Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Official Belt and Wraps Thread

This thread is to review various types of supportive gear other than suits and shirts. If you do not any of it, do not bash it. This is for those who use equipment, or would like to start using it, to provide and receive information. Please review gear in a clear and concise manner. This thread can be one of the best in terms of answering questions that frequently arise, and you never know when you might need a new gear yourself.

Example of good reviews:

One thing I would really like to see is people rating the gear for Novice, Intermediate, or Advance lifters. Some of us who have only used basic/old wraps or never used any at all might accidentally amputate a leg with a top of the line uber-wrap used improperly.

Warning:

Do not start a raw vs. gear debate.
    Do not spam this thread.

The gear threads will probably be the most heavily moderated threads on bb.com, and if you screw one of them up by failing to observe painfully simple rules, you will be banned so thoroughly it wipes out your ability to post on another board somewhere else.

An example of what types of shirts are allowed in each federation can be found here.

PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Equipment:12mm APT 2 Prong Belt
    Brand: APT??
    Link: http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/87172
    Rating: 9

This was my first proper powerlifting belt. The first few times using it, it was quite stiff and a bit painful, but since breaking it in, i really like this belt
    It is 12mm thick, there is no comparison to my flimsy, old tapered belt, it is perfect for pushing your abs out against for a big squat, and i have always felt 100% confidence in the support it gives me
    i also use this belt for deadlifts, and it may be a bit thick and bulky, but all round, it is an excellent belt

(PS it is made from maroon suede, you will look , and feel, like a pimp )
    Last edited by PumpinPaddy; 03-03-2009 at 03:00 AM.
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110608191

"But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle ? victorious" - Vince Lombardi

Registered User PatriotStrength's Avatar
    PatriotStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatriotStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatriotStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatriotStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatriotStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatriotStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatriotStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatriotStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatriotStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatriotStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatriotStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Equipment: Inzer Lever Belt
    Brand: Inzer
    Link: www.inzernet.com
    Rating: 1 for Inzer service/10 for the belt

I received my lever belt for valentines from my girlfriend, and it took FOREVER to get here. She ordered it the month before valentines and I got it the week after V-day. Additionally when they sent the belt they forgot my lever. Oh well.

The belt itself is THICK like a spare tire, and I haven't broken it in yet, but the lever is nice. I find the screws a plus, since you know it won't come undone. The lever mechanism is easy to put on but a PAIN to take off the first few times.

Overall, the belt is great for squatting, but pinches my fat when I deadlift (sad).

The uniform length all around lends itself the powerlifting look, in addition to the added support I get from pushing against the non-taper front.

Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Inzer 13mm Lever

Equipment: Inzer Lever Belt
    Rating: 10 for the belt

I received my belt so long ago I do not remember how long it took, but it was long enough ago that Inzer did not have an online service, and I instead ordered via telephone courtesy of their ad in PLUSA.

This is a statement about the durability of the belt. I have had a 13mm lever since they first came out. I am still using the same one. I have oiled the metal pieces from time to time, as well as used some oil to keep the leather from cracking, but never anything extreme.

I find that the lever function makes it much easier to put on and take off the belt. As has been stated, putting it on the first few times is a pain, and you need to be careful not to really pinch yourself.

Use: Squatting, I get enough support from the belt that it adds to my lift. Not sure exactly how much is a mechanical advantage, and how much is mental, but it has an effect. As I tend to lean a bit when squatting due to a short torso, I am able to maintain a more upright position when squatting, which is easier on my lower back.

