marcusbarnes30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcusbarnes30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcusbarnes30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcusbarnes30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcusbarnes30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcusbarnes30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcusbarnes30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcusbarnes30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcusbarnes30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcusbarnes30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcusbarnes30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is there such a thing as too much protein

If I am 235 and eat 300g of protein daily which puts me over my caloric intake would i be inadvertently thwarting all my weight loss efforts?

Conversely, If I ate only 185g od protein would that be too little

Tomorrowsfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomorrowsfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomorrowsfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomorrowsfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomorrowsfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomorrowsfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomorrowsfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by marcusbarnes30 View Post
    If I am 235 and eat 300g of protein daily which puts me over my caloric intake would i be inadvertently thwarting all my weight loss efforts?
    Probably should take in less if it's putting you over your calories burned.

Depends on your build/stats, etc. If you would say you would be lean at 185 lbs, then 185g of protein would be fine.

NATURAL 4 LIFE! Hardcore Natural's Avatar
    Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000)
    A high protein intake while trying to lose fat is a good thing, but just like anything else in life, there is such a thing as "too much of anything is not good for you". Same goes for protein. When trying to lose fat safely and steadily, you will want to ensure that you're taking in enough protein, but also enough of other nutrients, like complex carbs and good fats. This rounds out your diet and will actually enhance fat loss.

Go with 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, and you should be good to go. Don't overkill on anything. And yes, calories over and beyond what your body can make positive use of will result in fat gain...even if those calories come from just protein.

-Todd
    ================================
    Bodybuild for yourself, nobody else!

Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000)

Yes, yes you would. If calories in are greater than calories out then you will gain weight. Drop the protein to 1g per 1 lbs of body weight (this should be considered the higher end of protein intake) and make up the rest with carbs and fats.
    Fierce 5 novice routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

All Pros beginner routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

Calculating calories and macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001

Multivitamin Creatine Monohydrate
    Fish Oil Whey

TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000)
    And use your goal weight for grams of protien not your current weight. So 185 grams is good if that's you goal.
    Owe:

dunkalicious

G I JoE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just drink protein shakes and have animal pak, protein and all your nutrients and minerals.. thats what am doing, ive lost around 5lbs past few days, cutting out snacks and crap really works and drinking alot of water. plus coming out of hospital i hadnt really done much for 2 weeks... so i cant wait to hit the gym and get some cardio on
    G.I.JOE beleive it and you'll achieve it.