Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Fat2killUSA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fat2killUSA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fat2killUSA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fat2killUSA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fat2killUSA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fat2killUSA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fat2killUSA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fat2killUSA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fat2killUSA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by justodit View Post
    I am currently at 10 - 12% bodyfat. I have been trying desperately for the past year to get below 10%. I tried the velocity diet, but the fat loss stalled like crazy after the third week. I am not sure what to do anymore. Please help
    Increase metabolism. i am 10% right now and last year i was 6 %

Solum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am also battling to get under 10%. Anything under it and I am already happy.

I've started training seriously this January 2013 after years of partying, drinking, eating whatever I wanted... Well, just having fun But I got to a point where I was 28 years old, and held myself on those monkey bars and couldn't stand being there for 3 seconds. Friggin weakling :-p

So, today, about 4 months after I started training, I went from 170lbs to 147lbs, 21% to 14.5% and I am 5'8. Much stronger as well, as expected.

Now I am feeling I am hitting a plateau. Have never tried a carbs cycling diet, have always done high-protein only diets.

What I currently eat today is something like:

bfast
    7 white eggs
    1 turkey breast (or chicken)
    spinach

lunch
    2 turkey breast (or chicken)
    2 cups of assorted veggies (steamed)

dinner
    top sirloin steak (fat trimmed), veal , or turkey, or chicken, or tuna... depends
    2 cups of assorted veggies (steamed)

For snacks around the day I have cottage cheese, buffalo jerkey, soy nuts. Varies
    Also having around 4 scoops of protein per day, 2 cups of BCAA during training and 3 pills of Green Coffee Bean and ASN Thermo Lean Hardcore

All in all I am having around 150 grams of protein per day, which is right for my weight, I believe.

What do you guys think? Am I going to the right direction? I am on calorie deficit everyday. I am training 5 days a week, having HIIT 15 min after every training and running 12km to 20km (also depends on the energy level) around town once a week.

Cheers guys

Location: Port of Spain, State / Province, Trinidad and Tobago
    triniking17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triniking17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triniking17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triniking17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triniking17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triniking17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triniking17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triniking17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triniking17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triniking17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triniking17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am currently at 10 - 12% bodyfat. I have been trying desperately for the past year to get below 10%. I tried the velocity diet, but the fat loss stalled like crazy after the third week. I am not sure what to do anymore. Please help
    You can try the Keto Diet. Basically you eat less that 50Grams of carbs per day , AND increase your fat intake, such as nuts ,flaxseed oil etc . Your body goes into Ketosis in a matter of days where it uses fat for fuel. Google Keto diet. It's worth a look.
    I will be...the ultimate weapon!

bboyhughes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboyhughes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboyhughes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboyhughes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboyhughes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboyhughes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboyhughes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboyhughes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboyhughes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboyhughes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bboyhughes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    getting down to 10% is the easy part anything more is alot harder its not just eating clean but eating smart you need to calculate your macros and find out exactly how much of what you should be eating per meal and you need to re asses and re calculate your macros every time you get a result of the fat loss as you say "stalls"

on eating smart its also when you eat it got to be the second you get up and every 2 1/2 hours afterwards to keep you metabolism roaring. the hardest part is making sure you hit you macros without going over. its all about how much you put into it its hard very very hard to keep on top of and not gonna lie i really struggle and im in the same boat ive fallen off the wagon abit but im currently at 10% body fat and should easily be at 7% by my birthday in march sounds like a long time to drop 3% but doing it this way i knwo ill be able to easily keep it off once im there no silly diets that starve the body and then it just piles back on after i stop

the more you execise the faster it will happen but its a gradual thing you can use crazy diets and no carb food plans if you wish but the results will be temporary slow and steady will help you maintain below 10% much easier.

my advice is get some sort of healthy meal replacment so eating 6 times a day every 2 1/2 hours becomes easier personally i use herbalife its expensive but the products are nice and they are an easy way for me to hit my macros

spyrkosm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    can anyone that cut below 10% say how did he do it? (diet, exercise etc)

ameer786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi am trying to get my body fat to bout 10-11% am eating clean but still my belly won't go down to what can I do can you people help me and I just want to look bit more toned

Hi

Hi am trying to get my body fat to bout 10-11% am eating clean but still my belly won't go down to what can I do can you people help me and I just want to look bit more toned

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ameer786 View Post
    Eat less food.

