Mr.April is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.April is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.April is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.April is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.April is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.April is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.April is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.April is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.April is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.April is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.April is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How bad is one cheat meal?

So i'm competing in 3 weeks in my first show I've been on a strict diet now for 5 weeks I weigh 140 and my bf% is right on target

How bad would it be to have a cheat meal for dinner?
    Should I do anything if I cheat like run extra?

I'm new to this so thanks

otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You shouldn't feel bad about cheating. When you follow your diet 24/7 all week round, you need a cheat meal. Truth to be told, that cheat meal keeps your mood happy, while the other meals (your staple diet of perfectly balanced nutrition) are needed to build your body.

The meaning of having a cheat meal one a week is to feed your mind, while the other meals are to feed your body. To have a balance between your mind and your body is important to get what you want.

So, enjoy your cheat meal. Just don't get indulge with it.

stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My trainer says this concerning cheating on a prep diet. Imagine on contest day it's down to the wire,..between you and the other guy,..The other guy is just a tad bit leaner, developed, vascular than you,..only a tad bit,..but enough to swing the decision of the judges his way,..All you can think about after the show is,.."If I didnt have that one cheat meal what could have been"! Your show is only a few weeks away,..stick to your diet! Theres always the meal after the show that will be all worth it! Hang in there!

scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000)
    with three weeks away why risk it? Here is my take.

I NEVER cheat on my contest diet, but I do have a refeed meal that i work into my plan which consists of:

Outback: 7 oz filet, sweet potato with sugar but no butter, 1 loaf of their pumpernickel bread no butter, and broccoli.

I do this once per weekend after a large leg workout. The next morning Im always hot as hell when I wake up; a tell-tale sign of a reved metabolism, if you are freezing upon waking when dieting, you have problems, anyways.

One meal, worked in, when I stop dropping 1 lbs per week I may take it out, we will see.

So NO to a cheat, but if you had a refeed worked in its valuable.

Ss
    Scivation Sponsored Athlete: http://scivation.com/teamscivation/jasontheobald.htm
    www.nattynutrition.com
    www.physiquetalk.com

jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    don't do it. its 3 weeks, you've done it for 5 already. in no time you'll be back to a more flexible diet where you can indulge here and there.
    like stayfit said, in the end it can really come down to ONE cheat meal.
    Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.
    -Winston Churchill

I LOVE HIIT!!!

if you be persistent, you can have anything in this world that you want.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is not even on my mind at this point. Focus bro.
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000) ste247 is just really nice. (+1000)
    listen to stayfit from what i can gather he has been there seen it and done it and has a lot of experiance, he has given me solid advice in the past......just have a refeed meal lots of rice maybe some chicken with the skin left on for flavour and a nice coffee made with whole milk and some veg. 3 weeks is not a long time hang on in then after the show indulge in ye fav pizza and stuff its not long to wait...
    i rep back if i forget pm me and i will do it on recharge............

getting massive again :)

show time next year

otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50) otongki will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What about this for a meal?

"Passion on a bowl"

Half an apple
    Half a peach
    Half of segmented orange
    One kiwi
    3 strawberries

A scoop of vanilla shakes

Diced all the fruits into a bowl, pour the protein shakes in it. Add a little bit of cruesli whole-wheat cereal, and dashed it with a tbsp of honey.

Is that also a cheat meal? I think, if it's in a 4 W/O region, a cheat meal is something that is not in the menu, but still have the similar nutritional ratio with the original plan; just a little bit more "exciting".

I ate that usually when I crave for sweet, it's gives me relief ands keep my brain sanity from all those un-seasoned chicken and meat.

Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cheat meal @ 3 weeks out and not in ketosis = fail
    U.S. Soldier
    Competitive bodybuilder

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cheat meals are fine but their time has come and gone. You're too close at this point. If you were going to have cheat meals, it should have been weeks ago.

Also, I wouldn't make cheats too sloppy. I'm with SS on this one. Peronally, I like a POrterhouse, roasted yams (in olive oil) and a salad with some crushed nuts and parm cheese. Always with a glass of Cabernet. That's my cheat and it's not really all that bad. But I sure as hell wouldn't do it with 3 weeks to go.

Either way, good luck at that show.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Mr.April View Post
    So i'm competing in 3 weeks in my first show I've been on a strict diet now for 5 weeks I weigh 140 and my bf% is right on target

How bad would it be to have a cheat meal for dinner?
    Should I do anything if I cheat like run extra?

I'm new to this so thanks
    which show is this?
    Thanks Ronnie, you're a true legend

Well done Dexter Jackson!!!

