Trae's Sisters Boy Toy! _NimbusTim_'s Avatar
    _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up Nimbus BLAST Official Review Thread.

Originally Posted by stonecoldtruth View Post
    Whenever I do a final review on any product, I like to look at the 'claims' of the product and judge the product based on how it lived up to those claims, and my expectations.

Increased Energy Levels - 8/10 - BLAST definately gave a boost, but it was a tad on the weak side for someone who enjoys stims as much as I do. However, the energy did live up to another claim, which follows.

No Crash - 10/10 - I'm not sure what it is, but BLAST had one of the smoothest ramp up/down effects of any caffeinated product I've used to date. This allowed to keep a constant 'boost' by having an essential residual BLAST intake.

Maintained Hydration - 10/10 - This is where, for me, BLAST really shined. The product helped with hydration very likened to Glycergrow did for me. Hyperhydration and electrolyte balancing is VERY important to a big guy like myself who literally 'drips' at the gym.

Prolonged period of Vitality, Decreased Neuron Depletion - Unrated - Wasn't really sure how to rate this one. I did have a feeling of 'well-being', but that could just be the vitamin and electrolyte intake.

Increased Mental Acuity - 8/10 - As someone who enjoys Nootropics from time to time, it takes a lot for me to rate a product above an 8 on this, as it is competing against a LOT of nootropic products.

CNS Rejuvenation - 10/10 - This one was huge for me. I am not sure why my body reacted so positively in the CNS respect, but I literally feel as if I'd taken a couple weeks off of supplements and lifting and came back fresh as hell.

Taste - 4/10 - Never got used to it, literally tastes like Airbourne flu medicine.

Overall - 9/10 - With a month's supply at $37ish at bb.com, it is well worth the value for the benefits. It is going to be a staple supplement for me for quite a while. I'm next looking at poseidon from Nimbus.

Thanks to leonidas (heal up mang) and Workin (You mah boy Aaron) for this opportunity to log your product.

SCT

Overall - 8.75/10

_NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _NimbusTim_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AConrad00 View Post

BLAST IS AWESOME

BLAST IS A GREAT, SUSTAINED ENERGY

I USE IT TO GET THROUGH 15 HOUR WORK-SHIFTS

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TRY IT

WOO! Now that we got that out of the way... Here is the link to my log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5476243

Here is a link to the store with BLAST -
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nim/blast.html

here is my review:

TASTE: 7/10 - the taste of blast is a very chaulky, very mild citrus drink... its not really pleasant, although its not unpleasant by any means. I dont look forward to drinking it and I dont dread it. I tried mixing it with pink lemonade crystal light and that made it taste great... Other things to mix with that made it taste excellent:

2 cups strong green tea
    crystal light - pink lemonade, raspberry, peach tea(!!!)
    1/2 sprite, 1/2 water
    unsweetened OR sweetened iced-tea

I prefer to drink it plain as i'm kinda lazy to mix it with stuff, its not too bad really but not the best. Nimbus didnt want to over-do the artificial flavoring so left it kinda bland, but it works.

INGREDIENTS: 9.5/10 - I really enjoyed BLAST as it works not just as a straight caffeine product but picks you up with a TON of b-vitamins, which give a different type of energy that caffeine/yohimbe does not give. It contains a ton of Vitamin C which makes it excellent for the winter months (it sucks here in NE Ohio...). It also contains Yerba Mate, taurine, and theobromine which are excellent additions.

EFFECTS: 9/10 - It Works. It really does. It gives a pretty mild, sustained energy that lasts for a long time and doesnt give any crash whatsoever. It is perfect for everyday energy, and not really for preworkout. I used it mainly during my SUPERLONG doubles I work every week... 2 15-hour shifts each week. 2 scoops at 11am, sipped on for about an hour, and 2 more scoops at 4:30, chugged! Really nice addition to my work schedule. The long shifts suck my balls so anything helps, although a hardcore energy product is hit and miss for me. I cant be going around all hyper and I cant have any crash... So BLAST fits PERFECT on that aspect. I dont really recommend it for preworkout. Ive tried 3 scoops of BLAST and it did give some nice energy, but not the KICK-YO-AZZ type stuff I prefer. 1 scoop BLAST + 3 velocity xt is AWESOME.

VALUE: 9/10 - This tub is TINY, but it lasts forever. 75 servings is a ton, and you really only need 1 serving, 2 at the very most. I till have 1/3 a tub and I use 6-12 scoops a week.

YES I RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!!!

8.892/10 - GET IT, TRY IT, you WILL like it!

I will buy another tub when I run out, I really enjoyed it. It works to help keep you focused. I used it to study all night for projects/tests, I used it to stay alert/energized at work, I used it in conjunction with other products for preworkout. I works on many aspects, I think its a great product and absolutely worth trying.

Thanks Nimbus!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    I am sad to say that today will be my final analytical post on Nimbus Nutrition Blast. I have been done with the bottle for about a week and have dabbled with other pre-workout energy supplements, attempting to gain an idea of how this product went up against the others.

I have been thinking about it and i think what i want to do is rate this product on a 1-5 scale on a few different attributes.

PRODUCT PACKAGING
    ++++ (4/5), reserving the 5th in case they want to use a picture of me on their package.

PRODUCT LABELING
    +++++ (5/5), Great info about dosing and ingredients.

PRODUCT AMOUNT
    +++++ (5/5), This bottle seemed to last forever (which is a good thing)

SERVING SIZE
    ++++ (4/5), The claimed serving size of 1 scoop seems a little low if this is the only stimulant used. I had dabbled with serving sizes and found that 2-2.5 scoops "revved my engine."

