Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Herbal Supplements !!!

Some info about Herbal Supplements: (interesting)

Herbal supplements are more popular now than ever before. People are looking for new ways to improve their health, and they are turning to natural remedies rather than pharmaceutical drugs more and more.
    As such, there have been countless studies performed on the therapeutic benefits and applications of various herbs and herbal extracts. Much of this research presents strong evidence that taking herbal supplements in conjunction with a healthy diet and lifestyle can be beneficial.

Therefore, many people use natural health supplements to treat various health conditions as well as to promote general well-being.

The problem is, like many other health-related products herbal nutritional supplements are not strictly regulated in the United States. Manufacturers of natural health supplements are not obligated to guarantee the safety, effectiveness or even the true content of their products!

As a result, most dietary supplements do not contain the herbs they claim to. It's hard to believe but it's true!

Herbal supplements are a type of dietary supplement that contains herbs, either singly or in mixtures. An herb (also called a botanical) is a plant or plant part used for its scent, flavor, and/or therapeutic properties.

Many herbs have a long history of use and of claimed health benefits. However, some herbs have caused health problems for users.
    It's important to know that just because an herbal supplement is labeled "natural" does not mean it is safe or without any harmful effects. For example, the herbs kava and comfrey have been linked to serious liver damage.

Herbal supplements can act in the same way as drugs. Therefore, they can cause medical problems if not used correctly or if taken in large amounts. In some cases, people have experienced negative effects even though they followed the instructions on a supplement label.

Women who are pregnant or nursing should be especially cautious about using herbal supplements, since these products can act like drugs. This caution also applies to treating children with herbal supplements.

It is important to consult your health care provider before using an herbal supplement, especially if you are taking any medications (whether prescription or over-the-counter). Some herbal supplements are known to interact with medications in ways that cause health problems. Even if your provider does not know about a particular supplement, he can access the latest medical guidance on its uses, risks, and interactions.

If you use herbal supplements, it is best to do so under the guidance of a medical professional who has been properly trained in herbal medicine. This is especially important for herbs that are part of a whole medical system, such as traditional Chinese medicine or Ayurvedic medicine.

In the United States, herbal and other dietary supplements are regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as foods. This means that they do not have to meet the same standards as drugs and over-the-counter medications for proof of safety, effectiveness, and what the FDA calls Good Manufacturing Practices.

About Dietary Supplements

Dietary supplements were defined in a law passed by Congress in 1994. A dietary supplement must meet all of the following conditions:

It is a product (other than tobacco) intended to supplement the diet, which contains one or more of the following: vitamins; minerals; herbs or other botanicals; amino acids; or any combination of the above ingredients.

It is intended to be taken in tablet, capsule, powder, softgel, gelcap, or liquid form.

It is not represented for use as a conventional food or as a sole item of a meal or the diet.

It is labeled as being a dietary supplement.

The active ingredient(s) in many herbs and herbal supplements are not known. There may be dozens, even hundreds, of such compounds in an herbal supplement. Scientists are currently working to identify these ingredients and analyze products, using sophisticated technology. Identifying the active ingredients in herbs and understanding how herbs affect the body are important research areas for the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM).

Published analyses of herbal supplements have found differences between what's listed on the label and what's in the bottle. This means that you may be taking less--or more--of the supplement than what the label indicates. Also, the word "standardized" on a product label is no guarantee of higher product quality, since in the United States there is no legal definition of "standardized" (or "certified" or "verified") for supplements.

Some herbal supplements have been found to be contaminated with metals, unlabeled prescription drugs, microorganisms, or other substances.

There has been an increase in the number of Web sites that sell and promote herbal supplements on the Internet. The Federal Government has taken legal action against a number of company sites because they have been shown to contain incorrect statements and to be deceptive to consumers.

This can sound quite disturbing - but if you do some research in the right areas you can avoid certain issues. Also a lot of the herbal supplements on the market are good for a lot of ailments and general health too.
    Last edited by Mickfootie; 01-20-2007 at 08:54 AM.
    Believe to Achieve
    Work Hard Play Hard
    The above are my views only and do not constitute to medical advice

MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MoPhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The Federal Government has taken legal action against a number of company sites because they have been shown to contain incorrect statements and to be deceptive to consumers.
    The feds better leave my Jungle Warfare and BAM alone
    Palo Alto Labs
    ryan@paloaltolabs.com

"This statement is the idea and opinion of me. It in no way represents the opinions or beliefs of Palo Alto Labs, nor does it serve as medical advice."

Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BuckeyeMuscle View Post
    The feds better leave my Jungle Warfare and BAM alone
    I hear you ...

But basically what it is saying is that a lot of supplementation dont have the correct or the same amount of ingredients in the product as specified on the labels.
    Most of the better manufacturers can supply certification of each of there products to back this up anyway.

Dont think it's anything to worry too much about, just do a bit of research on certain products on the market before purchasing.
    Believe to Achieve
    Work Hard Play Hard

BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckeyeMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mickfootie View Post
    I hear you ...

But basically what it is saying is that a lot of supplementation dont have the correct or the same amount of ingredients in the product as specified on the labels.
    Most of the better manufacturers can supply certification of each of there products to back this up anyway.

Dont think it's anything to worry too much about, just do a bit of research on certain products on the market before purchasing.
    Yeah, Im sure a lot of that goes on actually. Thats why I like when the companies have an 3rd party lab analysis done and posted on their websites.
    Palo Alto Labs
    ryan@paloaltolabs.com

"This statement is the idea and opinion of me. It in no way represents the opinions or beliefs of Palo Alto Labs, nor does it serve as medical advice."

Yeah, Im sure a lot of that goes on actually. Thats why I like when the companies have an 3rd party lab analysis done and posted on their websites.
    ^^^^ yep looks like you do a bit of research into what you take... Good
    Believe to Achieve
    Work Hard Play Hard

^^^^ yep looks like you do a bit of research into what you take... Good
    yes sir, I like to know what Im putting into myself, and what Im spending my money on.
    Palo Alto Labs
    ryan@paloaltolabs.com

yes sir, I like to know what Im putting into myself, and what Im spending my money on.
    Keep it up. At least you will give yourself a chance to stay on the healthy side.
    Plus Knowledge is Power.....
    Believe to Achieve
    Work Hard Play Hard

Keep it up. At least you will give yourself a chance to stay on the healthy side.
    Plus Knowledge is Power.....
    thanks, and I agree, knowledge is power. (reps on recharge for the article/discussion)
    Palo Alto Labs
    ryan@paloaltolabs.com

thanks, and I agree, knowledge is power. (reps on recharge for the article/discussion)
    you too bro..
    Believe to Achieve
    Work Hard Play Hard

Mandy8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Like anything else, you have to be careful with what you take though I take herbal supplements too. Read up well on things before taking them I suppose