Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The importance of working out legs?

I just started weight lifting but I have not been working out my legs at all, I have read that they are very important for building up the rest of the body but i am not sure why this is.

Any help on this topic is appreciated.
    http://www.sorbor.com/blog - My Blog
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114556191 - Workout log

The unexamined life is not worth living
    -Socrates

BBDC's Sarcastic @sshole Gelroy's Avatar
    Gelroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gelroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gelroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gelroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gelroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gelroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gelroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gelroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gelroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gelroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gelroy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    when you workout a muscle group exercise stressor (the actual work you do) releases testosterone and that along with insulin are the main badasses for muscle hypertrophy (building that **** up) so working out a huge muscle groups (like legs for example) releases very large amounts of test. therefore more test for your whole body and walaaaa.... more muscle everywhere...

credit: HESC310 Pre-clinical Anatomy and Physiology... Dr. Lees <33 <--- mah man
    "I believe in luck, and the harder I work the more of it I have seem to have."

pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    legs are the foundation of your body, Good foundation(legs), Good body.

SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50) SorBor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    okay that makes sense, i guess i will have to start working out legs

gonna have to switch to a 5 day split routine

-Socrates

BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000)
    you can get a big upper body w/out working legs.

the point of working legs believe it or not is to get big LEGS. who would have thought.

this is bbing.com, legs are important as the beach muscles.

tonksie93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonksie93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonksie93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonksie93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonksie93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonksie93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonksie93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonksie93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonksie93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonksie93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tonksie93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I love working my legs.

I drop vagina panties. Wintermule's Avatar
    Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000) Wintermule is just really nice. (+1000)
    Because we're ****ing bodybuilders, not weekend warriors. If you're too much of a pussy to do some squats, then that's one less competitor I have to bother with.
    I rep back 1,000+.

o me so strong..

Workout Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108859061

**EHUDD IS MY E-HUS** (no homo)

Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000)
    also ur body will look weird with ur legs being skinny as hell and ur upper body big looking like ur ready to tip over.
    I rep back/neg back(might be on recharge/spread)
    aspiring bodybuilder.
    If you got any questions shoot me a pm.

You need to breathe bodybuilding you need to eat, sleep, see, bleed bodybuilding you need to be addicted to bodybuilding like an addict if you plan on gaining any actual size

"The world is yours"

DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    think about the percentage of your bodyweight that your legs make up.. they are MOST of it! working legs will develop EVERYTHING! but think what you want..

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Gelroy View Post
    when you workout a muscle group exercise stressor (the actual work you do) releases testosterone and that along with insulin are the main badasses for muscle hypertrophy (building that **** up) so working out a huge muscle groups (like legs for example) releases very large amounts of test. therefore more test for your whole body and walaaaa.... more muscle everywhere...

credit: HESC310 Pre-clinical Anatomy and Physiology... Dr. Lees <33 <--- mah man
    ^^he is right working legs release more testosterone thus helping in the growth of all ur muscles..plus do u want chicken legs?
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"-Henry Ford

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Wintermule View Post
    Because we're ****ing bodybuilders, not weekend warriors. If you're too much of a pussy to do some squats, then that's one less competitor I have to bother with.
    and well couldnt of said it better myself
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"-Henry Ford

SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000) SteezyChr is just really nice. (+1000)
    there fun, umm chicken legs and big upper body looks funny. Iv heard test thing too, but idk if theres truth to it.
    "Hell is not a place you go if you're not a Christian, it's the failure of your life's greatest ambitions"
    "Is it progression if a cannibal uses a fork?"
    -------------
    <^Not into girls who are into B*BC cRew^>
    <^Politics & Religion are Dumb as FUUU cRew^>
    <^Don't care about girls, but still get approached by 8's cRew^>
    <^Ppl commenting on you taking a break from the gym, yet they've never picked up a weight cRew^>

FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100) FootBallBeast is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by SteezyChr View Post
    there fun, umm chicken legs and big upper body looks funny. Iv heard test thing too, but idk if theres truth to it.
    It's teh bro science. Test increases are very minimal and for a very short period of time. If you wanna have a ridiculously unproportional body, go ahead and don't work your legs.

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've often heard from numerous females that (even though the majority like skinny lean guys) when a guy has a big upper body and then chicken legs they found it to be a huge turn off. This is assuming you began to workout to attract more females, like many guys begin.

OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Working legs doesn't build everything else up. It just builds up legs. It doesn't release any significant amount if testosterone.

The only reason I see to do legs BESIDES actually wanting big legs is this:

Say you can only put on a solid 2 pounds of muscle a month. Well about half of that will be your legs. If you don't do legs then it's only 1 pound of muscle a month while the excess will be fat. So working legs can help in not adding as much fat.

-B- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -B- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -B- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -B- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -B- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -B- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -B- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -B- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -B- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -B- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -B- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by OoFaP View Post
    Working legs doesn't build everything else up. It just builds up legs. It doesn't release any significant amount if testosterone.

exactly. Lol at people thinking it releases enough extra test to really make a difference.

Work your legs to get bigger legs. People are always just looking for reason to think they re better then others and think that working legs makes you better then someone who doesnt.

Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deathhawk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Gelroy View Post

Well-said. And also huge legs just look awesome. I big upper body with no legs to match it is pathetic.

Originally Posted by -B- View Post
    exactly. Lol at people thinking it releases enough extra test to really make a difference.

Work your legs to get bigger legs. People are always just looking for reason to think they re better then others and think that working legs makes you better then someone who doesnt.
    About half the **** I've read supports what you're saying and the other half would suggest otherwise. IDK for sure.
    Last edited by Deathhawk; 03-04-2009 at 03:17 PM.
    This account now only serves as an archive.

yeah i guess you goes are right, it would be somewhta unpropotional.

-Socrates

TheDude88 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDude88 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDude88 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDude88 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDude88 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDude88 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDude88 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDude88 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDude88 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDude88 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDude88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i look like a lightbulb unfortunately

erutter11 is just really nice. (+1000) erutter11 is just really nice. (+1000) erutter11 is just really nice. (+1000) erutter11 is just really nice. (+1000) erutter11 is just really nice. (+1000) erutter11 is just really nice. (+1000) erutter11 is just really nice. (+1000) erutter11 is just really nice. (+1000) erutter11 is just really nice. (+1000) erutter11 is just really nice. (+1000) erutter11 is just really nice. (+1000)

You can tell a lot about someone's character by if they work legs or not.
    *RIP Frvrmuscle*

ak_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ak_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ak_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ak_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ak_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ak_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ak_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ak_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ak_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ak_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ak_11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your legs are your base, and are used in practically everything.. .Also release testo. and you will avoid chicken legs.
    My Training Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114693691

"DO IT BIG"

mofos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mofos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mofos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mofos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mofos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mofos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mofos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mofos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mofos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mofos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mofos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    think about it... your legs are half your body, probally almost at least 60% of your body weight too, thats the biggest muscle ever, why not do it? It releases almost 3 times more testo into your body, you want a big chest? you want the wings? do legs

insidiuos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insidiuos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insidiuos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insidiuos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been a firm believer in doing legs from outset for various different reasons, not more so than I actually enjoy it!

Having seen the science behind the increase in testosterone would anyone say that doing your legs day should come midweek (say between chest and shoulders day) or does it not matter?

dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000)
    legs are my favorite bodypart
    I rep back 5k+, just say 5k+

reps for life: Vai , Cgrimaldo

Registered User BulgariaFitness's Avatar
    BulgariaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulgariaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulgariaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulgariaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulgariaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulgariaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulgariaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulgariaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulgariaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulgariaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulgariaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    its the foundation of the body
    its 1/2 of your bodyweight
    it look good, to have those sexy muscled legs in those jeans
    and its kinda funny to have a huge upp?rbody and chicken legs,,imagine..
    Stay Fit : )

Ten to Twelve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ten to Twelve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ten to Twelve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ten to Twelve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ten to Twelve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ten to Twelve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ten to Twelve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ten to Twelve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ten to Twelve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ten to Twelve is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ten to Twelve is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by OoFaP View Post
    You guys ever think about doing research?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum

Jam-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jam-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jam-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jam-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jam-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jam-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jam-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jam-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jam-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jam-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jam-man is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Big legs are just nice to have. Chicken legs should be avoided at all costs.

BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000)
    Balanced physique and true strength

OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ten to Twelve View Post
    You guys ever think about doing research?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum
    We didn't say it doesn't release testosterone. We said the amount it releases is so small it isn't noticeable anyway....which is true.

eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i automatically respect people more if they have big legs.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112551481

that is why im red, read before u call me out on it.