TASTE
    +++++ (5/5), The taste was great because although it was obvious it was present, you did not get the gritty, chemical taste that you do with some PreWO drinks. It easily mixed into Xtend and or WMS... anything.

SMELL
    +++++ (5/5), Good smell, no chem smell that annoys all around you like some other PreWO drinks do.

MIXABILITY
    +++++ (5/5), This was probably one of the best points of this product. It mixed well into everything i tried. You could not taste or see chunks or granules like you sometimes can. Very fine powder.

DIGESTION
    +++++ (5/5), I had great digestion with this product. I never had any heartburn or acid taste. BIG strength!

TOLERANCE BUILDING
    +++ (3,5), This was one of the only week points of the product and as i am concerned it is not the complexes problem, it is simply single ingredients. I would usually do two work outs on, 1 work out off, and it seemed to take care of the issue.

OVERALL FEELING
    ++++++ (6/5), This product gives the exact stimulation that we all look for. No shakes, no jitters, no out of your mind feeling. :fool2: I found that it was NOT like an energy drink, more like the warm cut of quality tea feeling. Euphoric, calm, collected but driven and ready to train. Very smooth transitions and no crashes.

AWESOMENESS
    +++++ (5/5), Because i tested it.

I want to again thank prld2gr8ns from Nimbus Nutrition as well as Nimbus Nutrition as a whole. The representatives have been extremely supportive and helpful throughout this entire log. Also, thank you to anybody else that posted or PMed me, i really appreciate it!!!

I want to also mention that i am very interested in doing more sponsered logs. Simply PM me if you are interested.

Thanks for watching,
    Casey

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
    While I've only had this product for a week or so I felt that I could give a good review. I've used it in a bunch of different situations which I will comment on individually..

First of Taste: 6/10 - its not that its horrible but a very mild taste, i guess thats not necessarily a bad thing, but you'll have to add some flavoring system (crystal light works well) if you want a stronger flavor... I should note that I've been mixing it with 24-32oz of water usually, which is more than they recommend.

Test #1 - The Gym.. I've only used it once at the gym, so I can't say this part will be totally accurate. I've been using white flood previously. I would efinatly say WF is strong in both the energy/focus department, however, it is a more cracked out energy (not overthe top though).. I like the hydration aspet of it for the gym. 7/10

Test #2 - Out drinking.. Just as I was about to start out my night of partying, I put 2 scoops of Blast into ~ 24oz of water and chugged it. Gave me a good buzz, simliar to that of a can of redbull or something.. Was drinking pretty hard most of the night, woke up and my hangover wasn't too bad at all... Not sure if I can attribute that soley to the blast at the beginning, but it was noticebly better than it usually was.

Test #3 - At work. I do a pretty boring computer job, so I'm constantly getting sleepy at my desk. I fill up 32oz bottle and put 2-3 scoops of it (plus some BA/CM) and sip it throughout the day. It definatley keeps me nice and altert, with a good amount of focus. If i find i'm starting to get sleepy I just take a couple of swigs of the blast and it perks me right up. It does seem to hydrate me better as well... I drink that throughout the day, and maybe have 1 cup of tea, and a bottle of milk at lunch.. At the end of the work day I find i'm perfectly hydrated, which I thought was nice, as I thought i wasn't drinking enough liquids

Overall I'd give this product an 8.5/10 ... I'm REALLY enjoying it for sipping during the day / nights out. Its not bad for the gym, but I generally prefer a stronger prework out item (like wf). No bad sides to speak of at all. What I want to try next is to get som Poisden and drink the before/during/after drinking and see how that works with a hangover, would be a fun experiment!!

Last edited by _NimbusTim_; 03-02-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ~~Aries~~ View Post
    My Final Review of Nimbus Nutrition's Blast

I again want to thank Nimbus Nutrition for the opportunity of testing out Blast. I appreciate it. I'm not going to do that rating thing for this. I'm just going to tell you how I feel and let you make your own choice. Now on with the review.

Energy

Blast gives a long lasting clean and non-jittery energy. You don't feel cracked out or shaky and it doesn't mess with your appetite. The energy it gives isn't a knock your socks off kind of energy, but more of a I just got a great night's sleep and feel great kind of energy. Those who are stim abusers might not appreciate the subtleness of Blast, but it is worth a try and could help those wanting to reduce their stim intake.

Mood

I can't really say that Blast did anything for my mood. It neither made it worse nor better really that I could tell. Unfortunately I was under a great deal of stress for most of this log and my mood was up and down a lot. I can say that Blast helped me get through a lot of days where I didn't sleep well and would have normally been dragging the whole day.

Taste

Blast has a pretty bland orange taste. It's neither good nor bad. I just mixed it with my normal orange Crystal Light and drank it up. You could probably mix it with multiple things and not mess up the taste. I enjoyed drinking it every time, so no complaints on that.

Price

It might seem a little steep for some, but it has a lot of servings and lasts a really long time. For what you get the price really isn't bad at all. You'd pay more buying energy drinks on a daily basis than you would buying Blast.

Side Effects

None at all. I never got any crash you usually get when taking in energy supplements. I was able to sleep normally, well as normal as I usually do.

Cardio

Blast definitely helped me get through my cardio sessions. I hate cardio. I hate it with a passion unless it's sports related, so sometimes I have hard time either doing it at all or getting through the whole session without stopping. Blast did help me stay more focused and energized and finish strong with cardio. It also helped me stay well hydrated which is a plus.

