Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    Does the fact that I believed the bullshit of "compounds only", "rows and pull ups are all the stimulation you need for your biceps" bla bla bla for years, and never had good bicep growth, until I said to hell with that, and finally started devoting some time to various forms of curls, and saw more growth in the last 6 months, than I had in the 2 years before that?

I mean...just for starters.
    Thats great, and like I said in my original post, they can be a great lift in moderation. What I am arguing against is not bicep curls, but the guys who have a "bicep day" or the like in their splits.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lanolar View Post
    I have to admit I chuckle at guys who spend so much time on arms vs real lifts. I see guy who will spend an hour on arms. I see some who spend 2 hours on arms on some days! My god.....

For the record, on pull days I do MAX 3-4 sets on curls. On push days, I do ZERO work on triceps. I do a lot of dip work and my triceps get tortured from them as it is.
    Okay...are you saying you have great arms? I mean you didn't even say that. You just sadi you don't work your arms. Now if you are going to claim your arms are great, with no avi, and a workout devoid of arm attention, I think we're going to need to see a pic.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

----don't be THAT guy---- two choices's Avatar
    two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Greco View Post
    Now that we seem to have most of the useless posts out of the way, would anyone like to defend bicep curls? Tell me why you do them so much, not just, "I do them and I have bigger arms than you so...ya."
    but i think you're missing everyone's point. they aren't saying that you're wrong necessarily, but just that what works for you doesn't work for other people. so far in this thread i've read that back work hits bis fine and back work doesn't hit bis enough and so they should be isolated. both are valid, not because books espouse those ideas, but because they work for whoever posted them.

aside from very basic fundamentals, the argument always goes to "whatever works for you" and because of this, people are tossing your argument aside because of your age. they think that because you're only 16, that you don't have enough experience to know what works for you, and your "book learning" doesn't directly apply to everyone.

when it comes to lifting, there will always be different ways that people train. that's just the way it is.
    STATS:
    bench-(insert e-stat)
    squat-(insert e-stat)
    dead-(insert e-stat)

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thats great, and like I said in my original post, they can be a great lift in moderation. What I am arguing against is not bicep curls, but the guys who have a "bicep day" or the like in their splits.
    Does that fact that half of my workout, two days a week, is devoted to bis/tris, while the other half of those same days are chest/back (which apparently provide great stimulation for those muscles as well), make it any worse?
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Where is it your place to argue or criticize what other people do?

Look, all joking and sarcasm aside. I can see from your post count you don't spend a lot of time on the forum. That's probably a good thing, as many of us waste far too much time on this dump. If you were around more, though, you might better understand why these types of threads really annoy the regulars around here. They come off as preachy, condescending, and are usually from people who haven't been lifting long enough to be giving advice to others. You might think your age doesn't matter - which, ironically, is a typical sentiment from people your age - it isn't appreciated by older, more experienced lifters. Worst of all, topics like this come up all the f'n time, so we get tired of seeing someone come along and start a thread as if they're the first person to ever have the idea.

Also, why should someone have to defend what they do - especially if it works? You need to get that kind of thinking out of your head. You seem like a smart kid, and I know you mean well, but if you continue along this path you are not going to be well-received in this section of the forum.
    Last edited by mjw8204; 03-04-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Originally Posted by two choices View Post
    but i think you're missing everyone's point. they aren't saying that you're wrong necessarily, but just that what works for you doesn't work for other people. so far in this thread i've read that back work hits bis fine and back work doesn't hit bis enough and so they should be isolated. both are valid, not because books espouse those ideas, but because they work for whoever posted them.

aside from very basic fundamentals, the argument always goes to "whatever works for you" and because of this, people are tossing your argument aside because of your age. they think that because you're only 16, that you don't have enough experience to know what works for you, and your "book learning" doesn't directly apply to everyone.

when it comes to lifting, there will always be different ways that people train. that's just the way it is.
    Actually the argument is being tossed aside, is because it is one of the common parrot subjects (I know, I used to parrot the same bullshit, until I wisened up). Compounds for the back, when done with proper form and mmc to target the back, (way, way more often than not) do not provide enough stimulation for the arms to illicit any real growth, outside of newbie gains.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mjw8204 View Post

Look, all joking and sarcasm aside. I can see from your post count you don't spend a lot of time on the forum. That's probably a good thing, as many of us waste far too much time on this dump. If you were around more, though, you might better understand why these types of threads really annoy the regulars around here. They come off as preachy, condescending, and are usually from people who haven't been lifting long enough to be giving advice to others. Worst of all, topics like this come up all the f'n time, so we get tired of seeing someone come along and start a thread as if they're the first person to ever have the idea.

