bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000)

Bio-X XTREME POWER Whey Isolate Cookies and Cream

Company Blurb

Xtreme POWER WHEY ISOLATE? is manufactured using an advanced low temperature cross flow microfiltration, ultrfiltration and diafiltration process. This proprietary process ensures that all of the vital whey fractions aree present intact. Xtreme POWER WHEY ISOLATE? does not use any ion-exchanged whey because ion exchanged whey does not contain any "glycomacropeptides" --- a vital whey fraction.

How is Xtreme Power Whey Different From Other Proteins?

Xtreme Power Whey is derived from a sweet dairy whey (many whey proteins are derived from acid whey). This means that Xtreme Power Whey is a non-denatured and complete whey protein supplement. Xtreme Power Whey's special isolation process yields a complete whey fraction profile including: beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, glycomacropeptides, immunoglobulins, lactoferrin, bovine serum albumin.

Does Xtreme Power Whey include Glutamine?

Xtreme Power Whey has a very impressive amino acid profile. As far as glutamine content, Power Whey contains a remarkable level of naturally occurring glutamine. There is over 17 grams of glutamine per 100 grams of protein in the isolate.

Does Xtreme Power Whey include Glutamine Peptides?

Don't be fooled! "Glutamine Peptides" is not glutamine. It is hydrolyzed wheat protein. What's the difference? Well for starters, hydrolyzed wheat protein only contains 30% glutamine as part of its amino acid profile. Some companies add a small amount of hydrolyzed wheat protein and combine it with naturally occurring glutamine in the whey protein in an attempt to mislead you into believing that their product contains a significant amount of added glutamine.

For example, in a 50 gram serving of whey protein there is about 8 grams of naturally occuring glutamine. The company will then add 2 grams of hydrolyzed wheat protein and make an implied claim that there is 10 grams of added glutamine in their product! If a product you are currently using is marketed in this manner be skeptical. What else is this company misleading you about? We avoid using hydrolyzed wheat protein (glutamine peptides) in our products as it is a common allergen and a cheaper and inferior source of protein and glutamine.

Does Xtreme Power Whey Contain Lactose?
    Lactose is a milk sugar that causes bloating and stomach discomfort in some individuals. Xtreme Power Whey is exceptionally low in lactose. There is less than 2% lactose in the isolate. To put this in perspective, a single serving of the isolate has less than 0.5 grams of lactose. In comparison a 12oz glass of 2% milk has 21 grams of lactose.

Nutritional Info
    Calories 140
    Fat 1g
    Cholesterol 10mg
    Sodium 120mg
    Carbs 1.5g
    Fibre 1g
    Protein 30g

INFO THAT MATTERS

Isolate History: Allmax Isoflex (at least 20 lbs used), Bio-X (10 lbs), Ultimate Nutrition (currently using 6.6lb), All the Whey (just got and tried a few times will review after the 15 lbs

Why I choose Isolate first and am never going back: I went between Allmax Isoflex and ON?s 100% a few times and during my second 10lb bag of ON, stomach probs started and it ended when I went back to an Isolate.

Taste (Overall 9/10)

In Water? (9.5/10) Hmmmmmm. Have not tried another Isolate in Cookies and Cream flavour. Had Synthia-6 in cookies and cream and this is pretty close and its better nutritionally. Has the little cookie pieces in it .

In Milk? (8.5/10) Solid. Mixes easily with a spoon.

In Water Vanilla/Cookies and Cream? (8/10) Damn that is good.

In Milk Vanilla/Cookies and Cream? (9.5/10) Why isn?t this illegal? Damn it?s real good. It?s too good.

Mixability (Overall 7/10)

In Water? (7.5/10) So far in terms of Isolates is concerned (from what I have tried) Allmax is still king. This would be second in my book. Allmax you drop into water and its half disappeared into the water, this would be maybe 1/3 auto mixing on contact. Mixes well with a spoon but being that Allmax mixes so well and the price for everything (supplement wise) is so high in Canada, I have to be a little tough.

