FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Strength Trainee Cardio!

The Strength Trainee Cardio!

So you’re a power lifter or Olympic lifter and you want to make weight eh? Or are you just a strength training athlete that wants to drop a few lbs for better health? Despite the typical stereo-type of us power lifters and Olympic lifters of being fat, eating whatever we see and never doing aerobic or anaerobic training to help with conditioning, which is a complete fallacy’s of our sport!. Believe it or not a lot of power lifters and Olympic lifters do training to better condition themselves and to look leaner. Now on with the good stuff!

INTERVAL TRAINING! These methods have become very popular now days with numerous benefits coming from them! In a study (1) of 16 men and women doing long distance endurance training and 10 men and women doing interval training on a bike showed that in skin fold test that the interval group LOST 9 times the amount of body fat! Not to mention the endurance training group burned more energy (120.4MJ per session) and the HIIT group actually burned less (57.9MJ per session) and still LOST more body fat! This is amazing yes.. but IAM NOT DONE YET! (2)Interval training has actually show to INCREASE strength product! Yes.. cardio that causes fat loss and increase strength production, how amazing is this?

Well now that you have a sense of how beneficial interval training is without weights lets take a look at how beneficial interval training is WITH weights! In a study done by Stone, Wilson, Blessing and Rozenek (3) had athlete’s Olympic lift for 8 straight wks. In this study they found that the athlete’s decreased resting heart rate by 8%, decreased systolic blood pressure by 4%, their lean body weight increased by 4% and their body fat dropped by 6%! Next time you look at your female aerobic instructor ask how much her body fat % is, cuss chances are its higher then the average female Olympic lifter which is 16%!

Ok, now that you get how beneficial Interval training is, lets learn how to use it shall we!

I m sure a lot of you guys have heard the term GPP thrown around a lot! I mean this is for strength athlete’s isn’t it? Well I’ll show you how to set up a interval session for both anaerobic training followed immediately by GPP training set up as…. You guessed it!

First and foremost, On the first session you will do your running training. This also benefits football players and other athlete’s that strength and speed endurance plays a vital role in their sporting events, which is most all sports! Id suggest to start off with less intervals at first, probably around 4-6 intervals, once you have got a feel and your body knows this you can up the intervals for 8-10, but remember this is ONLY half of the workout! There is a number of interval ways you can do this, I have found that doing 30-40second jogs then 5-10sec burst of sprints on a track to be rather effective. If you first find this to high you can drop down to 20 sec’s with 5-10sec sprints. This would complete one interval. You can keep following into the next interval straight after the jog or you can do what’s called power walking for 10-15seconds. Its basically a fast walk. Then you start your next interval of the same intensiveness.

Now that you have done your first session now time for the second session of the day! Its weight time! The use of barbells will be limited for this reason and id fine the use of dumbbells or kettlebells if you have them useful. I would choose 2-4 of my different GPP exercises. You can also do weighted and un-weighted versions too, if you desire. Since I already figure you know what GPP exercises are, I wont waste my time explaining them, but if you do NOT know then id urge you to join my weight training forum ( http://forums.fortifiedIron.com) and ask the experts! Now back to the setting up the workout! The 3 GPP exercises I’ll chose would be this: (just and example of what id do, you do what you want) DB snatch, DB swings, Burpees. Now you will set up the exercises and now do them as a circuit. First DB snatch for one set, then to DB swings for one set, then Burpees for one set and then repeat for 3-4 sets (intervals) or till you have done as much as you want or desire to do. Now the amount of repetitions depend on you. As a guideline I normally do 5-8 rep’s on most and exercises like DB snatches I like to do up to 30 reps (15 reps per arm in one set.)

Final word, You will find this method for strength trainee’s such as Power lifters or Olympic lifters very beneficial in helping drop some body fat for fun, or helping drop for a weight class. Not to mention some other benefits such as Strength endurance, Speed Endurance, Flexibility and along with other various qualities you will find in sporting events.