Also, why should someone have to defend what they do - especially if it works? You need to get that kind of thinking of your head. You seem like a smart kid, and I know you mean well, but if you continue along this path you are not going to be well-received in this section of the forum.
    I think it's too late already.

lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    BRB, standing over other people at my gym with a stopwatch and notepad to report on what they do and for how long.
    Well its not too hard to see a guy come in and start doing curls, then as I am leaving I look over and wow, he is doing.. curls!

All the defensive curlmonkeys in here, its priceless!
    Eat right, exercise, lift weights, get 8 hours of sleep.

Well its not too hard to see a guy come in and start doing curls, then as I am leaving I look over and wow, he is doing.. curls!

Still waiting on pictures of your amazing arms.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sorry, I haven't read anything in a book about you adding size to your arms, so I'm afraid it never really happened.
    ^^^This.

Anyways, 30 total sets a week just for biceps? Dang, son. I'm toast after 12 sets no matter what. If goin with moderate weight then I'm done after 9. Whatever floats your boat though. Also depends on the proportions you want, but if you're doin 30 sets a week for biceps, that might mean needin to do 38-42 or so for back. (unless your biceps just respond to higher volume than the rest of your body for some reason, which is possible)

Actually the argument is being tossed aside, is because it is one of the common parrot subjects (I know, I used to parrot the same bullshit, until I wisened up). Compounds for the back, when done with proper form and mmc to target the back, (way, way more often than not) do not provide enough stimulation for the arms to illicit any real growth, outside of newbie gains.
    Yeah, mind to muscle connection is important, like you said. I see some guys get big biceps just from training back...but most of them have small backs cus they got the biceps from lettin them do all the work instead of doin the work with the back muscles. Very few people I've seen can get big arms solely from proper chest and back training. They usually got freakish arm genetics. Folks like Phil Heath and Brandon Curry, lol.
    Last edited by stealth_swimmer; 03-04-2009 at 02:21 PM.

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

What's really priceless are people creating threads like this who criticize those using bicep curls as a means of developing biceps on a body building site.

Oh the irony!

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So because someone does not care to be preached at and points this out, they are a defensive curlmonkey. I'm afraid I don't follow your logic. I would expect that sort of rationale from a 16 year old, but it disappoints me coming from you.

Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greco will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Look, all joking and sarcasm aside. I can see from your post count you don't spend a lot of time on the forum. That's probably a good thing, as many of us waste far too much time on this dump. If you were around more, though, you might better understand why these types of threads really annoy the regulars around here. They come off as preachy, condescending, and are usually from people who haven't been lifting long enough to be giving advice to others. You might think your age doesn't matter - which, ironically, is a typical sentiment from people your age - it isn't appreciated by older, more experienced lifters. Worst of all, topics like this come up all the f'n time, so we get tired of seeing someone come along and start a thread as if they're the first person to ever have the idea.

Also, why should someone have to defend what they do - especially if it works? You need to get that kind of thinking of your head. You seem like a smart kid, and I know you mean well, but if you continue along this path you are not going to be well-received in this section of the forum.

Thank you for the serious post, I appreciate it (not kidding). This thread was supposed to be targeting people who are newer to lifting and would benefit from the info. It seems that half of my more recent posts on the forums are correcting the workout plans of new lifters because of something like a bicep day. I figured I'd post my argument about it and send people here if they wanted to know more. I'm aware that many experienced lifters use lifts like bicep curls in very effective ways, and if someone reading this is one of those lifters, than there is no need to read this is the first place.

lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Okay...are you saying you have great arms? I mean you didn't even say that. You just sadi you don't work your arms. Now if you are going to claim your arms are great, with no avi, and a workout devoid of arm attention, I think we're going to need to see a pic.
    ROFLMAO I do BJJ and lift for power. Not to be a BB or to go to the beach to try and impress woman. I am not nearly so narcissistic that I feel the need to post a pic of my arms of all things.

