777nnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any benefits from sarcoplasmic hypertrophy?

Are there any benefits from sarcoplasmic hypertrophy? The sarcoplasmic increase in muscle size does not increase strength or have any benefit from what I understand except an ego boost from bigger muscles or a more toned body and possibly increased metabolism. Does sarcoplasmic hypertrophy increase metabolism? Muscle does have a high metabolism rate, but is that true for both myofibrillar and sarcosplasmic muscle? If sarcoplasmic muscle development does not increase strength then developing it would be contraindicated for athletes because muscle requires a lot of oxygen, the greater amount of muscle would only serve as dead weight and sarcoplasmic muscle for athletes competing in weight classes would only contribute to making them weaker than opponents that develop more myofibrillar muscle.

is sneaking up behind you Mr_O_2020's Avatar
    Location: Scotland, But I'm American, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd say that it differs between sports.

If you are a wrestler needing to stay below a certain weight, then sarcoplasmic hypertrophy may not be to their advantage.

However, I'd say that for a sport such as football, then it can help for added weight. A mix of the two would be preferred.

Also, to answer your question about hypertrophy, then they both do increase metabolism.