Deadlifting: Cannot wear it. I have a high waist and a short torso. The belt is simply to big for me to pull effectively with. And by this I mean that when squatting, it is actually compressing my floating ribs, but that is fine as I stay more upright. When deadlifting, as I bend at the waist far more, the compression is severe enough that I actually cracked a rib the one time I was determined that no matter what, I would max with the belt on. So I do not wear a belt any more when deadlifting.

killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) killerj96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Equipment: Inzer iron wrist wraps z
    Rating: 10 for the wraps

my wrist were hurting so bad from doing stuff that involved my wrists then i got these and i love them. tons of support on the wrists
    Bench: 245x4; 185x15; 255(got 265 but my spotter had his fingertips on the bar so i count it as a miss)
    Board Press: 4 board; 315 for 2
    Squat: 425 raw
    Deadlift: 460 trap bar deadlift- 365 regular bar(attempted 405 couldve gotten it but got "distracted"
    Hang Clean: 225
    Standing Strict OHP: 135 for 6
    CoC#2: CLOSED

samsuperjew5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsuperjew5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsuperjew5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsuperjew5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsuperjew5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsuperjew5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsuperjew5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsuperjew5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsuperjew5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsuperjew5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsuperjew5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    equipment: apt pro gear single prong blue/black 10mm powerlifting belt
    brand: apt
    link:http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/124792
    rating: 9.5

The belt is awesome! I have a short torso and i think that the 13mm one would destroy me. The first time wearing it, it was sorta uncomfortable, but it broke in withen a month, and is now pretty comfortable to wear, while still providing alot of support. The hole spacing is the only problem for me, as i am currently between sizes, but i'm sure that will be cleared up as i grow. It provides much more support then the tapered ones that most gyms offer. It works very well with me for squats and deadlift. APT shipped this out to me withen 4 days, and always has promotions if you look.

APT Pro Strangulator Wrist Wraps

Equipment: APT Pro Strangulator Wrist Wraps 24"
    Brand: APT
    Link: http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/136204
    Rating: 10 for service, 10 for the wraps.
    My Experience level using wraps: Intermediate
    Suggested Experience level: Any (someone may disagree)

Fast shipping, here when they were supposed to be.

I give myself an intermediate ranking because these are the first pair of 24" wraps I have ever used, and only purchased them after I read about other people here talking them up. Otherwise I have used a bunch of various cheap, 12" wraps and a pair of Titan Red Devil wraps that lasted for years. These are my first 'top-end' wrap.

Use: Very happy with them. Like all wraps, I can adjust them when using. So when I need a modest level of stability, but still require some flexibility, such as when performing a power snatch, I can get a what I want out of them. When I am executing a 1RM pressing movement, I can tighten them all the way down, and the support is out of this world. The thumb loop is easy enough to remove, and does not bunch up prior to doing so like many cheaper wraps.

Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Knee Wraps

Video on how to wraps your knees various ways with pro's and cons. :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCfruLGBv-0

I just do a straight wrap up spiral no criss crossing myself as I mainly use the wraps to support my knee caps. Plus it's easy and less of a chance of screwing it up and having to start over. Which in a meet and you're wrapping while on deck you may not have that time. Gets the least amount of carry over though compared to the other wrap techniques.

Equipment: Knee Wraps
    Brand Inzer Iron-Z
    Rating (1-10): 3
    Length: 2m
    Link: http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?P...ID=WRAPS_IRONZ
    Didn't like them from the beginning and still don't. okay rebound, thick material hard to stretch yet I had a hard time making a loose wrap and got about as much rebound with a loose wrap as I do with the redlines.Just never impressed with them

Brand: APT ZRV-Pro
    Rating (1-10): 8
    Link: http://www.prowriststraps.com/knee_w...weight_lifting
    Great for Beginners.
    The most comfortable wrap I've used yet and get some great rebound out of them. I would suggest these to anyone starting out with wraps. Very easy to wrap loose and tight.

Brand: APT Mambas (blue/black same thing)
    Rating (1-10): 9
    Great for Beginners.
    A more comfortable wrap. Good support and rebound. Slightly thicker then the ZRV-Pro's and I think they have a strange weave being different on top then the bottom. Makes them very stretchy and more for rebound then stopping power. Good for someone new to wraps as well or someone using really strong gear and doesn't need any more stopping power and still wants a really good set of wraps to provide some rebound.