And for the record, if it works for you guys, by all means go for it. What I am saying is I see results from what I do and that I DO see guys who do WAY too much arm work and see very little results over the time I have seen them in the gym.

No need to get your undies in a bunch~

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Thix doesn'x applox tox everyonex, bux ix seexs thax thex generax consensux ix thax thex biceptz0rz arx x veryx importaxt majox musclex groux thax neex tox hax severax lixs dedicatex tox thex. Somex evex hax ax entirex dax ox thex splix dedicatex tox biceptz0rz. Ix understaX thaX everyoneX wanx tox teax thex x-shix sleevex whex thex flex (no need here, LAWLZ!), bux ix thix reallx thex bex wax ox goix abox ix? Thex followix axe ax fex reasox thax X belix wex allox neex tox cux dowx ox thex curxs ax gex bax tox exercisex thax involx ax bax ovex ox hex.

1.Pux ux (ax othex compox lix) ax jux ax mux x biceptz0rz lix ax thex axe ax lax lix. Hax yox evex thoughx abox whyx chix ux axe easiex thax pux ux? Thex realix ix thax box movemex axe similax ix difficulx fox thex lax, bux pux ux axe mux haxder ox thex biceptz0rz. Thix meax thax ix nox youx lax failix ax thex ex ox x sex (LAWLZ!11!), ix youx biceptz0rz.

Thex xxxxxxx I'xe mentionex hex alsox applox tox severox othex isolatiox exercisex, biceptz0rz curx axe simplix thex bex exampox.

X shoux alsox mentiox thax I'x nox tryix tox sax everyonex neex tox stox dox biceptz0rz xxxx ax togethex, thex cax bex x grex lix ix moderatiox. Mx pox ix thax thex axe toox max peox dedicatix toox mux ox thex workox tox biceptz0rz whex thex cox bex dox othex lix thax woux bex mux mox usefux.

X wix updax thix pox ax X fix mox ox thex reseax thax X'vex bax thix ox ox.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

REXXED!
    Here Lies the Rant
    2005 - 2015

Negs from 1938-1945

-lenco

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Lencho View Post
    I couldn't have said it better myself!

REXXED!
    LMAO

All win Lencho!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So because someone does not care to be preached at and points this out, they are a defensive curlmonkey. I'm afraid I don't follow your logic. I would expect that sort of rationale from a 16 year old, but it disappoints me coming from you.
    Seriously man, I said that in half jest. I figured it was obvious but I can see how sarcasm does not transfer well in text. You guys are taking me WAY WAY too serious. I refer to my post right above this as far as how I feel on the subject. I thought this whole thread was half in jest~

ROFLMAO I do BJJ and lift for power. Not to be a BB or to go to the beach to try and impress woman. I am not nearly so narcissistic that I feel the need to post a pic of my arms of all things.

And for the record, if it works for you guys, by all means go for it. What I am saying is I see results from what I do and that I DO see guys who do WAY too much arm work and see very little results over the time I have seen them in the gym.

No need to get your undies in a bunch~
    So.......you don't have good arms then?
    I'm still confused as to the point of your posts about what you do to provide stimulation for your arms.

For the record, my panties aren't in a bunch. I know exactly why I do the exercises I do.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    but the guys who have a "bicep day" or the like in their splits.
    I have such a day in my split, don't see it being an issue.
    Witness the Final Days of My Sanity: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144537581

Originally Posted by SquatTilYouDrop View Post
    What's really priceless are people creating threads like this who criticize those using bicep curls as a means of developing biceps on a body building site.

Oh the irony!
    When did I say to stop doing bicep curls, or that they are a bad lift? Read all the way through my original post and it should become clear that I'm just using them as an example for my argument against people who spend too much time isolating their arms and not enough on their backs/chests.

Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Like whoa...

Whoa...

Whoa...

Like whoa...

So.......you don't have good arms then?
    I'm still confused as to the point of your posts about what you do to provide stimulation for your arms.

For the record, my panties aren't in a bunch. I know exactly why I do the exercises I do.
    My arms like everything else are a work in progress. I get plenty of results from doing a lot of pull ups,dips,standing press, etc along with my oly and power lifts vs a ton of curls work. A see a lot of guys who do way too much curl work and NOT enough "real lifts" and never go heavy enough when they do those lifts also.

