RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

NEW WORKOUT ROUTINE!!! Need a bit of help.

Just a little about myself and what im doing.

Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 176
    BF%: Around 20

Goals: Lose fat, keep muscle. Want to lose another 16 lbs to be at 160 and hopefully a lot of BF will go with that.

Current Routine:

Monday: Weights
    Tuedays: Weights (10-20 light cardio walk/uphill)
    Wednesday: Off/Cardio (HIIT)
    Thursday: Weights
    Friday: Weights
    Saturday: OFF
    Sunday: HIIT Cardio
    Rotation:

Week1: Pull/Push/Legs/Pull
    Week2: Push/Legs/Pull/Push
    Week3: Legs/Pull/Push/Legs
    start over...

What im thinking about doing:

Sunday: HIIT Cardio
    Monday: Some kind of 5x5 program?
    Tuesday: HIIT Cardio
    Wednesday: Some kind of 5x5 program?
    Thursday: HIIT Cardio
    Friday: Some kind of 5x5 program?
    Saturday: OFF DAY (No cardio or weights, cheat meals)

Personally I love lifting weights, I'd rather just lift instead of doing cardio everyday, but I know that I have to get over this plateau that I've seem to hit and to lose this gut im going to have to change up my routine and get cardio in there and give it my 100%.

Any suggestions on a GOOD 5x5 or workout routine that will shed this fat? Barbell training? Bill Starr? Rippetoe? Need a little help here.

Thanks,
    Rich

Stronger Than Death BlackLabelMafia's Avatar
    BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lifting and eating right will do you more good than a bunch of cardio. Not that cardio is a bad thing, but hiit can also take a toll on your body's ability to recover, so you may want to keep it to only 1 or 2 days a week. If lifting and diet are correct, this will be more than enough. Also, 5x5 is a good way to go. Give it a shot and see. The most important thing is to stay with it if it's working and don't get routine a.d.d. and start switching up every couple of weeks.
    "Fatigue makes cowards of us all."
    -Lombardi 3:24

RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BlackLabelMafia View Post
    Lifting and eating right will do you more good than a bunch of cardio. Not that cardio is a bad thing, but hiit can also take a toll on your body's ability to recover, so you may want to keep it to only 1 or 2 days a week. If lifting and diet are correct, this will be more than enough. Also, 5x5 is a good way to go. Give it a shot and see. The most important thing is to stay with it if it's working and don't get routine a.d.d. and start switching up every couple of weeks.

I've lost a good 25 lbs in the last couple months but its seeming like this last 16lbs is killing me...what else is there to do?

Stronger Than Death BlackLabelMafia's Avatar
    BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackLabelMafia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RichL1982 View Post
    I've lost a good 25 lbs in the last couple months but its seeming like this last 16lbs is killing me...what else is there to do?
    What does your diet look like?
    "Fatigue makes cowards of us all."
    -Lombardi 3:24

Originally Posted by BlackLabelMafia View Post
    What does your diet look like?
    This is what I had today:

Morning: Dymatize Oats and Whey...Basically just protein and oats' added little fat free syrup and tsp natty pb
    Snack: Surpreme Bar 15g protein
    Lunch: Can of tuna, 1 slice Ezekiel bread, half Banana with tsp of Natty PB
    Snack: (post workout) 24 g ON protein shake
    Dinner: Piece of steak, 1 piece Ezekiel bread, tsp avacado, Half Cucumber
    Snack: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Multi grain rice cake with tsp PB.

This isnt every day. Sort of a weird day.

Most mornings ill have this:
    3 whole eggs, 1 white, Toast with PB

ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The more weight you lose, the harder it is to continue losing, especially reaching the lower spectrum of the BF% scale.

I dropped 15 lbs in 2 weeks pretty easily just cutting calories and being active in cardio everyday, but will probably struggle to lose 4-5lbs this next week. Just be rigorous about your diet and continue cardio, you'll get there.