Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Struggle to remove and put on spring grip collars.

Have a sports authority 300# barbell set that came with spring collars. For the life of me, I have to struggle a good 3 mins just to get these suckers off and back on and almost fully exhaust my forearms and grip in the process. Problem is, these clips have to be fully closed to get around and slide up the barbell and it takes a large amount of force to close them.

My grip strength isn't great, but I can close a captains of crush #4, so I suspect maybe getting a better quality set of spring grips would solve this or is my grip strength just that poor?

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Lazy_Dumb-Bell View Post
    Have a sports authority 300# barbell set that came with spring collars. For the life of me, I have to struggle a good 3 mins just to get these suckers off and back on and almost fully exhaust my forearms and grip in the process. Problem is, these clips have to be fully closed to get around and slide up the barbell and it takes a large amount of force to close them.

My grip strength isn't great, but I can close a captains of crush #4, so I suspect maybe getting a better quality set of spring grips would solve this or is my grip strength just that poor?
    Your grip strength isn't great yet you can close the #4? something doesn't add up.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    So you are claiming to be one of the 5 guys in the world who can close a 365# COC 4 and you can't close a spring collar?

If the collars a giving you fits I would just buy new ones.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a whole box of those clips and never use them. The only time I clip is when setting a new rm at squats. I dont wont to think about anything side to side, I just want to get it done.

Dont stress over it.

And if there is any question, the answer is yes, I am telling you to ignore safety equipment for the sake of covenience.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    LOL to this thread. OP just wishes majorly. Damn trolls
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Probably a ribbed bar but worth a laugh anyway.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 15

Repping crew for life.

I rep back.:)

Ive got a new training partner.:)

Dirty Bulking.:)

Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazy_Dumb-Bell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    So you are claiming to be one of the 5 guys in the world who can close a 365# COC 4 and you can't close a spring collar?

If the collars a giving you fits I would just buy new ones.
    Sorry, I meant the #2s, gave them away a while back- forgot they started at 0 and then went up.

And yes, the bar is ribbed with a thin screw thread. Does this mean I need to get some regular collars?

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sorry, I meant the #2s, gave them away a while back- forgot they started at 0 and then went up.

And yes, the bar is ribbed with a thin screw thread. Does this mean I need to get some regular collars?
    Or a new barbell lol I personally hate ribbed sleeve bars, could just try and find a looser spring, or search on here for info on one of the many quick release collars like muscle clamps etc. Or get bulldogs or proper olympic-style clamps.

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Even with a #2 you won't have a problem. maybe it could be that your collars are off in size and that's why they don't fit. Go and buy some new ones and see if they have the same problem. Do the existing springs close fully depress before going on the bar?

PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have one of those bars they are a pain in the ass. Get another set of clamps or a new bar thats the only way around it. My first bar was like that. Its a piece of crap.

Repping crew for life.

Originally Posted by HardKore79 View Post
    Even with a #2 you won't have a problem. maybe it could be that your collars are off in size and that's why they don't fit. Go and buy some new ones and see if they have the same problem. Do the existing springs close fully depress before going on the bar?
    What I need to do is basically grip the collar with one hand to the point where the two short metal grips touch while forcing the collar off with the other hand using lots of exertion and some twisting around the numerous screw grooves. It's shocking these collars would ship with this bar unless sports authority subbed them.

Anyways, for the threaded bar- would either of these be a problem?

http://www.amazon.com/Quicklee-Plast...6465827&sr=1-3

http://www.amazon.com/Muscle-Clamp-W...6465827&sr=1-9

Either should work. I just got a better pair of springs but never use them except on my SS bar. Be very carefull with the bar you have it can start to bend around 450 pounds.

Repping crew for life.

What I need to do is basically grip the collar with one hand to the point where the two short metal grips touch while forcing the collar off with the other hand using lots of exertion and some twisting around the numerous screw grooves. It's shocking these collars would ship with this bar unless sports authority subbed them.

Anyways, for the threaded bar- would either of these be a problem?

http://www.amazon.com/Quicklee-Plast...6465827&sr=1-3

http://www.amazon.com/Muscle-Clamp-W...6465827&sr=1-9
    I have both and I like the Clamps better.

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Originally Posted by PullBig View Post
    Probably a ribbed bar but worth a laugh anyway.
    I have this same bar. It came with my Sports Authority weights. It currently resides in the corner of my garage. It does have the ribs and he is not kidding when he says the clips are stiff. I couldn't believe how much effort it took to to close them. No F'n kidding. You could use them as grip trainers. Most spring clips are pretty easy to squeeze and just slide them on. These are crazy stiff. If I ever use that bar, I will get some decent spring clips or some clamps.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000)
    buy new clamps....they should not be the cause of any stress
    Last edited by boxertim; 03-07-2009 at 09:02 PM.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 12

https://www.youtube.com/user/solvedphysicsproblem

117 videos showing the solutions to all highschool physics problems that could possibly come up.

Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have the same thing.
    Hate that bar chipping away and I get metal splintiers in my hands ahh.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've got 4 sets of the muscle clamps. They are worth the money.