Cutting, do not disturb. Alkaline's Avatar
    Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Left Knee Hurts after ATG Squats on Smith Machine

The day after my leg workout my left knee was killing me. It doesn't hurt when I walk or anything, but when I sit or stand it hurts. It may be from my squats on the smith machine. I was going all the way to the floor. How long will this take to heal? If I keep my back real straight and squat without weight it doesn't hurt. Maybe on the smith I was leaning forward to much and putting the strain on my knee.
    In life you struggle to get the weight off your shoulders, in the gym you struggle to pile it on

marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The pain might be centered around the fixed line of motion with a smith machine.

Where is the pain exactly?
    Brothers of Metal Crew

Steelers

Strip Mining prevents Forest Fires
    UMWA

Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alkaline is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Really just dead center inside my knee. The pain is starting to go away I've been taking Animal Flex the past week. It ONLY hurts when I sit or stand, like getting in and out of the car is when the pain REALLY makes me grimace. And I have a high tolerance for pain
    In life you struggle to get the weight off your shoulders, in the gym you struggle to pile it on

Today is my leg day just wondering if I should do some light squats NOT on a smith machine and go down as far as it won't hurt my knee and some other exercises that won't aggravate it.

Brick_Wall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brick_Wall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brick_Wall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brick_Wall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brick_Wall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brick_Wall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brick_Wall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brick_Wall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brick_Wall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brick_Wall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brick_Wall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My advice would be, don't use the smith machine ever again.
    Use free weights as often as possible.
    Light weight on the squat rack as long as you don't feel pain should be fine. Make sure you warm up your knees on the bike, do some stretches, 3 sets of really light squats before your real sets.

If anyone is wondering...

I warmed up on a bike and did the bar on squats (free weight) to warm up 2-3 sets. I went average weight and had no problems at all throughout my entire leg workout. Really the only time it hurts is standing when I'm sitting and getting in and out of car. More annoying than anything.

Scorpion24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It could be a lack of stretching, it can also be the way your left leg was positioned at the time since all it takes to be injured is a slight mistake in one rep.
    Your main worry is a tear but I doubt it at this point, try avoiding the smith machine for a while and (way off the topic) try giving the area of pain a gentle massage - could just be sore... g'luck