Overall

I am quite pleased with Blast as I am sure you can tell if you followed my log at all. Only thing I could complain about is that just on some days it wasn't enough and I still had to have my cup of coffee or two to get going. Not really the fault of Blast, just I don't sleep well a lot. I would suggest it to anyone looking for this kind of energy or for someone who wants to cut down on their stim intake, but still have enough energy to get through their day. It really is a good product, so give it a try yourself and see what you think. For those of you who liked Poseidon, you'll really love Blast.

Check it out here or buy it.....yeah, buy it

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nim/blast.html

Last edited by _NimbusTim_; 03-02-2009 at 09:59 AM.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FootballJoey16 View Post
    My Final Thoughts on Nimbus Nutrition Blast

+++ Steady flow of energy similar to an energy drink (minus the sugar) while using one scoop.

+++ Steady flow of energy similar to a well-known high-stimulant preworkout drink.

+++ No crash! (Unlike most of those well-known high-stimulant preworkout drinks.)

+++ Low amount of stimulants, leading to constant efficiency of the product. (The energy flow given from the product did not lessen with continual use.)

+++ Increased hydration! (Can be noticed from the one night while on the product in which "a friend" had a scoop directly before going out and then drank a large amount of alcohol and had no hangover.)

+++ Compact packaging and containment! With creativity, can easily be prepared on the go (in a car, in the office, in class, etc.).

+++ Manageable Price. (While using one scoop servings, it comes up to less than 50 cents per serving. While using two scoop servings, it comes up to less than one dollar per serving.)

--- Taste with over 8oz water wasn't the most stellar thing. (However, using less than 6oz water and other drinks [sports drinks, juices, etc.] gives it a great taste).

After Pictures
    *I apologize for the bad quality. I only had my laptops for pictures up at college, while back at home I have my nice camera (where I took my before pictures).*

I noticed that I did gain body fat as I am not nearly as cut, however this was expected on the bulk. I am mostly amazed with my major chest development. That has been my lagging body part for most of the time I have been lifting and it has really filled out since my before pictures. I also believe my back is slightly wider, and my forearms are much more vascular (weird result of a bulk!). I have a noticeable gain in my upper legs, but would rather not take pictures of that. While on this bulk, I have gained 5.5 pounds.

Lastly, I would love to sincerely thank Nimbus Nutrition for the opportunity. I loved your product, and will continue using it unless another interesting product comes along that I would like to try. To all the readers/subscribers, I would like to thank you for following along, and I would also like to say one more thing. I talk this product up a lot. I liked it, and think as an energy and hydration supplement, it is highly effective. I would like you to know I did not talk it up trying to suck up to Nimbus Nutrition or in a way of thanking them for letting me log the product. If you would like, you can check out my other past sponsored log in which I openly said, "I will not use this product for lifting ever again". I am going to say how I feel and all the things I said about Blast were in complete sincerity.

Thank you all, have a nice day and stay tuned for another log on another product sometime soon.

Last edited by _NimbusTim_; 03-02-2009 at 09:59 AM.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bigT(tK) View Post

FinaL Review

I want to thank Leo and the rest of Nimbus for choosing me to try out and Log Blast

I did not write the final review right away due to Leonidas' last post in my Log.

The whole time I was logging Blast I was looking at what it provides for energy rather then what it does for me overall. There were a few times I mention its benefits other then Energy, but never really got in to much detail.

So I waited some time to really see what the differences were and what REAL benefits it provided while using it compared to not. I also stopped taking Poseidon as well.

I will write my review in sections against the claims Nimbus Nutrition has with the benefits one could possibly experience while using Blast regularly.

• There was a definite increase in energy levels. I have an odd work schedule with minimal sleep. Im always on the go at work and the fun never stops when I get home. I have 2 kids that I get the privilege of chasing around. Even with a small amount of sleep I still have to be on my toes and alert.
      Blast did an excellent job at helping me maintain energy levels so that I did not suffer through my normal mid day crashes. I was able to cut out all other stims while using Blast. I only got a rush of energy a few different times from Blast, but overall just a nice steady pick me up and continuous flow of energy.

• Maintained Hydration:
      Again, at work I am constantly on the go. It is much like a 4-5 hour cardio session on the busiest days. Getting dehydrated is very easy.
      I could tell a definite difference from when I am not using Blast. I would still drink similar amounts of water while using Blast,(even mix it in my drinks while working) but never experienced any of the symptoms of dehydration. Headaches and cramps are the most common symptoms I experience at work if I even come close to not drinking enough water. I never had any of these problems while using Blast.
      Since stopping, there have definitely been days that I do not drink enough and pay for it when I get home.

• No Annoying, Performance Destroying "Crash":
      This is definitely a huge area of concern for me. Sure, If Blast can get me through work that would be fantastic! What happens when I get home and my REAL job starts though? I have to be able stay awake throughout the entire day as well. Kids would love the opportunity to take care of themselves, but Im not so sure Im ready to let my 4 year old cook lunch yet.
      No crash from Blast at all.. I could tell when it was wearing off, but I never felt like I couldn't stay awake without it. Much like every energy drink I have ever tried.. With those I always feel like I need to take a nap when they wear off.

• CNS Rejuvenation:
      Sleep is hard to come by and not getting enough tends to wear on me a lot! Especially as the week comes near the end.
      I slept better. I felt more rested with minimal sleep. I was easily able to get going each day. Overall I felt great.

• Increased Mental Acuity:
      I do not have much experience with nootropics, but know that I respond well to PEA.
      Work can suck! Sometimes the people suck, all the dam boxes suck, and did I mention the people?
      On top of being tired and stressed regularly from work, anyone who has children can tell you that they are the greatest things that has ever happened to you, but they will eventually drive you fricken mad!
      There was a point where I really considered quitting my job due to stress alone, but do not follow through because of my kids. UPS is great for the insurance!
      I cope with the stress cause I have to. Blast helped me more then anything I think here. Maybe this whole supplement game is all "in your head". Whatever the case, I was able to cope better while using Blast.
      I felt happy. That feeling of "well being", whatever you want to call it. I just felt fantastic overall! The stressful situations were more laughable then anything. I was able to let things blow over easier. When I got home I was way less crabby to the point that my wife even said something.

