Shamrock87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lower Back Pain from Squatting

I hadn't done much core or back work for awhile due to shoulder surgery and I just recently began lifting again. On my leg day I did heavy squats (same weights I had been doing prior to my surgery in Dec.) and now my lower back right above my right butt cheek is very sore. Can still do everything else fine without pain yet squats and jumping I can feel it very much so still. Any idea whats up?
    Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I think you answered your own question. You took a break and then jumped right back into the same weights without building your core strength back up.

You should lower the weight for the time being and work on core strengthening exercises like farmer walks and planks.

Shamrock87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ya that's what I was thinking. Just making sure it's from a lack of core strength and not like a bulging disc or something. So you think that with the lower weights and rebuilding of the core strength it should go back to normal?
    Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Shamrock87 View Post
    Ya that's what I was thinking. Just making sure it's from a lack of core strength and not like a bulging disc or something. So you think that with the lower weights and rebuilding of the core strength it should go back to normal?
    I mean I'm not a doctor so I can't say for sure but I've had it happen where I was sore for 4-5 days. Painfully, worried sore for the first couple. But yea take it easy, build your strength back first, then you should be good to go.

DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50) DEATHEYE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Shamrock87 View Post
    I hadn't done much core or back work for awhile due to shoulder surgery and I just recently began lifting again. On my leg day I did heavy squats (same weights I had been doing prior to my surgery in Dec.) and now my lower back right above my right butt cheek is very sore. Can still do everything else fine without pain yet squats and jumping I can feel it very much so still. Any idea whats up?

Stop or slow down I had pain right were my tail bone goes into my butt and right across my waist band...I didnt stop just worked through it and ended up blowing out my hips, my pelvic bone and 3 of my Vertebrates

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    Well I think you answered your own question. You took a break and then jumped right back into the same weights without building your core strength back up.

You should lower the weight for the time being and work on core strengthening exercises like farmer walks and planks.

Farmer walks for core strength??
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Fresch View Post
    Farmer walks for core strength??

grip and core. especially if the weight is different in each hand....or a different object.

your core is what keeps your lower back arched at the bottom of the squat...and if you lose control of that....you get lower back pain

hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maybe hit up some deadlifts to strengthen your back, or try some "upward dog" or "cobra" yoga stretches (no I dont do yoga, I just know the names). Did similar thing to mine and now my L4-L5 disc is bulging and gives me shooting pains whenever it decides to...just for giggles. Be careful brah.

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mikael92 View Post
    grip and core. especially if the weight is different in each hand....or a different object.

your core is what keeps your lower back arched at the bottom of the squat...and if you lose control of that....you get lower back pain
    I am very familiar with what the core is and how it works, however I don't see the farmers walk as a specific way to target the core!
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Originally Posted by Fresch View Post
    I am very familiar with what the core is and how it works, however I don't see the farmers walk as a specific way to target the core!
    It will take more back strength then ab strength per se. It's definitely not a isolation for the core. It's a compound that will build core strength just like squats, deads, and standing OH presses.

Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikael92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the second part was directed towards the OP

there is a bunch of farmer walk type stuff in the Combat Core e-book.