Brand: Inzer True Blacks
    Rating (1-10): 8-9
    Link:- http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?P...D=TrueBlkWraps
    Not a good beginners wrap.
    A little thicker material as iron-z but it is a softer material which can slip out of hands if you don't watch it. more comfortable then the iron-z amazingly and I can really crank them down to get some great rebound out of them. Makes for a tight wrap. Not as easy to wrap loosely, about the same as the Iron-Z's there.

Brand: APT Convicts
    Rating (1-10): 10
    NOT FOR THE NOVICE
    One of the best for rebound out of any of the wraps I've used besides the Hybrids. Extreme stopping power too. If I could get someone else to really crank down and tighten these suckers up more I bet they could give even more. VERY MUCH A CAST TYPE WRAP!!! Very stiff and very tight! NOT for someone starting out with wraps that is for sure. These are a very serious wrap that is extreme on everything they do including discomfort but well worth it. Plus the cost on these is amazingly cheap along with all the APT wraps.

Brand: APT Strangulators
    NOT FOR THE NOVICE
    Really good rebound on these as well. Not as stiff as the convicts but still makes a tight cast around the knees. Not to much to say about these as I wasn't as impressed with these as I was with the convicts and didn't use them to much. I'd rank them right there with the True Blacks.

Brand: APT Hybrids
    Rating (1-10): 10+++
    My favorite knee wraps yet hands down. Same as the wrist wraps in that they are softer then the convicts and stiffer then the strangulators. Makes them a little more comfortable then the convicts. Not as thick as the true blacks but still a much stronger wrap and get the most rebound out of any wrap with these. Can't really wrap these to loose but easier to get a somewhat looser wrap then the convicts. Last meet I started out with a slightly loose wrap and each attempt I cranked down more and more. Seem to stretch a little more then the convicts. Amazing support from these.
    Last edited by Jason2459; 03-03-2009 at 07:02 AM.
    My Training Journal: http://tinyurl.com/jasons-journal
    My Video Training Journal: www.youtube.com/user/jason24590
    08/17:245,185,275 02/18:345,275,380
    06/18:405;315,455
    goal: hit previous SBD #s again 524,364,562
    current meet PRs: ---/---/--- ---

What NorthStrong's sig. says

Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wrist Wraps

Equipment: Wrist Wraps
    Brand APT Convicts
    Length: 24"
    Link: http://www.prowriststraps.com/weight...erlifting_wrap
    Not for the Novice!
    Extreme Wrap!!! Very much a cast type of wrap. I didn't think I would like a cast type wrap for the wrist but these are now by far my favorite wrist wrap. I put these on and my hands are LOCKED into place. I love it. I haven't had a problem of losing feeling yet which I thought I would. Still my favorite for wrist wraps. I like the stiffness these provide.

Brand APT Hybrids
    A great mix between the convicts and the strangulators. Softer and more comfortable then the convicts but stiffer then the strangulators. Can't really get a good loose wrap with these either and makes for a good cast. I would say these are a second favorite right behind the convicts. Sometimes I still feel split between using the convicts and hybrids for the wrist wraps.

Brand APT Strangulators
    Not for the Novice!
    VERY STRONG wrap. Now these are easily a cast type wrap. Very close to the same as the convicts but the material doesn't seem as stiff but still a very strong tight wrap. They definitely deserve the name strangulator as I wrapped them as tight as I could to see how tight I could get them and I was able to get my hands turn literally turn a deep purple in under a minute. Again, probably not a wrap for the beginner.

Brand Inzer Iron-Z
    Rating (1-10): 9
    Link: http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?P...PS_IRON_WRISTZ
    Good for all levels
    Solid wrap that I've been happy with. I wouldn't say they are much of a cast type wrap but they can be cranked down tight! Used to use these all the time and thought I liked softer wraps until I tried the convict pros.
    Last edited by Jason2459; 03-03-2009 at 07:03 AM.

burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000)
    Knee wraps

Brand: APT Blue Power

The only wrap I've used as actual support equipment, so I can't compare or rate. Easy to use for a novice like me, and plenty of rebound. I got 10 kg out of these the first time I used them, which isn't bad with my little squat. I wrap them the same as Jason and I can't figure out how the guy in that video has as much material as he does, so I can't wrap them any other way. Maybe I'm just a sissy, or maybe this wrap is harder to stretch than others.

