Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Keto friendly cooking & appliances

I'm starting to slowly pull my head out of my ass and learn to cook for myself, so I wanted to get some advice on some good kitchen appliances to cook with. As of yet I've been frying everything, but I'm looking at a dutch oven as a good option. I have a toaster oven also which my caveman-like self views as a slow motion microwave. I'd like to know some good ways to cook meats as well. I don't want to deal with a crock pot because of the time involved. And I know the foreman grill takes fat away, so what purchases should I make?

chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) chipoltecowboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm a Sous chef, and you can cook anything with a skillet!! Just spray a little nonstick spray in a pan, get the pan to a high heat (not all the way to the max, but more like 3/4 on your dial). Let the pan rest on the heat for a few seconds, then place your meat (Don't foget to season it on both sides.. Mrs, Dash, Seasoning Salt from Wally or Kroger, any kind of ground garlic) in the skillet.. Listen for that ZZZZZZZ! Leave it for a few moments on the side till it gets some nice color, flip it over and let it sizzle on the other side. If its a steak or pork, it might be done. If its a breast, stick it in your oven at 350 for about 7 minutes and enjoy (NO, the skillet will not melt!). Start to finish, I bust out a piece of seasoned, moist meat in under 10 min. (Ha! That dosen't sound quite right!) Forget the Foreman, t alters the texture of the meat and on Keto, you'll want some of the fat! 95% of the food you get in a restaurant that isn't fried is made in a skillet!! Its really all you need.

Does I have catabolismz? TaoistWarrior's Avatar
    TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Clamz View Post
    I'm starting to slowly pull my head out of my ass and learn to cook for myself, so I wanted to get some advice on some good kitchen appliances to cook with. As of yet I've been frying everything, but I'm looking at a dutch oven as a good option. I have a toaster oven also which my caveman-like self views as a slow motion microwave. I'd like to know some good ways to cook meats as well. I don't want to deal with a crock pot because of the time involved. And I know the foreman grill takes fat away, so what purchases should I make?
    I don't like slow cookers either, for that reason- but you can easily make some good stuff in them.

Instead I use an electric pressure cooker. I think it's made by farberware. It cuts cooking time down to almost nothing. I can do a roast or chicken or wahtever you want in only minutes in that thing when it would take hours in the oven or slow cooker.

Get some cast-iron skillets, a grill pan (if you can't/don't use a grill), a roasting pan for the oven, stuff for making eggs (poachers, etc.), maybe a crepe pan. I wouldn't worry about removing the fat from your foods with a foreman grill, you can always replace that fat with fish oil/olive oil/butter, etc.

You can make steaks and other stuff in the oven with the cast iron skillets, almost better than you can on the grill. And if you eat eggs every day like I do, having a few ways to make them will make breakfast a lot more interesting. Ditto with the crepe pan- friggin love that thing! Low-carb crepes are the shizzlest.

That'll get ya started. Get a good low-carb cookbook and make some stuff. There are some great ones out there like the Low-Carb Comfort Food Cookbook and a few others I can't think of. Best of luck.

Best
    TW
    It's time for a Breakthrough.

s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500)
    I use a george foreman, I find it much easier to count my fats if I consider the meat I eat fat free and just add my own after the fact.

<3 my george foreman.

sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    not too sure about the dutch oven option. i give my girlfriend one most mornings and she's rarely impressed with the results....

s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by sniper_01 View Post
    not too sure about the dutch oven option. i give my girlfriend one most mornings and she's rarely impressed with the results....
    Resulting in less sex and therefore less calories burned, case closed.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chipoltecowboy View Post
    I'm a Sous chef, and you can cook anything with a skillet!! Just spray a little nonstick spray in a pan, get the pan to a high heat (not all the way to the max, but more like 3/4 on your dial). Let the pan rest on the heat for a few seconds, then place your meat
    Give me a well-seasoned cast iron pan of any size and I am a very happy camper. I have 3 fry pans/skillets in 4" (good for an egg or 2); 7"; and 10 or 12". Plus a deeper "chicken fryer" and a full size kettle. Non-stick pans suck, imo. Cast iron requires a lower heat setting too.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you like slow-cooked types of food, but want quicker results, use a microwave pressure cooker....They work great..
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......