• Taste/Mix Ability:
      Blast mixed easily. The taste sucked though. Great thing about it, it you can mix it with anything.

Now, Im not saying this is a miracle "happy" drug or you should buy it because I said so and give it a good review.. I am reviewing and reporting on what I personally experienced while I was using Blast. These are a lot of the same effects I had while using Poseidon. So this proves to me that Nimbus Nutrition makes products that deliver as stated. Ive loved Poseidon since I first tried and and recommend it to just about everyone I know. I will do the same with Blast. I really enjoyed using it and as many say at the end of a sponsored Log, "I will use it again!"

Thanks again for giving me the opportunity, Im always excited to try new things and bring as in depth of a review as possible.

*p.s. As for the question on overall health.. I stop Poseidon and Blast. I get the frickin cold my family has been carrying around for weeks.. just sayin..

Last edited by _NimbusTim_; 03-02-2009 at 10:00 AM.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rubberchicken View Post
    Nimbus Blast

Been a fan of the Poseidon complex for a while and after reading some reviews I thought I would give it a try. Here's my take on it.

Taste

8/10. Not bad. Not a strong flavour, much like a weak lemon barley without the sweetness. I have this straight often in minimal water and am happy to either shoot it or sip it in a larger amount of water. It is worth noting that it can be added to other supps without fear of it overpowering other flavours.

Ingredients

N/A I guess this is for others to decide. Like I say I am a fan of the Poseidon complex and as such believe this has a lot to do with the positive effects of this product. In reality I do not know enough about the other ingredients to give a credible breakdown of the formula.

Effects

9/10. Very clean and refreshing energy. Great for maintaining focus and concentration and clearing the head. It is quite a subtle supplement so don't expect any frothing at the mouth crazy energy. Often I will take it and rather than feel the sudden rush of blood, I will simply notice a gentle uplift and that 3 hours later I am not fatigued when usually I would be.

I use 2 scoops pre workout if my a** is dragging and find I have good energy and motivation without the heart rate going all over the place. One ( rarely two scoops ) at work gives me a nice lift and clears the head ( I work 12 hour day and night shifts).

I do find it is good for the around the 5 hours it states on the tub.

Please note: NO CRASH WHATSOEVER

Other Thoughts and Observations

All around a great purchase. It comes in a small tub packed to the brim with powder and this seems to last me forever ( been over three months I think now ). As such is very cost effective.

I have stated elsewhere that the stim junkies out there may be disappointed somewhat if they are taking it pre workout. It most likely will not pack the punch they are after. I do however feel that Blast has a wide variety of other applications that may be overlooked e.g; Work- clears the head, refreshes and helps concentration, Going out and when feeling lethargic or unmotivated- nice clean lift, hydration ( Poseidon Complex ) can't hurt.

I do mostly gymnastic / body weight training and find this an ideal stim for me ( don't want heart rate going nuts ). I have also read that stacking Blast with other pre workout stims has yielded great results.

All round - very satisfied with this product and will buy again

For what it's worth...Hope this helps someone.

Cheers!

Last edited by _NimbusTim_; 03-02-2009 at 10:01 AM.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Okay my Blast? review...

The container is similar to Poseisdon and has a great label with solid directions and ingredient profile.

The very first thing you will notice upon mixing this is that it dissolves pretty much instantly. The second thing you will notice is the taste...Not really all that great. It isn't horrible by any means but it is really weak. For those who mix this with another flavored product or with a drink like gatorade then you will not have an issue but I'll explain later why this wasn't a good thing in my case.

How I tested this product.

Going off of the ingredient profile I chose to use this as a mild to moderate energy drink with the intent to replace my current replenishing/hydrating drinks (Healthy waters, gatorade,powerades etc). I also did not mix this with any other product. I wanted to treat this as a true replacement to the above drinks and I wanted to see the results without them being skewed.

Dose...
    2 servings
    2-4 times a day. Depending on on/off days and bed time.
    12-32oz of water to test flavoring

Performance...

I was pleasantly pleased. Minus the weak(imho) flavoring I found Blast? to do exactly what I believed it would do. I compare this to poseidon with a kick. It has a nice boost in energy without it being too overwhelming which is excellent if you take any other stims/products with stims in it and do not want over kill. A great morning drink to get you going with no sides of jitters or nervousness. Blast? gives a great refreshed feeling as well. I would use this to replace my current energy drinks and replenishing drinks so the cost of this is great considering it replaces two different products.

Scale of 1-5
    Mixability 5
    Taste 3
    Hydration 5
    Energy 4
    Cost 4
    Anti-cramp 5

Over all 4.3 An Excellent product.

Suggestion: If there's any way to add the flavoring like I received in the Poseidon Beta, that would be great or a way to make this a bit more strong.

Last edited by _NimbusTim_; 03-02-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Ok, a sample is not exactly a ton to do a serious review, but I got one of Blast in my last order and tried it today. I didn't take any pre-workout RPM (although I did still have leviathan, but I usually take both, and sometimes a pre-workout stim drink too). Blast seemed to work out really well as a pre/peri workout drink. I'm currently doing GBC, which is arguably one of the most straining workout schemes on your CNS. I felt nice energy throughout the workout, plus recovery was fast between sets + supersets. I had enough whoomph left in me at the end to do an extra 20 min of cardio, which is rare. Never really felt speedy, I just felt good.