Brand: APT Phantom

I wear these very loose - so loose that they don't give me any rebound and I can keep them on for the whole workout, which is valuable when I'm training in my home gym in winter. They do essentially the same thing as knee sleeves I'd imagine, except for they're about half the price. I wouldn't bother with them as support equipment though, unless maybe if you're a teenage girl. The Blue Powers and probably any other APT wrap are much better.

This is a very relevant link for anyone wanting to buy an APT wrap: http://www.prowriststraps.com/wrap_use_chart

And Jason, "equipment" has one p.

Belts

Styles of belts I've used and thoughts:
    13mm -
    pros: nice and thick which makes it stiff and once broken in will form to the body making a nice custom fit. Best support you can get.
    Cons: nice and thick so breaking it in is not the most comfortable. Just wear t he belt and let it break in.

10mm -
    pros: Thinner and more pliable. Doesn't need a break in period before it starts to feel comfortable. Seems more comfortable on the deadlift for some. Also, seems to be more comfortable for those that are toothpicks.
    cons: Thinner and more pliable. Doesn't feel like it gives as much support as a 13mm. Doesn't get that custom form fitting feel as a 13mm.

Double Prong -
    pros: don't know any myself but belief is suppose to be that it gives better support against a prong break. Never heard of this happening though.
    cons: a real pain in the rear to get both prongs put in when trying to get tightened down and to get them back out

Single Prong -
    pros: easier to put one in and out. Best for those that change holes all the time between lighter and heavier sets or between different exercises like squat and deadlift.
    cons: not to many here. Not as easy as a lever belt. And supposedly more of a risk of a prong break.

Lever -
    pros: REALLY EASY!!! To tighten and untighten the belt.
    cons: Not as easily adjustable as a single prong to get it from one hole to another. Must use something to unscrew the lever and change positions. Some can use a coin I couldn't on mine as it was a phillips screw head. Also, there is a belief that it is to easy to come untightened (but really nothing should be near the lever while lifting that would cause that to happen)

Equippment: Belts
    Brand APT 13mm Single Prong
    Rating (1-10): 8 for the quality / 10+++ for the stiffness and support
    Link: http://www.prowriststraps.com/weight...t_workout_belt
    Very stiff 13mm belt and probably stiffer then the Inzer. Took the longest out of any other belt I've worn to break in. Since breaking in it feels great and still nice and stiff. The leather and suede is much rougher then any other belt I've had but don't really care about that. I use this belt now all the time when lifting unequipped (no squat suite or briefs). Best bang for the buck here. Probably not as high as quality leather as the Inzer but sure is a lot cheaper.

Brand Inzer 13mm Single Prong
    Rating (1-10): 10 all around
    Link: http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt....RBELT_BUCKLE13
    Great Belt. Took a bit to break in as it is a 13mm but wasn't to bad. Conformed to the body the best out of any 13mm Iv

Brand Titan 13mm?? Lever
    Rating (1-10): 9-10 all around
    Link http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/ or http://www.liftinglarge.com/index.as...TS&Category=18
    Thinnest and most pliable 13mm I've had so far. Almost like a 10mm but slightly thicker. I do really like this belt when wearing my squat suit and briefs. As I really can't tell the difference between it and the thicker 13mm APT belt I have when wearing the suite and briefs. The Lever is great because with the suite or briefs I found I used the same hole all the time so the lever comes in handy here.

Brand Inzer 13mm Double Prong
    Rating (1-10): -1 for the prongs and 10 for the belt leather
    Link: http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt....RBELT_BUCKLE13
    Pain in the ass and found no use for the double prong. Sent it back right away for a single prong.

