kevin128 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevin128 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevin128 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevin128 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevin128 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevin128 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevin128 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevin128 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevin128 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevin128 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevin128 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

burn out sets? good or bad?

how many people do burn out sets, finish a your normal routine at heavy weights. then when your muscles are fatigued go low in weight do a lot of reps till you fail then go down again, and go till you fail.. repeat.. etc.. would that be over training your muscle? is it possible to over train if its all done in one workout?

imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Like around 20 reps.
    akkxn - just lift heavy ****.

ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kevin128 View Post
    how many people do burn out sets, finish a your normal routine at heavy weights. then when your muscles are fatigued go low in weight do a lot of reps till you fail then go down again, and go till you fail.. repeat.. etc.. would that be over training your muscle? is it possible to over train if its all done in one workout?
    its best to do super sets at the very end of your workout. 20-30 reps seems about right. this would be directed towards someone with the goal of size of course

dvleader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvleader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvleader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvleader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvleader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvleader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvleader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvleader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvleader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dvleader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    they can be good

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They can be useful, if not abused. Some guys do a burnout set on every exercise they do that day, and it eventually becomes too much for their systems to handle. If and when I do burnout sets, I do them only on ONE exercise that day and for a weak bodypart i.e. my thighs or calves. On the other exercises, I just go to near-failure and leave it at that. Rep-wise, I go for between 12 and 20 reps, but don't do burnouts too often.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ill frequently - but not routinely - end a workout with a burnout of some type. Smith bench press, pushups, pullups, light squats, whatever I happened to be working that day. I find it to be very helpful, especially psychologically, because it gives you that pumped up feel. In the long run, it probably wont help you if you do it every time, but if you throw it in there occasionally to tear up the fibers in a different than normal fashion, it might be helpful.
    Last edited by TonySturch; 03-12-2009 at 06:11 AM.

bonsaikc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My trainer has me burning out on biceps and triceps at the end of my workout. 30 reps light, 15 heavier, to failure with top weight, failure with middle, failure with light again. It's awesome but we'll see about the results.