BTW, I mixed it with hawaiian punch wild purple smash just for prld2gr8ns. It did taste a little odd, but was ok.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

SPIKE

VS.

BLAST

I will review Blast in each catagory and then pick a winner, if Blast is not the winner I will give a reason why

Energy
    Blast gives a nice pick me up. No crazy rambling energy but it def makes doing things easier. For me I hate doing morning cardio, but after I'd groggle into the kitchen and slam 2 scoops Blast and chase with water i'd go lay back down and within 10-15 minutes I was wide awake and cardio was no thing.7.5/10

Winner: Spike for all out energy. Hits me harder than ephedra.

Jitters

Blast gave me no jitters at all!!!! Even 2 scoops in the morning on an empty stomach. This morning there was a hint but I think it was because I had not really eaten much in the 24hours prior to that. 11/10.

Yes an eleven!!! The energy:shakes ratio is unmatched my anything I have taken.

Winner: Blast Spike gives me the worst shakes even with food in my stomach

Taste

Blast has a really light light citrusy taste. orangey grapfruit. Easily can be mixed with anything to give it "your" flavor. I was just shooting it straight down the hatch and chanseing with water and it tasted well that way,lol. 8/10

Winner: Spike. I'm sorry spike is just too good imo, I could drink it all day.

Feel Good Powers

Yea I made that up,lol. Blast made me feel really really good. I've never taken anything like that before and this aspect was awsome. The PEA really served me well. Nothing like beeing "high" or "drunk" but just a confident pick me up. I really started to notice this after a few days.10/10

Winner: BlastI dont get this from Spike, period.

So looks like we have a tie :wtf:
    Ok so here's how im going to lay it down. For strictly and energy supp to take on days your just dragging a s s. I would def reach for the tub of Blast before I'd look to the can of Spike
    But.......
    If your doing fine and just need a good kick in the pants at the gym, I'm hitting the can of Spike

Again which one is the hands down winner there has to be one right????? RIGHT.

So with that said the winner is................................

BLAST

Just beats out Spike for a few simple reasons.
    1.) Cost: ~80servings of blast is a little over $30. A case of spike (24cans) is that much.
    2.) Versitility: For a little pick me up just shoot 1 scoop of BLAST and you can tackle the 8" of snow in your driveway, or that house work you've been putting off. I think you could get close to energy from spike if you hit 3 scoops but this is just speculation. I never tried it. Also you could throw a scoop in your Creatine Mono, Beta-Alanine, Arginine,etc...Your own mix. Spike foams up real bad, I've tried it.
    3.) I had a spike the other morning on an empty stomach and felt coked out. (I've never done coke before but have been around some, so its an assumption) It was bad, wirery, shake's bad, cold feeling, raceing heart.....I dont get this bad when I take it about 45 min after my pre-workout meal.

Blast made my CKD much smoother than I could have ever imagined. Last time I went into no carbs I wasn't doing things quite the same but it was hell energy wise. Thats where BLAST shined the brightest.

There you go guys, any other questions throw em at me. Like promised I'll get some final pictures up.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    I am sad to say that today will be my final analytical post on Nimbus Nutrition Blast. I have been done with the bottle for about a week and have dabbled with other pre-workout energy supplements, attempting to gain an idea of how this product went up against the others.

I have been thinking about it and i think what i want to do is rate this product on a 1-5 scale on a few different attributes.

PRODUCT PACKAGING
    ++++ (4/5), reserving the 5th in case they want to use a picture of me on their package.

PRODUCT LABELING

PRODUCT AMOUNT

SERVING SIZE
    ++++ (4/5), The claimed serving size of 1 scoop seems a little low if this is the only stimulant used. I had dabbled with serving sizes and found that 2-2.5 scoops "revved my engine."

TASTE
    +++++ (5/5), The taste was great because although it was obvious it was present, you did not get the gritty, chemical taste that you do with some PreWO drinks. It easily mixed into Xtend and or WMS... anything.

SMELL
    +++++ (5/5), Good smell, no chem smell that annoys all around you like some other PreWO drinks do.

MIXABILITY
    +++++ (5/5), This was probably one of the best points of this product. It mixed well into everything i tried. You could not taste or see chunks or granules like you sometimes can. Very fine powder.

DIGESTION
    +++++ (5/5), I had great digestion with this product. I never had any heartburn or acid taste. BIG strength!

TOLERANCE BUILDING
    +++ (3,5), This was one of the only week points of the product and as i am concerned it is not the complexes problem, it is simply single ingredients. I would usually do two work outs on, 1 work out off, and it seemed to take care of the issue.

OVERALL FEELING
    ++++++ (6/5), This product gives the exact stimulation that we all look for. No shakes, no jitters, no out of your mind feeling. :fool2: I found that it was NOT like an energy drink, more like the warm cut of quality tea feeling. Euphoric, calm, collected but driven and ready to train. Very smooth transitions and no crashes.

AWESOMENESS

I want to again thank prld2gr8ns from Nimbus Nutrition as well as Nimbus Nutrition as a whole. The representatives have been extremely supportive and helpful throughout this entire log. Also, thank you to anybody else that posted or PMed me, i really appreciate it!!!

I want to also mention that i am very interested in doing more sponsered logs. Simply PM me if you are interested.

Thanks for watching,
    Casey

Last edited by _NimbusTim_; 03-02-2009 at 10:04 AM.

Thumbs up

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post117214941

Originally Posted by BB2K View Post
    My thoughts on BLAST are this, it is a really good pre workout drink. Flavor was pretty good to. Was not at all dissatisfied with this product. It was the same result each and every time. Energy was steady, nothing dramatic or spactacular but a nice little kick for sure.

