WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Carbs Really Necessary?

How necessary is it to take in some carbs after a workout? I take Dymatize Elite Whey and it has like 2 carbs per scoop and I was wondering if I needed to add something else to my shakes?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----"I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't"-----
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vick4017 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vick4017 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vick4017 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vick4017 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vick4017 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vick4017 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vick4017 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vick4017 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vick4017 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vick4017 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vick4017 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    carbs that are consumed after your workout are beneficial because they restore the depleted glycogen in your muscles so they can function correctly. I was able to stay in ketosis consuming Size-On (32g of carbs during my workout) and 6g after in a protein shake.

Carbs after your workout shouldnt be looked at as "carbs". as long as you dont over do it you should have carbs in a PWO shake. It is to your benefit to have more than 2 carbs per scoop if you are trying to add mass.
    "Stuff your sorries in a sack bro."

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Helps your immune system as well because of quickened recovery
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WeltDog is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Would it be alright just to add 2 tablespoons of sugar which is about 24g of carbs into my postworkout shake? I want to gain mass, so Idc if I gain some fat also...
    -----"I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't"-----

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WeltDog View Post
    Would it be alright just to add 2 tablespoons of sugar which is about 24g of carbs into my postworkout shake? I want to gain mass, so Idc if I gain some fat also...
    You really don't need to worry about gaining fat unless you are overconsuming. You'd need a lot and/or the conditions would need to be sub-optimal since carbs are, for the most part, partitioned to muscle and lipogenesis is inhibited in the PWO period. But yes, you eat too much you put on teh weight lol.

Personally, I'd opt for a better carb source other than table sugar. You could probably consume more dependant upon your training and overall diet and be fine too.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    You really don't need to worry about gaining fat unless you are overconsuming. You'd need a lot and/or the conditions would need to be sub-optimal since carbs are, for the most part, partitioned to muscle and lipogenesis is inhibited in the PWO period. But yes, you eat too much you put on teh weight lol.

Personally, I'd opt for a better carb source other than table sugar. You could probably consume more dependant upon your training and overall diet and be fine too.
    What other household or grocery store ingredient could I use as a carb source in place of the table sugar?

THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i eat carbs all day i love them

Originally Posted by tjperez86 View Post
    i eat carbs all day i love them
    Yeah we all eat carbs...I'm not talking about food I am talking about a postworkout shake where I am at school and can't fix myself food, ur lucky i dont neg u!

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This thread makes me want to bash my head against the wall... seriously.

THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    neg me for what.. Ok take some rice cakes with you those are what i eat PWO with my shake.

Originally Posted by jked4life View Post
    okay make fun of me for trying to learn some things...idc

neg me for what.. Ok take some rice cakes with you those are what i eat PWO with my shake.
    nevermind I am just tired of everyone acting like im retarded when I ask questions trying to learn some things...

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    okay make fun of me for trying to learn some things...idc
    I wasn't making fun of you. You asked a reasonable question...

My statement was in regards to the "bro" logic that has been parroted in here.

To answer your question, any carb source would be fine. Some oats, fat free popcorn, bread, or whatever else you feel like. The notion that you need a sugary substance to "spike insulin" is ridiculous.

devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    X2
    is it yesterday again?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111082701

"Whether you believe you can, or believe you can't, You're right."

Originally Posted by devo09 View Post
    X2
    is it yesterday again?
    It's pretty hard to take.

Where do people come up with this crap? It's the same old bro logic recycled over and over. Maybe if people got off these boards and got some info elsewhere they might be better off.

If I never hear the words "glycogen replenishment" again, I would be happy. Arguing about glycogen replenishment drives me batsh*t crazy. Unless you are going to train legs in the morning then go hit them again in the afternoon, it's not a F**ing race to replenish that glycogen... you got time.
    Last edited by jked4life; 03-01-2009 at 05:41 PM.

nevermind I am just tired of everyone acting like im retarded when I ask questions trying to learn some things...
    i feel you i get criticized a lot too for just trying to gain some knowledge my mistake

To answer your question, any carb source would be fine. Some oats, fat free popcorn, bread, or whatever else you feel like. The notion that you need a sugary substance to "spike insulin" is ridiculous.
    Alright thanks for your input, i will try to find something good that i can take to school.
    Last edited by WeltDog; 03-01-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: wrong

devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i feel you i get criticized a lot too for just trying to gain some knowledge my mistake
    1. there is a search function for a reason
    2. The information is out there. Instead of asking what other people think/believe/say wouldn't you rather do your own research and find out the truth rather than opinions?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111082701

"Whether you believe you can, or believe you can't, You're right."

It's cool man I just ask questions and try to take the criticism...all I need is that one person that has some good info and that makes it worth it, good luck with training.

Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000)
    There's that little link on top "1000's Of Articles"... I've spent weeks there reading.

I mean... We could clear about 50% of the crap on these forums if people would stop asking the same ****ing questions.

IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000)
    its just carbs, eat some bread or some candy or some cereal or bring some pretzels. its not that hard
    Dude your sig is so cool. - xl achilles lx

Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118731061

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What other household or grocery store ingredient could I use as a carb source in place of the table sugar?
    On top of what was already mentioned, cereal, a big fat cinnamon raisin bagel, raisins, banana, pretzels, etc... or jelly beans or chocolate covered pretzels if you have a sweet tooth that needs to be taken care of like me
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    On top of what was already mentioned, cereal, a big fat cinnamon raisin bagel, raisins, banana, pretzels, etc... or jelly beans or chocolate covered pretzels if you have a sweet tooth that needs to be taken care of like me
    Oh man! Stop... I want a bear claw now, or a few cinnamon raisin bagels.

Maybe a bear claw and a tub of fatty ice cream. Lol.

This is aimed towards everyone person who says negative stuff towards other people...like my grandma always says "if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all", seriously why does it matter if people start forums that some people say are stupid, all they are trying to do is learn...next time you see some forum that you think is stupid just keep your mouth shut and dont go all into roid rage cuz it shouldnt bother you, ignore it!

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

You were the first person in the thread to mention insulin
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

MindoverBody21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindoverBody21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindoverBody21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindoverBody21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindoverBody21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindoverBody21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindoverBody21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindoverBody21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindoverBody21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindoverBody21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindoverBody21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    your body needs sugar to transport protein to the muscles...to me, PWO carbs are an absolute must

IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MindoverBody21 View Post
    your body needs sugar to transport protein to the muscles...to me, PWO carbs are an absolute must
    thats not an absolute, though
    Dude your sig is so cool. - xl achilles lx

Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118731061