"You live on earth one time and one time only. There's only one u, why not look as good as possible?" - lord infamous

"The more a man learns, he realises how little he knows"

jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    im not competing so i dont need to be chiseled, but figured id ask this here as you guys are the most experienced with dropping to low bodyfats.

i want to cut below 10 percent bodyfat. i am currently around 12 percent bodyfat if i had to guess. do you think a cheat meal once a week would slow my progress that much?

Team Boss Barbell Club Rsardinia's Avatar
    Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by scoobysnacks View Post

I NEVER cheat on my contest diet, but I do have a refeed meal that i work into my plan which consists of:

Outback: 7 oz filet, sweet potato with sugar but no butter, 1 loaf of their pumpernickel bread no butter, and broccoli.

I do this once per weekend after a large leg workout. The next morning Im always hot as hell when I wake up; a tell-tale sign of a reved metabolism, if you are freezing upon waking when dieting, you have problems, anyways.

One meal, worked in, when I stop dropping 1 lbs per week I may take it out, we will see.

Ss
    what are the macros on that meal?

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I usually have my cheat meal on my re-feed day.
    Just a weight lifter

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sure it's ok to cheat if you don't give a **** about winning

SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    I was wondering also .. if i don't do refeeds .. would my fat loss get slow?

cuz i don't want to do refeeds .. every time i do refeeds i feel like watery .. and i don't eat anything unusual just oats / rice / and 3 or 2 whole eggs..

i hate the watery feeling :s .. and i really want to get down to 7~8% bodyfat
    Beast

OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For me...it would be too much to give up! I stand on that stage and know I have stuck to the plan 100%...you will kick yourself if you don't come in awesome condition!
    Natural Figure Champion

Sponsored by

www.assassinnutrition.com.au

www.activewearonline.com.au

www.pke.com.au

NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    /thread
    Instagram @drsuperdose
    Online coaching & Contest prep
    www.thorntonfitness.com

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Insight View Post
    just curious, are you saying that about refeeding or nonlinear intake in general for a contest prep diet? or just the concept of "cheating," as in breaking the diet due to a lack of willpower?
    cheating is different than a controlled increase in calories with a targeted purpose with specific protein/carb/fat targets.

Natural Bodybuilder andregregoire's Avatar
    andregregoire has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andregregoire has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andregregoire has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andregregoire has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andregregoire has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andregregoire has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I love having refeeds and cheat meals bet even my fat ass won't do that **** starting 5-6 weeks out...lol

Let's put it this way, it's not going to help your progress.
    If it's not hard it's not worth doing...

http://www.hyperforce.net/ <--- Team Hyperforce
    http://www.********.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on ********

jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by scoobysnacks View Post

Ss
    this....but for me my once a week was Wahoo's fish taco's

regreb01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) regreb01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) regreb01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) regreb01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) regreb01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) regreb01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) regreb01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) regreb01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) regreb01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) regreb01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) regreb01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm 12 days out and haven't had a cheat meal since 10weeks out. Its not worth it man. Just think bout the meal after the show. Go get urself a diet cherry vanilla pepsi or something to give u a flavor boost, or use a different flavor of hot sauce on your chicken for a meal lol.

cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jack90 View Post
    im not competing so i dont need to be chiseled, but figured id ask this here as you guys are the most experienced with dropping to low bodyfats.

i want to cut below 10 percent bodyfat. i am currently around 12 percent bodyfat if i had to guess. do you think a cheat meal once a week would slow my progress that much?
    Not sure if you guys noticed this but the original thread about cheating 3 weeks out was posted in March of 09. Its was opened back up by this guy ^.

Jack90... It really depends on what your cheat meal consists of, what your diet/workout looks like the rest of the week, how badly you want to meet your goals...

In moving from 12% to 10% I don't think a reasonable cheat meal once a week is going to hurt you all that much. By "reasonable" I don't mean 5 cheeseburgers and an entire cheesecake. You could try it with the cheat meal and see how your progressing... If you can get by with the cheat go for it. However if you do it for a few weeks or a month and find that you're not progressing like you'd like to simply take out the cheat and go from there. I've found that cheats don't work for me at all. They simply open up my cravings and make me more likely to binge. Instead of cheats I found that refeeds worked really well for me. Keep in mind though that I was prepping for a contest and everyones different.

Good luck.
    If it's to be it's up to me....

"There is no such thing as a small miracle. A gym is a place of miracles. People do things they once thought impossible--lifting heavier, squeezing out one more rep, finding discipline and willpower they didn't know they had. They're amazed at how good they feel and look, and they carry their new power into the world. This is the miracle I wanted to give to the world." - Joe Wieder