ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Exclamation Binging the past two days, i need your ladies help

okay so im at the natural products health expo this weekend, last night(friday) was the first day. my mom and i showed up late so we got all these samples thrown at us because vendors were trying to get rid of them for the day. i ended up eating alot, and then aftwerwards we went to an after party at the hilton, they had all these fried foods and potstickers,empenadas,etc i ate maybe 16 of them after already being stuffed(each one was a gernerous portion as well). i then felt like i was going to throw up but i couldnt, my mom tried to help me, we went to get a laxative from a pharmacy and i took half of the bottle which was the dosage for a 12 year old. i then started to retch but still couldnt throw up and was on the floor of target in the most pain i honestly have ever been in my life.

then i got up this morning still feeling bloated but i decided to go on a jog down to the beach since im staying in corona del mar, i jogged 20 minutes to get to the beach, walking back i felt exceedingly depressed. i got to the expo again today and the binging resumed, i have no idea how much i ate today but i felt like crap. i went to the gym after to make myself feel a bit better, get some endorphins going by doing 30 min interval on the stairmaster but it didnt help any. i know im having serious issues, my mom doesnt know what to do and i dont know what to do. shes going to walk with me around the expo tommorrow to keep me from over eating though.

i know what im doing to my body, and i know what it will make me feel like, but i still want to do it anyway at the time, i just want to eat. i think it has something to do with how restrictive i was with my diet. i need some advice ladies what to do to get past this, ive heard some of you have had eating disorders, and advice as to how to get through tommorrow, i have to go i dont have a choice, im with my parents company.

thanks to anyone who took the time to read this novel ,and thank you for any advice

v4nity is just really nice. (+1000) v4nity is just really nice. (+1000) v4nity is just really nice. (+1000) v4nity is just really nice. (+1000) v4nity is just really nice. (+1000) v4nity is just really nice. (+1000) v4nity is just really nice. (+1000) v4nity is just really nice. (+1000) v4nity is just really nice. (+1000) v4nity is just really nice. (+1000) v4nity is just really nice. (+1000)
    first off, thats scary girl!
    but i cant say i havent been there..

what i used to do was keep a picture of something that inspires me on my wallpaper of my blackberry, or in my wallet.

for a good while there it was jamie eason.. lol.. or demi moore in gi jane..
    also carry some veggies with you so you can snack on them while you wander through the expo..

goodluck.

BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok...I can relate all too well.
    First off...Do NOT panic. If your diet feels super restrictive..that could definitely be trigering a psychological and physiological desire to binge. Give yourself a second to regroup, but I strongly suggest that you make your diet a bit more flexible. Incorporating a cheat...allowing yourself a meal or a day where you kinda eat what you want...
    www.summacumfitness.com

Registered User litlfalafelgirl's Avatar
    litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) litlfalafelgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i just posted this in another thread, but it totally applies for you too:

i finally told my mom and my best friend (who also binges) that i've been binging. my mom is pretty reserved and doesn't talk about feelings/proactive solutions as much as i need, but the friend is more helpful. i feel like a huge weight is lifted now that i'm not carrying this secret and i feel accountable because they'll know what i'm doing in the kitchen at midnight. it's been two days and i haven't binged. sounds small, but i have to keep reminding myself all the days i don't do it add up and i can't get ahead of myself.

i wanted to be a super clean, bb diet, but i realized that to try NOT to binge and cut out so much at this stage is setting myself up for failure. if i want super sugary cereal for breakfast instead of 100% plain shredded wheat or oats for a change, just have it. if i want sweetened yogurt instead of plain, that's ok. i just have to focus on not binging from restriction or to deal with emotions. then i can set new goals - eat clean for x-amount of days in a row. some people can go cold turkey because it works for them. some people need this gradual letting go because focusing on two things at once is too overwhelming.

i'm reading "taming of the chew," which is a guide on why people compulsively overeat and how to stop. i've just started and haven't read anything ground breaking yet but it can't hurt.

like my friend told me - you did what you did. you can't let the binge yesterday hold you down. you just have to forget it and let it go and just stop doing it.

i'm going to set a new bb goal with my trainer and i'm running a 5k in 5 weeks with a friend. i want to focus on that instead of the carton of ice cream i devoured. i'm mostly working on the shame now, the fact that i let myself get so into the binging pattern in the first place. yes, it was a horrible thing to do to my body. yes, it was a unhealthy way to deal with my problems. but i can't change the past. i can only change the way to cope with things today.

i know that sounds a little self-help touchy-feely but it's true. good luck.

nurseerikam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nurseerikam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nurseerikam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nurseerikam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nurseerikam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nurseerikam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nurseerikam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nurseerikam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nurseerikam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nurseerikam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nurseerikam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It won't let me add you!