Rating: 0-5 stars

Flavor: 4 stars
    Effectivness: 5 stars
    Mixability: 5 stars

Would I use it again: YES!!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Ok so i got 4 blast samples a couple months ago wit a nutra order...i had been using white flood so i hadnt got to em....til today

Today to assess my tolerance i only tried half the packet(1 tru serving) about 30 min before an exam. I got real hyped up....it was more a energy rush than i got wit wf but not as much focus.

i then took the rest of the packet before my lift....like i said more energy but not as much focus.

ill update on this as i use more samples through the week, but from first impressions a single serving would seem to be a perfect morning boost.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gtarzan81 View Post
    Blast:First Impressions
    I took 1scoop in about 20oz of water, about 1/2 hour pre workout.
    The taste:barely there. vaguely citrus.
    It gave a very good clean energy.
    It gave me the BEST mental focus of any energy supp I've tried. I'm not sure how they did it, but it's like mental blinders.

I'm a big time lover of energy drinks, and this beats them ALL hands down. I should know, I have several 4-packs of Red Bull in the fridge as we speak. Nimbus, you ruined energy drinks in a can for me, as none of them match up. Thanks guys

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Samoangirl View Post
    My energy was great, I really feel "good" while training. I dont feel all gitty or hyper, I just feel "good" and my strength is really good. So far, 2 thumbs up.

From the time I finished my workout until I got home, my energy was great but now Its fading away and I am feeling sleepy. Time to watch a movie with my hubby and then go to bed.
    Originally Posted by Samoangirl View Post
    I took 2 scoops of BLAST and mixed it in 8oz of water. I drank half about 10min prior to training and the rest during the routine. My energy was amazing and I felt very alert, strong and ready for more!

So far BLAST! is amazing! The energy is very good and last a good while.

Exclamation

We have all tried some sort of "Energy Drink". They are everywhere these days, convenient stores, grocery stores, Bars, health stores, gyms? everywhere you look there is some sort of drink promising increased energy and vitality. But for many of us that have consumed this "liquid energy", we've experienced either immediate disappointment or a short lived boost followed by a crash of epidemic proportions. Finally, one company has done energy right?.

Riding on the coattails of the wildly popular performance supplement ? Poseidon Complex, Nimbus Nutrition introduces the all new Blast.

Nimbus Nutrition's improved version of the "Energy Drink", Blast, boasts the most impressive, REAL Energy Boosting formula available. For the first time energy and endurance live harmoniously together in one nutritional supplement. Blast combines the hydrating and mental acuity properties of Poseidon Complex, with the safe yet stimulating ingredients such as Caffeine, Tyrosine, Glucuoronalactone, Yerba Mate, White Willow Bark, Phenylethylamine (PEA) and Theobromine. This is in addition to the fact that Blast? contains over 4300 mgs of Poseidon Complex, to ensure proper hydration with your Energy Release.

Blast is another testament to the integrity and dedication that Nimbus Nutrition insists on in every supplement they produce. Yet again that old Nimbus motto, "simple yet synergistic", has worked to perfection. In the Nimbus Nutrition tradition of excellence, Blast is proudly introduced to all athletes that know..."Performance is Everything"!

Hightlights:
    -Increased Energy Levels
    -Maintained Hydration
    -Prolonged period of Vitality
    -No Annoying, Performance Destroying "Crash"
    -Increased Mental Acuity
    -CNS Rejuvenation
    -Decreased Neuron Depletion

Directions: As a dietary supplement, take 1 to 2 servings based on individual needs. Do not take within 5 hour of bedtime. Do not exceed 4 servings in a 24 hour period. Please consult your physician prior to beginning any new supplement or workout program.

These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

*Poseidon Complex: Ascorbic Acid , Folic Acid, Glutamine, Inositol, Magnesium Carbonate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methylcobalamin, Niacin (b-3), Calcium Pantothenate, Potassium Bicarbonate, Potassium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Pyridoxine HCL, Sodium Bicarbonate, Taurine, TMG

*Blast KE Release Matrix: Caffeine, Glucuronolactone, Tyrosine, White Willow Bark, Yerba Mate, Theobromine, Phenethylamine

Last edited by _NimbusTim_; 03-12-2009 at 07:46 AM.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BoSox36 View Post
    Jut got back from the gym: I took 2 scoops of blast in about 12 oz of water

Workout: Shoulders

15 minutes of cardio

I took Blast about 15 minutes before I got to the gym.I had a great workout with lots of energy and good focus.... great first dose! Taste was pretty good also (a little watery), and kicked in pretty fast, but really didnt notice it....it was nice clean energy. No jitters, didnt feel like a psycho on caffeine after.
    Workout #2

Chest and tricep day

15 minutes cardio

Another excellent workout. This stuff is amazing!!! Its kinda like you dont even realize you even took anything. You dont get the caffeine jitters. You also dont get the feeling of crashing after the caffeine has worn off. I had alot of energy throughout my workout.....Good stuff!!
    Its like when you take some pre-workout supplements, you get this initial high burt of energy, and then you crash. This stuff is great because you get an even amount of energy throught the workout, and then no crash and or jitters.
    Workout #4

Leg day

15 minutes cardio

Really good workout today as far as energy goes. Good workout, good pumps in the legs!!! Im still amazed that this stuff has caffeine in it!!!! Im also still pumped that i dont get the rise and fall effect of caffeine. Im still not to high on the flavor, it still seems a bit watered down, but ive drank stuff that tasted like ass, so it could be worse.
    Workout 5
    Shoulder day