Milk (6.5/10) Mixes with a spoon but waits for me to do it. Again, this score is based on price vs. Allmax.

Price (7.5/10) Worked out to $80CDN after taxes and shipping to my house. For Isolate in Canada it?s not a bad price but still, $80 is $80.

Overall (7.8/10) Relatively new company. On bb.com, there isn?t even cookies and cream but I have reviewed it here (purchased from Canadian supplier of supplements on a two day special online). This is a REALLY GOOD ISOLATE. I will be posting an Ultimate Nutrition Iso-93 review soon and next time I check out Allmax, I will post a review. All they Whey I?ll review in April. I consider myself someone who has tried his fair share of Isolates and so far this comes in 2nd in terms of mixability but I think this is a solid contender for Allmax.

Pros:
    - Solid alternative to Allmax if you want to try something different.
    - < 2% lactose
    - 30g of Protein per scoop and only 140 calories with 1.5g of carbs
    - Best cookies and cream Isolate I have tried (only I have tried but the rest have a tough challenge)

Cons
    - Price

Link on bb.com http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/biox/wheyisolate.html
    "To be honest with you, I normally beat guys with my C game and I don't have to pull my A or B game out." - Floyd Money Mayweather

"Closed mouth dont get fed"

TWITTER: KingBman13 | TEAM TRANSFORMATION OVERDRIVE | Soon to be CPAP Killer |

Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dude you want to try a better flavor by them, try chocolate peanut swirl. You will never change your protein powder again. Its crazy good

vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is my absolute favorite protein brand. I get 10lb containers at the Popeye's in Vancouver for ~$60 each (buy 1 get 1 50% off, I end up buying 4 at a time)

..The only flavors they have there though, is strawberry, vanilla, chocolate, and rocky road. I don't like any vanilla proteins, and the chocolate sucks. But the rocky road is orgasmic. Best tasting protein I've ever had. Strawberry is good as well, but nowhere near RR.

I've yet to try any of their other flavors, because those are the only ones that they've had available

bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000) bman2380 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I tend to keep things simple. Usually stick to Vanilla cause the whey ends up in morning Shake and post workout.

I'm using Ultimate Nutritions Iso-93 right now. A 6.6lb'er plus I got 3 tubs of All the Whey so I think I should be set at least heading into mid summer.

That being said, I will check out Rocky Road and Chocolate Peanut Swirl if I can get it close to 60/tub.
    "To be honest with you, I normally beat guys with my C game and I don't have to pull my A or B game out." - Floyd Money Mayweather

O2xygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O2xygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O2xygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O2xygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O2xygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O2xygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O2xygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O2xygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O2xygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O2xygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) O2xygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice review man... I gotta this stuff out...

thanks...I gotta start reviewing more. I just tend to put it off. I'll probably do a few more tomorrow (call it BMAN'S BIG REVIEW WEEKEND lol....)

Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice a new bio-x review on bb.com there really isnt any........I got there power whey in peanut swirl and am anxious to try it.

Seems this company is legit in the flavor department from the few reviews there are and especially if they can get C&C right mmmm
    Deport ALL Illegal Aliens

Protein Girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Bio X

I have been using and reviewing pretty much every isolate out there for the past 4 years. I like eating them thick like cookie dough/ molasses and love crushing come sort of fiber into them (hence the cookie dough like texture). I used to love Iso 93 chocolate fudge and always thought they had the best chocolate and cafe brazil. Allmax isoflex is another favorite, and I would say then definitely had the best peanutbutter chocolate out there, a decent vanilla, chocolate mint and their chocolate was pretty good (but thin). Then I read up on and tried BioX's isolates.... I have every single flavor in my gym locker. They taste CREAMY with water, dissolve well, taste amazing.. and they're alkyline in your body with all 4-6 micro/macro fractions of a protein. Their strawberry banana tastes creamy and not at all artificial, chocolate is thick and rich and fantastic, I love the vanilla, and of course cookies and cream is fantastic. Their newest flavor is Chocolate Peanut Butter, and it is addictive. Blows allmax out of the water in terms of taste and texture. I find Iso 93 and Isoflex to be 'thinner' tasting proteins, where as Biox tastes thick/creamy smooth and like it's with 2% milk when mixed with water. I wish they made the rocky road in an isolate or made their complex without fructose!

SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^ Strong first post.

OP, cool review! The chocolate peanut swirl tastes like a butterfinger, imo. It's great. I'd like to try the c&c

Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Protein Girl View Post
    I have been using and reviewing pretty much every isolate out there for the past 4 years. I like eating them thick like cookie dough/ molasses and love crushing come sort of fiber into them (hence the cookie dough like texture). I used to love Iso 93 chocolate fudge and always thought they had the best chocolate and cafe brazil. Allmax isoflex is another favorite, and I would say then definitely had the best peanutbutter chocolate out there, a decent vanilla, chocolate mint and their chocolate was pretty good (but thin). Then I read up on and tried BioX's isolates.... I have every single flavor in my gym locker. They taste CREAMY with water, dissolve well, taste amazing.. and they're alkyline in your body with all 4-6 micro/macro fractions of a protein. Their strawberry banana tastes creamy and not at all artificial, chocolate is thick and rich and fantastic, I love the vanilla, and of course cookies and cream is fantastic. Their newest flavor is Chocolate Peanut Butter, and it is addictive. Blows allmax out of the water in terms of taste and texture. I find Iso 93 and Isoflex to be 'thinner' tasting proteins, where as Biox tastes thick/creamy smooth and like it's with 2% milk when mixed with water. I wish they made the rocky road in an isolate or made their complex without fructose!
    I also like to use my protein to make a sludge and eat them.
    I noticed that whey itself has a thin consistency, concentrate bit thicker(bit more carb, fat).

So naturally whey has a thin consistency. The only difference in whey isolates from brands are, they add more fillers to make it thick. (Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Carrageenan)
    You will see rarely whey isolate without food thickeners.

Taste does matter for me, since protein powders makes a "clean" diet more durable, if you want to satisfy sweet cravings.
    But I don't look for whey isolates to make a thick pudding. I rather use a quality isolate (princely reasonable) without too much thickeners and mix them with milk protein. Casein (milk protein) itself is naturally thick, without fillers.

That being said, I don't avoid every brand with thickeners. But I don't pay a lot more for same isolate for taste. There is difference in isolate quality, but unless it's not ion exchanged I don't mind. I prefer All The Whey with reasonable price and mix it with milk protein, if I want to eat it.^^
    Last edited by Hilty; 04-25-2009 at 11:48 AM.

martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if you're worried about price... allmax lowered their prices recently on almost everything!!! check my sig for prices!
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Certified Precision Nutritionist
    Always be learning.
    Knowledge < Intelligence < Wisdom

Originally Posted by martymcfly View Post
    if you're worried about price... allmax lowered their prices recently on almost everything!!! check my sig for prices!
    That's great news. Allmax IMO set the bar for Isolates and others are measured against it.

Bio-X is a contender though for me personally of dethroning Allmax. The battle will rage on this summer lol.

audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bman2380 View Post
    That's great news. Allmax IMO set the bar for Isolates and others are measured against it.

Bio-X is a contender though for me personally of dethroning Allmax. The battle will rage on this summer lol.
    As far as quality goes Id side with BioX. I used to work for them a ways back and its still one of my favorite brands. The complex and Isolate both rock. Flavour is really key with biox.

frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Hinchy11 View Post
    dude you want to try a better flavor by them, try chocolate peanut swirl. You will never change your protein powder again. Its crazy good
    this... and i only tried it at the tasting station mixed with water at my supp. store
    Canadian Crew
    Ryerson U
    ∑X - Beta Omega, IHSV