Brand Bob's Belts 10mm single Prong
    Rating (1-10): 7 for the thickness and 10++++++++ for the quality
    Link: http://www.bobsbelts.com/belts.htm
    The Cadilac of the belt world. Can't really beet the quality here and is top of the line. You can customize the belts to your desires. Embroidering, different colors, and can get the unnique 8 pattern. It is the most expensive belt I've owned as well. If you can't tell I'm kind of biased towards the 13mm belts which is dissapointing here as this probably would have been the best belt I had ever owned.
    Last edited by Jason2459; 03-03-2009 at 07:03 AM.

jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    APT Double prong powerlifting belt
    rating:10/10
    comments:This belt is amazing.I myself got a 13 mm but 10 mm is available.It's extremely durable and I trust it will last me for years.

link:n/a
    We the type of crew, to get fresh just to sit in the living room.-Bill O'Reilly

Kuchi Kopi Alliance

weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Equipment: Belt

Brand: Inzer Forever 10mm belt: Single Prong

Rating: 8

Link: http://www.irongladiators.com/index....ent=buckle.cfm

Pros: Easy to break in, giving all round support. Multiple holes in belt so slight weight loss gain/loss is not an issue. Broken many prs with it and still provide decent support.

Cons: No obvious cons, but the support I get from it now is not as much as when I first bought it, about 8 months ago.

ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wish I could give some good input but it's been so long....back when I competed the choices were fairly slim....if I had to guess, my belt was from Inzer or Crain......served me well
    Do not fear the weights, let the weights fear you

kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kickinthepants is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    equipment: APT 10mm belt single prong
    Brand: APT
    Rating: 10/10

Awesome belt. Gives great support even when worn 2-3 holes loose. gives me the extra confidence in knowing i have a great belt on. Gives great support wehn squatting, and for deads it isnt bad either!

Equipment: wrist wraps
    Brand: APT solid black strangulators 12 inch
    rating 10/10

great support. enough said!

UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Brand Inzer Iron Wrap Z
    Length: 2m, I prefer the 2.5m though
    Link: http://www.houseofpain3.com/product-...145&tsccat=145
    Good Beginner's wrap. These were the wraps that I used when I first started powerlifting in high school. Good Rebound out of the bottom and fairly comfortable as far as knee wraps go.

Brand Titan Red Devil
    Rating (1-10): 7
    Link: http://www.liftinglarge.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=206 (Mine were black)
    Another good beginners wrap. Not as much pop as the Iron Wrap Z. Good for training and back up wraps

Brand: Metal All Blacks
    Length: 2.5m
    Link: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=300&pid=2187
    Not recommended for beginners or those who don't like tight wraps
    These are the tightest wraps I've ever worn. Even loose they cause a bit of pain (which is a good thing). These are tight, cast-like wraps that give good pop out of the hole. When I have them cranked for my third attempt, it feels like my feet are going numb.

Brand Inzer Iron Wrap Z
    Rating (1-10): 7
    Length: 20"
    Link: http://www.houseofpain3.com/product-...145&tsccat=145
    Excellent Beginner's and training wrap
    Again, these were the first wraps I ever used. Very tight solid wrap, but I did have an issue with the thumbloop and velcro and had to re-sew both back. They are solid wraps and are still in my bag as my back up wraps to this day (I've had them since '98)

Brand Metal All Blacks
    Length: 80cm (~32")
    Link: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=300&pid=2185
    A very tight, cast like wrap. I only give it an 8 because I have the old style all blacks, which aren't as stiff as the "new and improved" ones. They are still very good wraps, but they're not as stiff as I'd like them to be.