15 minutes cardio

Took a few days off from the gym. Good thing I have Blast to give me the energy i needed from a few days off. This stuff rules!!!
    Workout #6

No workout today, just cardio
    20 Minutes Elliptical

10 Minutes Bike

Still feel really good with the added caffeine without the jitters or the down fall of caffeine. Gives me really good clean energy throughout workout.
    Workout #7
    Chest and triceps day

15 minutes cardio

Another really good workout today, lots of energy and a kind of a state of euphoria!!!! Strength and energy euphoria....cant really explain it.
    Workout #10......3/15/09

Shoulder day

15 minutes cardio

Another good day at the gym, awesome energy and good pumps/strength. Still no complaints

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wrasslin116 View Post
    -Final Opinion-

Taste- Smells like it would taste either ok or just plain bad, but it had a pretty good taste, I wouldn't mind drinking it all the time.

Energy- Very nice and clean, no jitteryness, no being overstimulated, it was just right where I wanted it then another good thing was NO crash, it just kind of weened off and I wouldn't even notice. Also didn't get tired as easy as usual, to make the perfect pre-workout drink I'm going to say what I'd add to it below.

Overall- I will deffinitly be buying this again! I feel this is a greatly underated product and needs a lot more attention, I'll admit that before givin the opportunity to run this I never would have tried it since I knew nothing about it, but now that I have I can't believe I never did it before! Great product Nimbus!

Now as I said to make the perfect pre workout drink.. just get some good ol' Blast, add around 3-5g BA and 3-5g AAKG and BAM perfect product. I'm deffinitly going to give that a try in the near future.

Thumbs up

Final review

2-3 scoops of Blast in 12-15 oz of water

Taste:
    The taste wasnt bad, it was kind of blah. It didnt tast bad, it tasted watered down at best........Not a bad thing, Id rather have watered down than nasty tasting.

Work outs:
    My workouts were great. I had huge amounts of energy. The added caffeine was good too. Another good thing was that it didnt give you the jittery feeling of caffeine, and it gave me a good workout throughout my entire work out....And no caffeine crash!!! Just pure clean energy!!!!

Thanks for the opportunity again for being a tester for Nimbus blast, I appreciate it.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by muruku View Post
    Nimbus blast, the stims arent as strong as the usual pre-workout supplements. It gave me good clean energy and decent pumps. Plus it has the poseidon complex in it.

Another pre-workout to look at is MAN BodyOctane, its non-stim and has a more endurance focus. Quality product with good feedback.
    Originally Posted by SouthernLord View Post
    This is quickly becoming my all time favorite ergogenic. I feel it has greatly improved my endurance and work capacity. This is not one of those supps loaded with caffeine and NO so it won't be felt immediately. It takes a couple of weeks to feel the full effects.

Stim free Ragnarok and Ultima would possibly be two good choices for him as well. I have not tried either though...

Thumbs up

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=116810911

Originally Posted by ProWrestleFan View Post

Nimbus Nutrition BLAST Review

A while back Tim from Nimbus Nutrition sent me a tub of BLAST to review and FINALLY I have gotten around to it. Tim, sorry for the long wait.

Citrus flavor BLAST is what I received and it did not let me down. The flavor was good and it was pleasing to drink. Not like other drinks that you often have to choke down, I actually enjoyed BLAST.

This is an energy drink and I think it fits well. I used it as a pre-workout even though it can also be used throughout the day for energy. It offered me decent energy in the gym and I never "crashed" hours later like you do with most energy drinks. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for an energy boost that's not too insane but you can feel it, it's a decently mild distribution of energy.

All in all I'd score Nimbus Nurtition BLAST a 7 out of 10. I could have used a bit more energy and it did have a SLIGHT after taste that I didn't enjoy. But like I said, the overall flavor is good and the energy it does provide is nice with no crash.

I want to thank Tim from Nimbus Nutrition again for the product.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TheBigRigatoni View Post
    Update for everyone...been taking my Blast for 2 weeks now...love the taste and i do 2 scoops 30min before w/o and it gives some serious KICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Def a winner for the Nimbus Nation
    Thanks Tim

Thumbs up Berry Blast!

Originally Posted by AMillane7 View Post

Final Review

Ratings

~ Energy - 9/10
    Solid, clean boost every single time. Enough to get me going, without any jitters or crash. No sleep loss either, a big boost. General feeling of well being helped a lot.
    ~ Endurance - 10/10
    The final sets were much more manageable, and I left the gym everyday feeling as if I could have done more. Especially helpful for basketball, or in the AM.
    ~ Hydration - 11/10
    Amazing. Nothing has been better. I drink alot of water and this really made me feel like I was hydrated and not actually bloated.
    ~ Recovery - 7/10
    Given the smaller amount of Posiedon Complex, this is harder to judge, but I did see a boost in recovery, especially from heavy compound work.
    ~ Taste/Mix - 10/10
    Never got old, never had a problem with it either. Excellent work Nimbus. Mild enough to drink everyday or even mix with other supps.

Comparisons

~ Energy - APS Phenadrine
    ~ Endurance - BCAA's + BA9
    ~ Hydration - Nothing close
    ~ Recovery - Any PWO product
    ~ Taste/Mix - Berry Propel

Experience
    The hydration and endurance help I got from this are enough for me to purchase again. This product is a clear win. It's cheap enough to use on a daily basis, especially in the morning. Thankfully it doesn't have arginine or creatine, so it makes for a good 'anytime' drink for a boost. Final outcome - would purchase again, especially in a buy 2 get 1 deal. Can't wait to try out Nimbus' other products, as this was very legit.