Originally Posted by MrM27 View Post
    Eat less food.
    Am eating less food lot and fruit and that but it still won't go down am training 3-4 times a week

jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by spyrkosm View Post
    can anyone that cut below 10% say how did he do it? (diet, exercise etc)
    Can someone give you an exact plan that will work for you? NO!!

I've done it for the past twelve years, but it took several years of trial & error to figure out my system and reach my goal. Getting to 12% is not super difficult, however getting to <10% is a whole other animal. IMO, you need a decent amount of mass before even venturing into these numbers, once that is achieved, hours of training, cardio with solid diet plan.... AND cutting calories is not always the best answer.
    **PUREBLOOD FOR LIFE CREW**
    -- A e s t h e t i c s C r e w -- E x t r e m e D i p s C r e w -- M i s c C a r C r e w ---
    **2004 Acura NSX**2017 Honda Civic Type R, BADGE #357**
    **2018 BMW X5M**2020 Toyota TRD PRO**
    **Sandwiches are made in the KITCHEN......ABS are built in the GYM!**

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ameer786 View Post
    Am eating less food lot and fruit and that but it still won't go down am training 3-4 times a week
    Start tracking properly. Eat in a caloric deficit.

JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100)
    The lowest Ive personally have been was about 9 % and i dropped from about 10% in a week by going low carb and exercise. On the 7th day i did a refeed. I didnt count calories, i just got plenty of polyunsaturated fats, and saturated fats along with my protein needs every day. I also didnt eat breakfast until two hours after waking or just had a protein shake right after waking which has scientific proof to burn fat. I also tried to limit low glycemic foods, and on my refeed, I ate a lot of high glycemic foods. Eating high gi foods spikes insulin and prevents your body from storing fat especially post workout and after being glycogen depleted. If ypu eat too many low gi foods, you are messing yourself up, because you are prolonging insulin activity which tunes your body to store fat instead of glycogen.

Sin1ster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JayLutz91 View Post
    The lowest Ive personally have been was about 9 % and i dropped from about 10% in a week by going low carb and exercise. On the 7th day i did a refeed. I didnt count calories, i just got plenty of polyunsaturated fats, and saturated fats along with my protein needs every day. I also didnt eat breakfast until two hours after waking or just had a protein shake right after waking which has scientific proof to burn fat. I also tried to limit low glycemic foods, and on my refeed, I ate a lot of high glycemic foods. Eating high gi foods spikes insulin and prevents your body from storing fat especially post workout and after being glycogen depleted. If ypu eat too many low gi foods, you are messing yourself up, because you are prolonging insulin activity which tunes your body to store fat instead of glycogen.
    Dude I'm sorry but that is some awful advice.

jlsnyderTypeR basically said all you need to hear. There is no magic to get sub10%.. It's going to take first and foremost a damn good diet with proper restriction, activity levels with weight training and cardio, tons of will power, and not to mention one of the most underrated aspects of getting lean on a diet and that is patience. I suggest doing some more research other than having 1 person tell you how they got sub10%. Everyone is different

Kylesmichaud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my input

I can give some insight I am currently around 7-8% seeing more of my abs and more veins fairly often. Lost about twenty lbs but have lost very little muscle as I am almost maxed out within a couple inches depending on body part. I am naturally super skinny used to weigh 100 lbs. Was up to 160ish before I cut I'm 5'5" and had not height gain since the 100 so its all muscle esp since my bodyfat was around this maybe a little higher. I've nvr been this low at the amount of muscle as I love to bulk and see how big I am but this time I'm still huge barely lost anything. Once I got around 10-12% I started trying intermittent fasting and it seems to work. I just don't eat from the time I sleep until lunch at work unless I workout or ride my bike to work I take a big scoop of protein with water when I bulk I used milk and oats. I barely have any carbs but every so often ill go to my sisters for dinner and have a bit of pasta. I also go to the buffet fairly often consuming some carbs there. I don't fully count my cals but it doesn't seem I need to as I keep losing fat and am keeping muscle. For supplements I take carnitine whey fish oil green tea multivitamin and natural testosteRone boosters such as horny goat weed forskolin and tribulis. Switching between them per bottle. Not completely sure they work but I feel more anger when I begin to take so I'm guessing it helps to some extent. Everything I take is naturally and it seems everything I do is working.

