InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I only spend 45 minutes in the gym...

I can't help it. I don't know what else to do. I go without a partner and I manage to get done in 45 minutes. I do 4-5 exercises, 1-2 usually compound (I do them first). I try to do 4 sets of at least 6 reps for each exercise, but with smaller muscle groups I can do 5x10 (like calfs, or triceps). I don't talk to anyone and don't waste time.

What bothers me is that almost all the guys with great gains (muscle or fat loss) spend like 2-3 hours in the gym. I know I would overwork with that schedule and then end up fatigued and lose strength.

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    dont know your whole routine but you shouldnt need more than an hour to an hour and a half for your work out. so 45 minutes woould be about right if you arent wasting any time.
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MAPjunky View Post
    dont know your whole routine but you shouldnt need more than an hour to an hour and a half for your work out. so 45 minutes woould be about right if you arent wasting any time.
    I really waste no time. I don't socialize in the gym and the weight room is usually empty when I go so I don't have to wait. If the exercise does not use previous muscle group (like switching from upper body to legs) then I don't even give myself relaxation time (not needed since its a different muscle group).

ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramrod63 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    have you ever tried that? i saw nice results from spending that kind of time in the gym, except i made sure i got the rest i need, enough sleep, properly split up my workout so i dont overwork 1 muscle or more, did different types of cardio (running, swimming, jump rope, rowing...) that way i dont just run 6 days a week and burn out my legs

Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by InfectedWithBB View Post
    I really waste no time. I don't socialize in the gym and the weight room is usually empty when I go so I don't have to wait. If the exercise does not use previous muscle group (like switching from upper body to legs) then I don't even give myself relaxation time (not needed since its a different muscle group).
    This could be your problem if you aren't making any gains. Everyone flies through workouts if they are only working fresh muscle groups. Try a chest day with 4-5 exercises, all hitting chest one after the other - same for back, legs, etc. You may be able to do it in the same 45 minutes or it may take you longer... doesn't really matter, but the overload and constant stimulation may be what you need to shock yourself into growth.

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    like i said thats all you need then. sorry it wasnt a suggestion that you do waste time just a confirmation of what you said before. good luck
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

Originally Posted by sincerelyryan View Post
    This could be your problem if you aren't making any gains. Everyone flies through workouts if they are only working fresh muscle groups. Try a chest day with 4-5 exercises, all hitting chest one after the other - same for back, legs, etc. You may be able to do it in the same 45 minutes or it may take you longer... doesn't really matter, but the overload and constant stimulation may be what you need to shock yourself into growth.
    You might be right. Its just once you did bench press then you won't be able to work your shoulders and triceps at maximum because they will be tired by then. You'll end up lifting less weight too. So, I figured if you don't work those muscle the same day and let them rest then you can lift more 1 day later and better gains (since you'll be able to lift more).

Would it really make better gains to be stressing the muscle so much on the same day and not managing max weights bc the muscle is tired/fatigued?

porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    45 minutes? You should be able to get a good workout in that time.
    How much time in the gym isn't really important.
    Train until your muscles have been worked sufficiently, then get out

My average time in the gym is about 25 minutes, and I get 15-20 sets done.
    Oh, and the point is to work your muscles to exhaustion.
    Don't worry about how much weight you are using...worry more about how much work your muscles are getting.

Originally Posted by porcupinetree View Post
    45 minutes? You should be able to get a good workout in that time.
    How much time in the gym isn't really important.
    Train until your muscles have been worked sufficiently, then get out

My average time in the gym is about 25 minutes, and I get 15-20 sets done.
    Oh, and the point is to work your muscles to exhaustion.
    Don't worry about how much weight you are using...worry more about how much work your muscles are getting.
    Well, there are theories about training until failure. I know that sometimes one extra rep till failure will bring an end to exercise. But if I don't do that final rep then I can pull a whole new set after 60 second break.

Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    45min is a great time. I have the opposite problem, I have to speed myself up otherwise I could easily spend 1.5hrs in there.
    Kaizen.

rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i atleast go 90 minutes, usually my workouts last 120 minutes though.

