Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How effective does wearing a sweat shirt help lost fat when doing cardio?

I started to wear a sweatshirt when doing cardio. Thinking it would help speed up the sweat process and help me burn alot more body fat. Is it really effective at all or not? I know I see some people doing this and was curious if it works or not? Should I wear a extra shirts as well?

WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've heard that if you're very hot, your body really will burn more calories, however, I think it's pretty negligible. I run in a hoodie sometimes just because the gym is usually freezing and I don't like the feeling of running cold. Anyway, if you like it, keep doing it, but I doubt it would make a difference in fat loss. (Although, you'd definitely weight a LOT less immediately after you finish up).
    - 5"10
    - 176lbs
    - Bench 225

Cutting:
    Jan 1 -- 192.5
    Jan 22 -- 184.8 terrible
    Feb 1 -- 183.8 also terrible
    Feb 7 -- 179.8 woohoo!.. but feeling a little weak
    Feb 13 -- 176.0 Not too shabby..
    Feb 20 -- 178.2 pissed off
    Feb 27 -- Got sick, didnt want to see
    another dissappointing weight
    Mar 6 -- 174.0
    Mar 13 -- 174.2
    ---------------
    Apr 10 -- 169.2

Total weight loss: 23.3lbs

nuthin but a gbone thang gbone74's Avatar
    gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000)
    sweating as far as I know has little to do with fat loss but it helps you lose water weight
    You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

David Brent: 'If you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain'. Do you know which philosopher
    said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she's just a big pair of tits.

4th jun 2008-342lbs
    21st may 2009-186lbs

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rolo01 View Post
    I started to wear a sweatshirt when doing cardio. Thinking it would help speed up the sweat process and help me burn alot more body fat. Is it really effective at all or not? I know I see some people doing this and was curious if it works or not? Should I wear a extra shirts as well?
    No.

Originally Posted by Me
    You'll lose body fluids and that's about it.

Granted *theoretically*, thermal stress does have a metabolic effect and does have an influence on energy substrate usage patterns and hormonal responses - all leading to increased overall 24 hour energy expenditure and lipolysis.

HOWEVER - read that again - HOWEVER, the duration over which this would need to occur coupled with the core temperature elevation required would likely be prohibitive to inducing significant effects. Furthermore, dehydration presents a problem itself. Proper hydration is important to support fat metabolism since dehydration can impair the liver's role in fat metabolism. Dehydration can also increase cortisol levels.

So, not only can it inihibit fat loss, you'll probably gain weight back from rebound water retention.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The more you insulate your body the less calories you burn, where do you guys get these assumptions?
    Look up the definition of a calorie what it is, the less heat your body produces the less you are burning, the more heat the more you burn, thus being in a freezer is the best place to workout. Your body has to keep warm so by heating up it meaning it burns calories. By trapping in heat your body doesn't need the heat so it doesn't put forth the effort of heating your body.
    is not a powerlifter :-D

Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hercules71185 View Post
    The more you insulate your body the less calories you burn, where do you guys get these assumptions?
    Look up the definition of a calorie what it is, the less heat your body produces the less you are burning, the more heat the more you burn, thus being in a freezer is the best place to workout. Your body has to keep warm so by heating up it meaning it burns calories. By trapping in heat your body doesn't need the heat so it doesn't put forth the effort of heating your body.
    Ok, theres no point to really wear a sweatshirt then. Beside it just getting ride of the water out of your body. Thanks for clearing things up. I always wondering if this helped burned more.

hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hercules71185 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nope not unless you need to keep your muscles warm for a power lift or something, some do it for preference.

Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hercules71185 View Post
    I doubt being in a freezer is the best place to workout.
    add me : http://www.********.com/mbobilin
    fat loss log : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128202591

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok, theres no point to really wear a sweatshirt then. Beside it just getting ride of the water out of your body. Thanks for clearing things up. I always wondering if this helped burned more.
    Some do it if they're trying to drop water weight to make a certain weight class for a competition.

But it does not burn fat faster - just makes you sweat more and you become more dehydrated.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Exercising with a heavy sweatshirt on to facilitate fat loss? Wow. I didn't realize that people actually believed that stuff. I am not trying to belittle you. in fact, I commend you for coming on here and asking the question.

By the way, those suits that they sell in the exercise sections are nonsense also. Unless you are a wrestler or boxer trying to drop a couple pounds to make a weight class, there is zero need to deprive yourself of water weight because it will be gained as soon as you rehydrate.

Originally Posted by Tanulean View Post
    Well, if you move the ice trays to one side, and the meat to the other, you should have JUST ENOUGH room..
    but, you are right, it's not very good since you'll probably hit your head on the ice maker.

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    None whatsoever. It will give you immediate water results, but as soon as you drink anything you'll go right back to your normal weight.

RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do it just because the gym I'm at is cold but it doesn't do much really

RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's broscience, you'd just lose more water and feel like ****.
    Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.
    I reciprocate reputation.

VAPimpStAr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Little article I found take it for what it's worth...
    Do You Burn More Calories in Hot or Cold Weather?

You burn fewer calories when you exercise in cold weather than you do when it's hot. The hotter it is, the more extra work your heart has to do to prevent you from overheating. More than 70 percent of the energy produced by your muscles during exercise is lost as heat. So the harder you exercise, the hotter your muscles become. In hot weather, not only must your heart pump extra blood to bring oxygen to your muscles, it must also pump hot blood from your heated muscles to your skin where heat can be dissipated.

On the other hand, in cold weather, your heart only has to pump blood to your muscles and very little extra blood to your skin to dissipate heat. Your muscles produce so much heat during exercise that your body does not need to produce more heat to keep you warm. So your heart works harder and you burn more calories in hot weather. This information should not discourage you from exercising when it?s cold, because staying in shape is a year-round proposition. However, it may help to explain why so many people find the pounds creeping on in the wintertime, even when they stay active.
    Mar. 01, 09: 290/40
    Mar. 08, 09: 283/39
    Mar. 15, 09: 281/39
    Mar. 22, 09: 281/39 (I suck)
    Mar. 27, 09: 285/39 (HELP!)
    Apr. 05, 09: 283/?
    Apr. 12, 09: 280/?
    Apr. 19, 09: 278/?
    Apr. 26, 09: 278/?
    May. 12, 09: 275/?
    "If you want truly to understand something, try to change it."
    Kurt Lewin

rmcgrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcgrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcgrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcgrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcgrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcgrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcgrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcgrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcgrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmcgrath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Freezer Training

Originally Posted by Tanulean View Post
    He was just trying to make it simple. THere is a reason Olympic swimmers train in very cold water. And as an analogy, for calorie burning effect a freezer would be the best place to train.

Slowly getting bigger!! dkemano42's Avatar
    dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think you are going to lose more water than fat doing this. Good way to cut for fighting or wrestling, but I dont think so for fat lose. It may burn a few extra calories, but I don't think it would be worth the water loss, plus I find it damn uncomfortable.

DK
    "After all is said and done, a lot more will have been said than done will have been done!"

thrasher_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrasher_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrasher_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrasher_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrasher_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrasher_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrasher_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrasher_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrasher_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrasher_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thrasher_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rmcgrath View Post
    He was just trying to make it simple. THere is a reason Olympic swimmers train in very cold water. And as an analogy, for calorie burning effect a freezer would be the best place to train.
    Not talking about exercise here, but people who live in colder climates tend to have a higher RESTING metabolic rate because they need to burn calories and produce heat to maintain homeostasis. This is especially true for people who do not descend from ancestors that adapted to living in cold regions.

Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Then during exercise your body's immune system suffers and you get sick.

Then you don't exercise and eat excessively because your an emotional eater and the fact you can't be active makes you more depressed and makes you eat more.

You gain 10 lbs of fat during the 2 weeks your sick then when you finally get better. You are so depressed on what you did to yourself then you eat more and give up exercise completely.

Just sayin.

Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/12_w...iner_day49.htm

I don't do it but this guy says to. FWIW.

Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    Some do it if they're trying to drop water weight to make a certain weight class for a competition.
    this.

The hoodie is one thing if just for personal temperature but the next person I see in an aluminum foil suit, sigh. And this is Texas for fcuks sake - it's never cold here.
    You get back what you put in.

lococrzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lococrzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lococrzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lococrzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lococrzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lococrzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lococrzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lococrzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lococrzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lococrzy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lococrzy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i ware a sweater when i hit the gym. idk it doesnt really bug me i just drink more water during my workout. plus it gives me pockets to put my cell phone/ musical device, wallet and keys in. makes me feel more comfortable when im there lol. idk just personal preference i guess.
    Work in Progress !!

Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lococrzy View Post
    i ware a sweater when i hit the gym. idk it doesnt really bug me i just drink more water during my workout. plus it gives me pockets to put my cell phone/ musical device, wallet and keys in. makes me feel more comfortable when im there lol. idk just personal preference i guess.
    the comfort thing may pass. when I moved to Texas (from Idaho) I was still wearing 2-3 layers and hoodies for everything, including the gym when everyone was running around in tank tops, just from me being uncomfortable in my body but now i've cut out a few layers and I don't even think about HAVING to wear my hoodie to go out :]
    You get back what you put in.

seala8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ITs maily water weight. Sometimes i will wear a hoodie just so i think to myself its doing a little extra

The only thing a hoodie is useful for is taking tourist's or hot shot's money at my dayjob.