gorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

last week of dieting before show???

hey guys, its been a long time since i posted on here but im now looking at competing next year and just need a few pointers for my diet.

im a natural BB, 5'11" and weigh 180lbs of good quality muscle. ive been training for around 6 years now but i have only recently been eating the correct foods and it has made a massive difference to my body. im looking at entering a comp next summer but i just have a few questions about dieting, mainly in the last week before the show, but some not. any help would be sweet.

1.(non comp diet) i take around 1.5g protein and complex carbs with most meals but how much veg or other fibrous foods should i be eating throughout the day? 1 cup with each meal or less or maybe more?

2.during my carb deleting stage, im looking at dropping from 200g to 40g carbs a day, but should i still keep my protein, fats and veg around the same amounts per meal?

3. throughout the carb loading stage, what amount of carbs should i be looking at taking in and what are the best carbs to be eating during this stage?

4.also during the cab loading stage, do i keep my protein intake the same or shall i drop this at all as i will be consuming a lot more carbs?

5.last question, what are the best types of fibrous foods to be taking in with my protein and carbs, and should they be with each meal?

i know that its hard to say exact amounts of food to be taking in but if you could give a rough estimate, i can then use trial and error to see what works best for my body. if you can shed light on any of these questions it would be a massive help.

cheers guys

Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gorge View Post
    hey guys, its been a long time since i posted on here but im now looking at competing next year and just need a few pointers for my diet.

im a natural BB, 5'11" and weigh 180lbs of good quality muscle. ive been training for around 6 years now but i have only recently been eating the correct foods and it has made a massive difference to my body. im looking at entering a comp next summer but i just have a few questions about dieting, mainly in the last week before the show, but some not. any help would be sweet.

1.(non comp diet) i take around 1.5g protein and complex carbs with most meals but how much veg or other fibrous foods should i be eating throughout the day? 1 cup with each meal or less or maybe more?
    As much as you want. Personally i only eat veggies with pro/fat meals

2.during my carb deleting stage, im looking at dropping from 200g to 40g carbs a day, but should i still keep my protein, fats and veg around the same amounts per meal?
    I think it should be about the same, don't quote me on that though
    3. throughout the carb loading stage, what amount of carbs should i be looking at taking in and what are the best carbs to be eating during this stage?
    The amount depends and i can't give you a number. It will most likely take you couple of times to figure that out. 30-50 grams is a rough estimate. depends on bodyweigth and type. White rice is a good carb choice for carbing up
    4.also during the cab loading stage, do i keep my protein intake the same or shall i drop this at all as i will be consuming a lot more carbs?
    you can drop protein here down to 1gr per lbm or even 0,75.
    5.last question, what are the best types of fibrous foods to be taking in with my protein and carbs, and should they be with each meal?
    green veggies...broccoli, aspargus, cauliflower etc.....when you are dieting its good idea to take advantage of dietary thermogenesis. Your body burns 55 calories ingesting 30 cals worth of broccoli...so eat all the veggies you can.

i know that its hard to say exact amounts of food to be taking in but if you could give a rough estimate, i can then use trial and error to see what works best for my body. if you can shed light on any of these questions it would be a massive help.

cheers guys
    Bold.