If its working for you, great. good luck.

Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You might be right. Its just once you did bench press then you won't be able to work your shoulders and triceps at maximum because they will be tired by then. You'll end up lifting less weight too. So, I figured if you don't work those muscle the same day and let them rest then you can lift more 1 day later and better gains (since you'll be able to lift more).

Would it really make better gains to be stressing the muscle so much on the same day and not managing max weights bc the muscle is tired/fatigued?
    The style of exercise you are describing is used to keep your heart rate up, not build mass in the way a typical bodybuilding routine would, i.e. circuit training. You're right about not being able to do max weight on shoulders and tris... that is why I suggest doing them on entirely different days, or using a split so you are doing 2 mayyyyybe 3 body parts per day.

To answer your question about stressing the muscle a lot on the same day...

There is a reason all bodybuilders, pro and amateur, lift the way they do.

master3bs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master3bs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master3bs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master3bs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master3bs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master3bs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master3bs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master3bs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master3bs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master3bs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master3bs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Unless you are looking to be a real body builder, the time is probably sufficient.

I spend 45 minutes to an hour and a half, depending on how much cardio I do.

eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As long as you are really concentrating on your lifts and feel like you're resting long enough between sets and workouts...

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gradually increasing your conditioning, caloric intake and structuring your rest schedule will help you adapt to higher intensity and volume routines.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

insanelifta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insanelifta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insanelifta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insanelifta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insanelifta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insanelifta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insanelifta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insanelifta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insanelifta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insanelifta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insanelifta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

One huge guy at my gym also spends 45min at the gym because he told me that after 45min your testosterone levels drop by 90%, so he tells me why workout more than 45min? And you will get out of the gym quicker when your on your own believe me.

Tayyab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tayyab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tayyab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tayyab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tayyab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tayyab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tayyab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tayyab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tayyab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tayyab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tayyab will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Increase the number of excercises you do.. so if you do 100 - Do 150.. etc. Take breaks in between so ur not exhausted and forced to leave. Take your time, Dont be in a rush.. and importantly.. Goodluck!

cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Quality vs Quantity

Registered User YouKnowWhatItIs's Avatar
    YouKnowWhatItIs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    and the weight room is usually empty when I go so I don't have to wait.
    LUCKY. I hate waiting forever to get to my exercise.

But 45 minutes isn't bad, I don't think i've ever spent more than 2 hours in the gym at once.

Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Quality vs Quantity
    ^ SO true.

Slowverado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slowverado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slowverado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slowverado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slowverado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slowverado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slowverado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slowverado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slowverado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slowverado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slowverado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm usually done with lifting in 40-50 minute also, I focus purely on the lifts, no bsing around or wasted time. On days when I do cardio its longer.
    Matt Tackel

THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    gym is a time to workout hard and get in and out. Dont stay too long if you dont have to the max time i spend when i do cardio is 70 min. Without cardio 50-60 min

E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    To be fair, If im lifting properly, On my own with no distractions, After 45-50 minutes, I Can barely open the door on the car, Let alone continue working out.

Makes me laugh, I see people who get to the gym before me, Are still there when I go, and they make no progress.

I saw someone spend 40 minutes the other day just doing set after set after set of Barbell Curls, Seriously, Must have done 25 sets of 10!
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

"Amazing Isn't It? This Is One Of The Ugliest, Most Annoying Cars On The Planet, Yet, At The Touch Of a Button, Becomes One Of The Very Best. It Becomes, An M5!!!"

fecalneek is just really nice. (+1000) fecalneek is just really nice. (+1000) fecalneek is just really nice. (+1000) fecalneek is just really nice. (+1000) fecalneek is just really nice. (+1000) fecalneek is just really nice. (+1000) fecalneek is just really nice. (+1000) fecalneek is just really nice. (+1000) fecalneek is just really nice. (+1000) fecalneek is just really nice. (+1000) fecalneek is just really nice. (+1000)
    mine last about 35-45 minutes. i don't see why you would need 2 hours?