(1.)Tremblay, A., J. Simoneau, and C. Bouchard. Impact of Exercise Intensity on Body Fatness and Skeletal Muscle Metabolism. Metabolism. 43(7):814-818. 1994.
    (2.)Todd, Sports Medicine, 14 (4): 243-59, October, 1992
    (3.)Stone, M.H., et al. Cardiovascular Responses to Short-Term Olympic Style Weight-Training in Young Men. Can. J. Appl. Sport Sci. 8(3): 134-9.
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good post! Ill bookmark this because soon as i reach 190 im going to do some serious cardio. When you mention a decrease in bodyfat over the 8week period for some trainees was a 6% decrease. Does that mean that say if your at 18%bf, in 8 weeks youd be at 12% or so? Could you carry on normal lifting such as a 3 day weight regiment and use such cardio for off days 2 or 3 times a week? THanks.

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Fullback_45
    Good post! Ill bookmark this because soon as i reach 190 im going to do some serious cardio. When you mention a decrease in bodyfat over the 8week period for some trainees was a 6% decrease. Does that mean that say if your at 18%bf, in 8 weeks youd be at 12% or so? Could you carry on normal lifting such as a 3 day weight regiment and use such cardio for off days 2 or 3 times a week? THanks.
    I dont know if your bf drop will be so drastic but it could be. Id look for a 4-6% drop on average. I went from 253 to 229 using a similar method. I only did it twice a week sometimes 3x's a wk depending on how i felt.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by FortifiedIron
    I dont know if your bf drop will be so drastic but it could be. Id look for a 4-6% drop on average. I went from 253 to 229 using a similar method. I only did it twice a week sometimes 3x's a wk depending on how i felt.

Kc
    how did you eat during that time and how were your lifts affected?

Originally posted by jeremys
    how did you eat during that time?
    Just cleaned it up, before then i was consuming WAY to much, thinking i had to eat none stop. I just pretty much cut it down some. It sounds stupid but it work and i gave the biggest lifts so far of my career during the time. Mainly for the fact i was leaner and quicker.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeremys is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    awesome. you know, this may actually work

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I didn't read the whole thing
    this is basicaly HIIT right?

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Kane Fan
    I didn't read the whole thing
    this is basicaly HIIT right?
    There's more. Read it, its not long at all.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I found this very helpful, I hope people don't mind this *bump*

Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by ieclifton View Post
    A bit shady, you bumping this thread on your first post. You affiliated to fortified iron? That guy sent me an email once asking all his members for money as he couldn't pay his house payments etc and basically didn't have his shi* together.

bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So despite 9 years of advancement in training philosophies and attitudes toward GPP, not to mention the overwhelming amount of info on interval training and powerlifting, you decide to bump this thread because you found it helpful?
    Excuses are just tools of incompetence
    Used to build monuments of nothingness
    And those who specialize in the uses
    Seldom achieve anything

ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ieclifton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm not affiliated with anyone, WTF?

Although I sense a condescending tone in your respone 'bigfor15', I will take your reply as constructive criticism and thank you for your help. Perhaps you could refer me to a thread that is younger (and elledgely better) regarding interval training/HIIT. Something I could perhaps incorporate into a Madcow 5x5 routine.

Thanks in advance.

bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not affiliated with anyone, WTF?

Although I sense a condescending tone in your respone 'bigfor15', I will take your reply as constructive criticism and thank you for your help. Perhaps you could refer me to a thread that is younger (and elledgely better) regarding interval training/HIIT. Something I could perhaps incorporate into a Madcow 5x5 routine.

Thanks in advance.
    Type HIIT in the search bar and select sort by date in the options box.
    Excuses are just tools of incompetence
    Used to build monuments of nothingness
    And those who specialize in the uses
    Seldom achieve anything

Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by bigfor15 View Post
    Type HIIT in the search bar and select sort by date in the options box.
    LOL, best reply ever.