I soooooo need a buddy that i can talk to abt this!

Cynthia_1979 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cynthia_1979 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cynthia_1979 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cynthia_1979 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cynthia_1979 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cynthia_1979 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cynthia_1979 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cynthia_1979 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cynthia_1979 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cynthia_1979 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cynthia_1979 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I totally agree with Blackbarbiedoll, the best way to curb binge eating is to incorporate one or two cheat days into your diet. If you can try and stay consistent through-out your cheat days, replacing 1-2 meals as cheats.

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have been dealing with bingeing too and the best advice I can give is to NOT consider food "cheat" or "noncheat"..."clean" or "unclean"...instead, think about what you REALLY want to eat when you're REALLY hungry..eat slowly..savor the taste...I highly recommend the book "Intuitive Eating"
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

Registered User goldengoddess22's Avatar
    goldengoddess22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think if you know you are going to a place that may have tons of food you can possibly overeat with, then i think you should have a mental game plan before going. Also you should really think of what triggers the eating (i.e emotions, social events, taste) and really tackle that in order to began working on preventing the binging. When thinking of a mental game plan beforehand, you can remind yourself of that feeling you would have afterwards, mentally and physically, hopefully by reminding yourself of those feelings can perhaps stop you. you have to coach yourself i feel.
    -A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority
    - Goal date May 31st baby!!
    -6'0 Wonder of the World!
    -Who say 6'0 footers aren't sexy? We invented SEXY!

ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    thank you ladies for all the advice, i did better on sunday at the expo, i still at more than i wanted too but only till i was a bit past full not till i was on the floor unable to move

i hope i can get past this, thanks for all the help!

jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jackie423 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've slowly been getting over binging...it's taken years but each year gets better and better.

One thing that really helped me was to focus on HEALTH and not weight. In the past I would eat a salad because "I don't want to get fat." instead of "My body needs the vegetables and nutrients."

As hard as it is...you have to forgive yourself. You can't beat yourself up. Whenever you can gain back control (because w/ binging you get in that crazy/unstoppable state) focus not on what you just did, but on the future. You can't change the past, but you can decide the future. Sounds corny - I know....but once I finally let go of the shame, guilit, anger, etc. of binge eating I was able to switch my focus to more healthier habits.

tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i binge eat sometimes as well.. but buying laxatives and throwing up only makes it worse.. becuase it makes it "ok" to binge since your getting rid of the food. If you leave the food inside yourself, you will be less inclined to binge next time becuase "you had to deal with the consequences" in the big picture though, a couple binges will not hinder your progress.

and i am surprised your mom is helping you throw up and buy laxatives... these are so bad for you long term, one of my friends totally trashed the inside of her intestines this way, and the doctor said it was the worst hes ever seen.

Originally Posted by tikitorch View Post
    i binge eat sometimes as well.. but buying laxatives and throwing up only makes it worse.. becuase it makes it "ok" to binge since your getting rid of the food. If you leave the food inside yourself, you will be less inclined to binge next time becuase "you had to deal with the consequences" in the big picture though, a couple binges will not hinder your progress.

and i am surprised your mom is helping you throw up and buy laxatives... these are so bad for you long term, one of my friends totally trashed the inside of her intestines this way, and the doctor said it was the worst hes ever seen.
    my mom got it for me because i was in so much pain and i was retching but my body couldnt throw it up. we think that some of the food at the hotel was cooked in rancid oil, because we found out about some other people the next day who had gotten sick eating at the party as well. she normally doesnt advocate the use of them, and i dont believe in them either, but she made an exception because i begged her and was in so much pain. i dont think its right to binge either, and i could never do that like bulimics binging and purging stuff, its sickening, i wasnt trying to make it okay that i ate that much trying to throw it up, i was just trying to make the pain stop.

sgraham1387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been doing this all for 7 weeks now and I have one "cheat day" a week. I am a college student so I knew if I didn't allow myself one day to let loose I eventually would just give up. I love having one day where I can eat what I want and I have found I eat less on those days because my body wants the healthy stuff. My results have been ok, but I am in it for the long haul and if one day to let loose is what I need to keep this life style change going that it what I need to do. It is about making a new way to eat and live! Not starving yourself and then binge eating and feeling like crap! Do what you have to do to keep yourself on track for good, even if that means one cheat day a week. It is worth it in the end!