Equipment: Belt
    Brand: Inzer 13mm Lever
    Link:http://www.houseofpain3.com/product-...145&tsccat=145
    Excellent Belt. It has a ton of support and I feel much more secure compared to wearing a 10mm. The adjustability is defintely a factor and I have gone to using a second, different belt for bench, as having the belt as tight as I need it for bench makes the belt much too tight for squatting will all my gear on.
    http://www.thewarehousegym.net/ - PL/SM gym on the South Side of Houston owned by Dr. Zach McVey

Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    QUESTION

I am wanting to order some Rehband elbow sleeves from APT. I have never used elbow sleeves, but was advised to d so since I have had some strange pain in my elbows the past couple of weeks.

My dilemma is that my elbows measure at just over 28cm at the elbow. The mediums are for 26-28cm elbows and the larges are for 28-30cm. Should I order the medium or the large? Thanks.
    *MFC Illuminati*

*3-22-13*

Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Poppy83 View Post
    QUESTION

I am wanting to order some Rehband elbow sleeves from APT. I have never used elbow sleeves, but was advised to d so since I have had some strange pain in my elbows the past couple of weeks.

My dilemma is that my elbows measure at just over 28cm at the elbow. The mediums are for 26-28cm elbows and the larges are for 28-30cm. Should I order the medium or the large? Thanks.
    Rehband products are awesome. I was having the same dilemna, except it was for the knee sleeves, where I was in between sizes. If you are looking for super support, go with the smaller size, if not just go with the bigger size - don't worry, it won't slip off when you wear it but will still give you the support you need. You can also call APT and they can give you a better assessment of what you are looking for and what will suit you.

Note: If you go with the smaller size, they may be more snug than what you may be comfortable with - which means you can't wear them for a long period of time or your arms will start going numb.

imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im looking to get a belt for squat and deadlifts for my final sets. i dont know weather to get a 10mm or 13mm. im leaning towards a lever belt though. price isnt a problem either.
    current/before may!
    bench:195x3+215x1/250x1
    squat:265x3/315x1
    bent over row:170x5/205x5
    power clean:185x1/225x1
    push press: 160x5/185x5
    deadlift:280x5/350x5
    madcows log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121726601

Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i have a 13mm lever belt. **** works great. gives ton of support.

imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50) imFASTERthenU will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mitsuomi View Post
    i have a 13mm lever belt. **** works great. gives ton of support.
    will it give me any problems when deadlifting? right now im only at around 300 but want to have one broken in when i hopefully get closer to 400 in 3~ months.
    current/before may!
    madcows log

Originally Posted by imFASTERthenU View Post
    will it give me any problems when deadlifting? right now im only at around 300 but want to have one broken in when i hopefully get closer to 400 in 3~ months.
    I was going to link you to a great thread on reviews and information on belts in the Sticky but you're already here. Read above.

If you wear your belt enough it will be broken in in 3 months.

Originally Posted by Jason2459 View Post
    I was going to link you to a great thread on reviews and information on belts in the Sticky but you're already here. Read above.

If you wear your belt enough it will be broken in in 3 months.
    thanks man, just ordered!
    current/before may!
    madcows log

Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    equipment: Zulu Defcon 10mm belt single prong - Jet Black
    Brand: Zulugolve.com
    Rating: 10/10
    Belt:http://www.zuluglove.com/powerliftin...black-22-p.asp

Great great belt for couple reasons: its the only UK/EU dealer who sells a quallity product at such a low price. The belt came with many wholes premade- was easy to break in and fast delivery and the owner of the company is a great guy.

P.S 10mm belt should be enough for most- great support during deadlifts/squats
    ill rep you if you're using common sense

www.squatsandmilk.com

aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aussie_chunky has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Equipment: 10MM belt double prong
    Supplier: APT
    BELT : http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/14713

Rating 10/10

Absolutely brilliant belt provides great support, did take a few weeks to break in but the improvement over my last belt is beyond words. Only RDLS and my top DL and Squat sets.
    Also incredibly impressed with APT's shipping yes it cost an arm a legs and my left nut, to get it to Australia but they did so in under 5 days and gave me more free things then i know what to do with (several sets of lifting straps, wristwraps etc.)
    Last edited by aussie_chunky; 05-09-2009 at 01:00 AM.
    Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think.

nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    APT Convict Knee Sleeves

Appearance: (9/10)
    Gave it a 9 because the white will get dirty and eventually look bad.
    Also, the striping will make you look like you just came out of a Dr. Seuss book.