PUT THE COOKIE DOWN. NOW. Colombini1X's Avatar
    Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kylesmichaud View Post
    I can give some insight I am currently around 7-8% seeing more of my abs and more veins fairly often. Lost about twenty lbs but have lost very little muscle as I am almost maxed out within a couple inches depending on body part. I am naturally super skinny used to weigh 100 lbs. Was up to 160ish before I cut I'm 5'5" and had not height gain since the 100 so its all muscle esp since my bodyfat was around this maybe a little higher. I've nvr been this low at the amount of muscle as I love to bulk and see how big I am but this time I'm still huge barely lost anything. Once I got around 10-12% I started trying intermittent fasting and it seems to work. I just don't eat from the time I sleep until lunch at work unless I workout or ride my bike to work I take a big scoop of protein with water when I bulk I used milk and oats. I barely have any carbs but every so often ill go to my sisters for dinner and have a bit of pasta. I also go to the buffet fairly often consuming some carbs there. I don't fully count my cals but it doesn't seem I need to as I keep losing fat and am keeping muscle. For supplements I take carnitine whey fish oil green tea multivitamin and natural testosteRone boosters such as horny goat weed forskolin and tribulis. Switching between them per bottle. Not completely sure they work but I feel more anger when I begin to take so I'm guessing it helps to some extent. Everything I take is naturally and it seems everything I do is working.
    Not sure if srs...

MortyMars is just really nice. (+1000) MortyMars is just really nice. (+1000) MortyMars is just really nice. (+1000) MortyMars is just really nice. (+1000) MortyMars is just really nice. (+1000) MortyMars is just really nice. (+1000) MortyMars is just really nice. (+1000) MortyMars is just really nice. (+1000) MortyMars is just really nice. (+1000) MortyMars is just really nice. (+1000) MortyMars is just really nice. (+1000)
    www.leangains.com should help people get to 10%

jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Kylesmichaud View Post
    Dude, you're no where near 7%! You're closer to 16% than anything! You need to refrain from posting anymore before you end up deep in the red...
    **PUREBLOOD FOR LIFE CREW**
    -- A e s t h e t i c s C r e w -- E x t r e m e D i p s C r e w -- M i s c C a r C r e w ---
    **2004 Acura NSX**2017 Honda Civic Type R, BADGE #357**
    **2018 BMW X5M**2020 Toyota TRD PRO**
    **Sandwiches are made in the KITCHEN......ABS are built in the GYM!**

rsmith90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this was from a long while ago but thought I'd reply in case you were still fighting the body fat fight.

As cliché as it sounds, you have to be really strict with your diet, training and cardio.

If you don't already, track EVERYTHING you eat and drink and be hard on yourself. I know people say that this can build an unhealthy relationship with food but it depends on your lifestyle and the goal you're trying to achieve. I'm currently 9% body fat and I have had 2 refeed meals in 10 weeks whilst I've been in a calorie deficit and limited carbs. That is a REFEED and not a cheat meal/day. I simply upped my carb intake for the day by 1.5 and carried on as usual.

I weigh myself every day, drink at least 1.5 gallons of water, plus coffee. I limit myself to 2 diet cokes/pepsi max a day.

I wake at 4am and do my cardio.. Making sure I hit 3 x LISS sessions @ 35 mins a week and 3 x HIIT sessions a week @ 15 mins. I strength train mon, tues, thurs, fri and hit all body parts HARD over those 4 training days.

I'm not saying I'm a guru or fitness but just wanted to show you that you have to be ALL IN if you really want the results you're after.

Try getting a coach and having a new set of eyes to approach your training and diet.

I really am not trying to patronise or anything and I'm probably telling you things you already know or are currently doing. Just trying to help.