zoemorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zoemorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zoemorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zoemorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zoemorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zoemorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Whey Protein - Where is it manufactured?

Weird question that I'm too busy today to go a-googling and wondered if some of you knowledgeable peeps might have already read somewhere.

I work in IT within the Dairy industry (in the U.S. and no i dont make computerized teet suckers or anything like that) - and this year is rough for dairy producers (farmers) due to farm costs and a weak raw milk price (which i'm not sure has translated to cheaper retail milk yet) - anyway i wondered as to what the fitness/bodybuilding whey consumption does for the dairy industry and realized that it all depends on if the whey is actually coming from America producers or not.
    So with that wondering comes the question - is most whey and BCAA's etc imported or domestic? i'm not trying to condemn either way, just wondering if our protein consumption impacts the US Dairy industry in a positive way or not.
    thanks

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    most is imported from what I know from places like New Zealand and China.
    - NOTICE: Not all posts represent my own opinion. I enjoy playing devil's advocate.

Guai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Guai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Guai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Guai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Guai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Guai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Guai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Guai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Guai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Guai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Guai will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I remember reading somewhere that the grand majority comes from New Zealand, although I could be wrong. I do remember whey being MUCH cheaper a couple of years ago, and then the prices sky-rocketed. This could have been due to transport surcharge due to the high oil prices.
    I love beer too much.

"Isn't fructose a High corn syrup?

or something.

Is not good for you :)" -ORganiX

pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pbxtechguru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    New Zealand, good clean environment there.

Keith Hackney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Hackney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Hackney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Hackney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Hackney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Hackney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Hackney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Hackney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Hackney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Hackney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Hackney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm sure my ON stuff says it's made in the USA, but that doesn't necessarily mean the raw ingredients come from there.

I dunno.... It's a byproduct of cheese and butter production isn't it? So I'm guessing the french would have a big surplus.

187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 187TKD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ON is owned by these guys

http://www.glanbia.com/nutritionals

zoemorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zoemorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zoemorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zoemorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zoemorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zoemorn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    cool, thanks for your replies. I had also read on a online store of a bulk protein maker that most of their materials came from China and they continued to do apologetics for why that is acceptable (again i personally am not trying to comment either way just was wondering).

Like you guys state, even if a whey maker says its made in the usa, fair chance the raw stuff was imported.

thanks again, since i'm in the U.S. i'd like to see more products being made here (especially now) but also understand why businesses import.