Stunkman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is it true that.....??

when you build muscle, muscle eats your body fat? So why not just lift all the time ? If I have 25% body fat, and I like to lift why dont I? Heard some people say lifting also burns more calories.

mcintyrej has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcintyrej has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcintyrej has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcintyrej has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcintyrej has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcintyrej has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcintyrej has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcintyrej has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcintyrej has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    bigger muscles require more food so lifting gets you bigger(if done right)
    lifting is exercise so it increases heart rate so uses cals
    Just one more, then it all will be over...

axxem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axxem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axxem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axxem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axxem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axxem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axxem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axxem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axxem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you cant lift all the time cause your muscles can only get worked out so much for instance... 30 reps on bench would be better than doing 150 reps on bench... work out your muscles dont kill them. thats why you keep to reps and sets 3 sets of 8-12 reps is ideal if the weight your doing you can get to 12 reps all 3 sets... then move up in weight.

Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by axxem View Post
    you cant lift all the time cause your muscles can only get worked out so much for instance...
    I agree... you cant just lift all the time just to build muscles. Your muscles need to rest in order to recover that's why its advisable to mix cardio with strength training.

Whatever you give to life,it gives you back.
    Do not hate anybody.
    The hatred which comes out from you will someday come back to you.
    Love others. And LOVE will come back to you..

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jill75 View Post
    I agree... you cant just lift all the time just to build muscles. Your muscles need to rest in order to recover that's why its advisable to mix cardio with strength training.
    For sure, but too many people use "rest" as an excuse to be lazy, the vast majority of people here are doing too much resting and not enough lifting. I'm sorry guys but it doesn't take a full week to recover from a few sets of bench press when you're only lifting 200 pounds.

Rest certainly is important, but many people take it too far when they could be pushing harder in the gym.

soxcc10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soxcc10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soxcc10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soxcc10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soxcc10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soxcc10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soxcc10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soxcc10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soxcc10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soxcc10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soxcc10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Kelei View Post
    For sure, but too many people use "rest" as an excuse to be lazy, the vast majority of people here are doing too much resting and not enough lifting. I'm sorry guys but it doesn't take a full week to recover from a few sets of bench press when you're only lifting 200 pounds.

Rest certainly is important, but many people take it too far when they could be pushing harder in the gym.
    X2 definitely
    "Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion."
    - Muhammad Ali

"Avarus animus nullo satiatur lucro"
    - A greedy mind is not satisfied with any gain -

legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) legenbass25 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

You could organize your lifting schedule to do it almost every day though, just don't work the same bodypart each day. Here is an example, and might be a good plan if you are looking to drop some serious bodyfat.

Monday: Chest/Triceps
    Tuesday: Back/Biceps
    Wednesday Legs/Shoulders
    Thursday: Chest/Triceps
    Friday: Back/Biceps
    Saturday: Legs/Shoulders
    Sunday: OFF

If you are dedicated to get to the gym almost everyday, you should see great results with this split. Since you're working each bodypart twice a week, you don't have to overdo it on any day. I would probably only do 9 sets per body part, maybe only 6 for arms. Here would be a sample chest/tri day:

Incline Bench: 3/8-12
    Flat DB Press:3/8-12
    Peck deck: 3/12-15
    Overhead tri extension 3/10-12
    Tricep pressdowns: 3/10-12

This can be an outline to use. For the next day you do the same muscle groups, switch up the exercises a little bit, maybe focus more on isolation moves for chest. Then to really speed up the fat loss, throw in at least 20 minutes of cardio afterwards. You still won't end up spending any more than 45 minutes to an hour at the gym, which makes it pretty time effective.

I followed something similar to this awhile back and saw great results.
    Bioforge/T-Bol log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121468331
    Bioforge + T-Bol log: The Workouts: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121576191

Current Stash: begin the cut for summer!
    Muscle Gauge pure isolate (cake batter)
    LG Sciences Lipotropic Protein (vanilla)
    Ultima
    ON Opti-Men
    Scivation Xtend (blue raspberry)
    Gaspari Size On Pre-contest
    Intrabolic (blue raz)
    Myofusion (Choco PB and Stawberries N Cream)
    EC stack + Lean Xtreme
    Bioforge + Drive

__r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Stunkman View Post
    when you build muscle, muscle eats your body fat? So why not just lift all the time ? If I have 25% body fat, and I like to lift why dont I? Heard some people say lifting also burns more calories.
    I will explain it to you in simple words:

1. Your body requires a certain number of calories per day to maintain your current weight, this is called calorie maintenance level.

2. If you consume calories below this number you lose weight, if above you gain weight.

3. Lifting like any physical activity burns calories.

4. In addition to this, lifting tells your body to build more muscle mass.

5. Building muscle mass requires rest and among other things additional calories.

6. If you built more muscle mass your body requires more calories and your calorie maintenance level increases.