HulkyNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) HulkyNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) HulkyNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) HulkyNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) HulkyNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) HulkyNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) HulkyNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) HulkyNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) HulkyNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) HulkyNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10) HulkyNoob is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sprinting questions

Hey, so I want to improve in sprinting while building some muscle, and improving strength. I will be doing a linear progression program in weightlifting that has two lighter days, and once max effort and two days of sprinting. (and some LISS a few times a week for good conditioning but that shouldn't matter seeing as LISS won't effect my performance on other stuff)

I have 2 questions:
    1. Today I sprinted 60m and my teacher told me that I have a pretty bad technique, while I sprint fairly fast, my technique is pretty bad. He said something about me have somewhat weird mechanics, because it looks like I literally toss my body parts (legs and arms) when I sprint to weird directions, and that I don't sprint in a straight line.
    So how can I improve my technique? I have no one to coach me, nor a coach in my area, and I need to learn it by myself. I know a good video on YouTube (it's called "how to sprint PT II") that has some drills will it be enough? And how can I tell by myself if my form is good?

2. I was thinking of starting 170m uphill sprints, do it 2 times a week for a while, and basically decrease my rest time between each lap, increase total amount of sprints I can do, and decrease my time in that specific distance, each workout will be intense and last 20-30 minutes. I want to do it to basically condition my body for sprinting before starting to do explosive, short sprints, this is so later on the quality of speed workouts will better.
    Not to mention that I also need to have a good strength base first, at least I read so, and right now my strength isn't very good.
    What do you think?

Thanks in advance.
    Follow my log at: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129192371

kyle13613 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HulkyNoob View Post
    Hey, so I want to improve in sprinting while building some muscle, and improving strength. I will be doing a linear progression program in weightlifting that has two lighter days, and once max effort and two days of sprinting. (and some LISS a few times a week for good conditioning but that shouldn't matter seeing as LISS won't effect my performance on other stuff)

I have 2 questions:
    1. Today I sprinted 60m and my teacher told me that I have a pretty bad technique, while I sprint fairly fast, my technique is pretty bad. He said something about me have somewhat weird mechanics, because it looks like I literally toss my body parts (legs and arms) when I sprint to weird directions, and that I don't sprint in a straight line.
    So how can I improve my technique? I have no one to coach me, nor a coach in my area, and I need to learn it by myself. I know a good video on YouTube (it's called "how to sprint PT II") that has some drills will it be enough? And how can I tell by myself if my form is good?

2. I was thinking of starting 170m uphill sprints, do it 2 times a week for a while, and basically decrease my rest time between each lap, increase total amount of sprints I can do, and decrease my time in that specific distance, each workout will be intense and last 20-30 minutes. I want to do it to basically condition my body for sprinting before starting to do explosive, short sprints, this is so later on the quality of speed workouts will better.
    Not to mention that I also need to have a good strength base first, at least I read so, and right now my strength isn't very good.
    What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

for technique get video's of yourself and post them so they can be critiqued. for lifting get on mark ripptoe's starting strength.

DoubleDee12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well if your teacher said that you arent running in a straight line then one way you can help that is by simply going to a track and doing your short sprint work on the lane line..... not in the lane but ON the line. With that being said when warming up and when your doing... lets say you are doing lunges you want to attempt to have your front leg directly in front on your back. This will help balance and coordination.