That was simply my point. Anyway, arguing endlessly over something you to be upset over is not what trips my trigger. As I said I was half in jest. I'll dip out of the thread with saying you have a good night, have good workouts, and I wish you good health.

When did I say to stop doing bicep curls, or that they are a bad lift? Read all the way through my original post and it should become clear that I'm just using them as an example for my argument against people who spend too much time isolating their arms and not enough on their backs/chests.
    I read your entire post. Typical parrot!!!

Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Current Bi Routine:

Standing DB Curls 10 x 20
    Hammer DB Curls 10 x 20
    Concentration Curls 10 x 10
    "Superman" Cable Curls 10 x 10
    Preacher Curls 10 x 10
    Seated Inclined Curls 10 x 8
    Spider Curls 10 x 10
    Bungy Cord Curls 10 x 10

I borrowed this routine from Cloudsurfer, it seems to work well.
    Witness the Final Days of My Sanity: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144537581

isolating their arms and not enough on their backs/chests.
    Or, you could attack both. My chest/back are fine and I still throw down on arm day.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sucky suckiness has sucked.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

microsize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) microsize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) microsize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) microsize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) microsize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) microsize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) microsize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) microsize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) microsize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) microsize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) microsize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Be nice.

OP, in all honesty, that is a pretty dumb question. Also, you'll most probably experience that no direct arm work will hurt your gains over time. It certainly did for me, but you might be lucky.

Also, read, try, post. Always. Never read, believe everything you read, post.

Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by microsize View Post
    Be nice.

OP, in all honesty, that is a pretty dumb question. Also, you'll most probably experience that no direct arm work will hurt your gains over time. It certainly did for me, but you might be lucky.

Also, read, try, post. Always. Never read, believe everything you read, post.
    Most informative post in the thread
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE SMALL

"tofurkey? tof*ck yourself" ~ W8

Check out my journal (currently on hold): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7096271

ybarrama is on a distinguished road. (+10) ybarrama is on a distinguished road. (+10) ybarrama is on a distinguished road. (+10) ybarrama is on a distinguished road. (+10) ybarrama is on a distinguished road. (+10) ybarrama is on a distinguished road. (+10) ybarrama is on a distinguished road. (+10) ybarrama is on a distinguished road. (+10) ybarrama is on a distinguished road. (+10) ybarrama is on a distinguished road. (+10) ybarrama is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You really don't need to do much bi work to maintain your size, but definitely need direct isolation of the bicep to really break down the muscle in order for it to grow.

THE HEAVY IRON SQUAD,CUZZ ygbodybuilder10's Avatar
    ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This doesn't apply to everyone, but it seems that the general consensus is that the biceps are a very important major muscle group that need to have several lifts dedicated to them. Some even have an entire day of their split dedicated to biceps. I understand that everyone wants to tear their t-shirt sleeves when they flex, but is this really the best way of going about it? The following are a few reasons that I believe we all need to cut down on the curls and get back to exercises that involve a bar over our heads.

1.Pull ups (and other compound lifts) are just as much a bicep lift as they are a lat lift. Have you ever thought about why chin ups are easier than pull ups? The reality is that both movements are similar in difficulty for the lats, but pull ups are much harder on the biceps. This means that its not your lats failing at the end of a set, it's your biceps.

2. Your body is going to resist the growth. I'm working on finding the book I read this in, but the idea is that our bodies naturally use our muscles in coordination with each other. This means that our bodies have to keep the relative strengths of the different muscles even, so if you train your biceps out of proportion to your lats your body will recognize that the biceps are becoming biomechanically inefficient and resist their growth.

3. Your lats are not going to fail before your biceps. Some may say, "I would do pull ups, but I'm too worn out, so I'll do bicep curls instead." How would you ever tire out your upper back before tiring out your biceps? If you can do curls, you can do pull ups.

The points I've mentioned here also apply to several other isolation exercises, bicep curls are simply the best example.

I should also mention that I'm not trying to say everyone needs to stop doing bicep curls all together, they can be a great lift in moderation. My point is that there are too many people dedicating too much of their workouts to biceps when they could be doing other lifts that would be much more useful.

I will update this post as I find more of the research that I've based this off of.

well i do alot of sets for biceps because that what makes mine grow

for example, for all my next workouts, i'm doing 20 sets for each body part from small to large