have a spotter on most if not all working sets, So i guess I should be fine.
    Miscer