Final Grade - 9.5/10 - WILL Purchase Soon

Thumbs up Berry Blast

Originally Posted by RandyJH View Post
    BERRY BLAST FINAL REVIEW!

ENERGY/ MENTAL FOCUS: 9.5/10

The energy that I got from this product was of very high quality. I never really had any issues with feeling jittery, however the energy would always last through the entire workout. As far as the mental focus concerned, berry blast is top notch. I seemed to allows have the focused in the zone feeling. My mood also seemed to remain very positive in the gym at all times. On a few occasions I had training buddies even make comments on my mood.

HYDRATION: 8.5/10

The hydration feeling was defiantly there and noticeable. It seemed like it really helped out a a lot with cardio sessions more than anything. More so when on the days where I did my cardio outside.

TASTE: 9/10

To be totally honest, taste isn't the first thing I look for in a product. In fact when I first saw how concentrated this product was I was skeptical to say the least. I was however pleasantly surprised! Never once did I have a negative experience when taking the product. What makes it even better as far as tastes goes is its versalitity. I personally found my favorites to either mixing with a small amount of water, or a generous amount crystal light. As far as mix ability is concerned, I can confidently say that is second to none.

OVERALL PERFORMANCE/RECOVERY: 10/10

As far as the numbers are concerned in my 4 weeks with blast I lost 5lbs. Seeing as cutting body fat was my goal, I am very pleased with this. Also throughout the journal strength did not suffer at all and I even set a few PR's along the way. Explosive energy was very high through each workout and I had tested my vertical at 28.4 inches mid log which isn't awful for being 5'9 180.8 lbs. I also don't play any sports that involve a high degree of vertical jumping. Also to my surprise my recovery didn't take much of a hit at all during this cutting diet. Much my training is heavy compound movements with a fair load of cardio so that is saying a lot.

OVERALL: 9/10

I will definitely not hesitate to use this product again. I love how it performs extremely well without being hyped up to all hell. To me when a company puts out a product that does exactly what it claims, it says a lot about them as a whole. A product with this much versatility at a fair price is without a doubt worth giving a try.

Once again thank you to everyone at Nimbus Nutrition for allowing to to try/log BERRY BLAST!

The link to my full log can be found in my sig!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sizeNstrength View Post

NIMBUS NUTRITION BLAST

DAY - 1

I was taken aback for a moment by the size of the container, it is smaller than an XTEND bottle and claims 75 servings. Upon opening it - the powder is so fine, it looks like, well, *******.

I took my first serving after a meal, before heading out for some work.

effects
    • very quick working - within 5mins
    • not jittery at ALL, but the energy was not very prominent
    • taste is almost non-existent - I mixed 1 scoop in about 4oz of water and there is a hint of citrus but nothing more.
    • decided the next day I would take 2 scoops

DAY - 2

I still chuckled at the size of the bottle - after looking more into Nimbus Nutrition I came across their claims of filler-free baseline products that work and work well.

I used 2 scoops in about 5oz of water and drank it down before a workout.

effects
    • very quick working - within 5mins
    • not jittery at ALL, this time the energy was definitely there. I am not a stim freak - and this product is not designed for that - but there is a defninite increase in focus, alertness, and stamina
    • taste is still almost non-existent - I mixed 2 scoops in about 5oz of water and there is a hint of citrus but nothing more.
    • Mood enhanced like crazy. I felt so refreshed, energized, and still focused.
    • I am beginning to dig this...

DAY - 3

This day I decided to use it 2x in a day to see how it would clash/crash or not.

effects
    • still quick working and not jittery - good clean energy
    • No crash
    • I took 2 scoops in morning and 1 at around 4pm
    • Mood was enhanced even more so on the last scoop of the day
    • The bottle reccomends not taking the product within 5 hours of sleep - I would actually say do not take this product withint 6-7 hours of sleep - it is a very nice stable sustained energy
    • color me impressed.

DAY - 4

I was going out that night and decided to try it before heading out.

effects
    • still quick working and not jittery - good clean energy
    • No crash
    • I took 2 scoops at around 6pm before meeting up with people
    • Like the days before I was happy, in a good mood, and was able to keep it up throughout the whole night until around 1-2am

DAY - 5

I am about to start my first PH cycle in a couple and want to extend the Nimbus Nutrition team my thanks because this will be my new pre-workout while ON cycle.

I used 2 scoops preworkout and had a ridiculously good lift.

effects
    • same as the other days

CONCLUSION

This is not for stim freaks
    This is not designed for taste (sorry guys)
    This is not to get you crazy jacked before a lift
    This is a nice, subtle energy supplement that will NOT geek you out of your skin, that will in fact sustain a stable level of energy for an extended period of time.
    Very, VERY clean energy - really clean...
    2 scoops is the serving size for me - unless I am using it 2x in a day then it is 2 scoops/1 scoop
    I am adding this product to my stash as a constant because of how well it maintains energy subtly throughout the day.
    It will be a godsend for those work days that you are too lethargic to really do everything you need to.

Big thanks to Nimbus Nutrition again for letting me try it!!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lector606 View Post
    Fubar and Blast are both really solid pre-workout products. I love the Poseidon complex

Blast Review

by borobulker on Thu May 29, 2008 3:12 pm

PRODUCT PACKAGING

PRODUCT LABELING

PRODUCT AMOUNT

SERVING SIZE
    ++++ (4/5), The claimed serving size of 1 scoop seems a little low if this is the only stimulant used. I had dabbled with serving sizes and found that 2-2.5 scoops \"revved my engine."

TASTE

SMELL

MIXABILITY

DIGESTION

TOLERANCE BUILDING

OVERALL FEELING

AWESOMENESS

Thanks for watching,
    Casey