Comfort: (8/10)
    Fit like tight jeans, warmth of sweat pants. Comfortable, but will put your legs to sleep if you have your knees bent for a long period of time (sitting).
    Very warm, but not hot. I didn't have any problems with sweating under these. They are a little stiff, but nothing compared to wearing wraps.

Use: (10/10)
    These things are great! Once you put them on, you can immediately feel the warmth, feels like you're wearing sweat pants around your knees.
    They stay put and don't bunch up behind the knee during use. Don't expect too much rebound, but there is a very small amount (maybe 10 pounds out of the hole?).
    I cut about 15 minutes off of my leg day today by not having to wrap (before sets), unwrap (after sets), and re-wrap (before wrapping).

Overall: (9/10)
    If you're looking for sleeves, these are great. They're a lot easier to deal with than wraps and offer the support/warmth you'll need for leg work.
    Overall I give them a 9 because of the sizing issue you might run into (read below).

Sizing Note:
    They are sized by weight, not measurement of the knee. If you have smaller legs (or want a tighter fit), go down a size. If you have big legs, choose the size for your weight. If you have monster legs, go a size up. I purchased the small size and they fit perfect, even though the site lists medium for my weight. Even isaku900 uses the 2XXL @ 285, the site says they're for 211-240.

That's the end of this review, questions/comments just post 'em.

Ever used any other and if so, how do they compare?

SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Equipment: Outbak Belt (10mm)
    Brand: Outback
    Link: Google it, lots of NZ/Aus stores sell them
    Rating: 9/10

Great belt, has served me well for a while now. My only problem with it is that with the new model, it's difficult to add extra holes for when you are in between sizes. Are than that it's great!
    My PL training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115903511

nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nitroboie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Arlecchino View Post
    Ever used any other and if so, how do they compare?
    Nope, these are my first sleeves. I'm only able to compare them to wraps and even that is like comparing apples to oranges.

makes a juicebox wet dannyautrey's Avatar
    dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dannyautrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nitroboie View Post
    APT Convict Knee Sleeves

Appearance: (9/10)
    Gave it a 9 because the white will get dirty and eventually look bad.
    Also, the striping will make you look like you just came out of a Dr. Seuss book.

Comfort: (8/10)
    Fit like tight jeans, warmth of sweat pants. Comfortable, but will put your legs to sleep if you have your knees bent for a long period of time (sitting).
    Very warm, but not hot. I didn't have any problems with sweating under these. They are a little stiff, but nothing compared to wearing wraps.

Use: (10/10)
    These things are great! Once you put them on, you can immediately feel the warmth, feels like you're wearing sweat pants around your knees.
    They stay put and don't bunch up behind the knee during use. Don't expect too much rebound, but there is a very small amount (maybe 10 pounds out of the hole?).
    I cut about 15 minutes off of my leg day today by not having to wrap (before sets), unwrap (after sets), and re-wrap (before wrapping).

Overall: (9/10)
    If you're looking for sleeves, these are great. They're a lot easier to deal with than wraps and offer the support/warmth you'll need for leg work.
    Overall I give them a 9 because of the sizing issue you might run into (read below).

Sizing Note:
    They are sized by weight, not measurement of the knee. If you have smaller legs (or want a tighter fit), go down a size. If you have big legs, choose the size for your weight. If you have monster legs, go a size up. I purchased the small size and they fit perfect, even though the site lists medium for my weight. Even isaku900 uses the 2XXL @ 285, the site says they're for 211-240.

That's the end of this review, questions/comments just post 'em.
    i just ordered some of these.. i'll post my review in a couple weeks, i'm sure