the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

Week 191 :: Who Will Win The 2009 Arnold Classic Ms. International?

------------------------------------------------------------
    * Note: How can I win? 1. Answer all questions in the order that they are asked. 2. Go over reviews (located at the bottom of past TOTW articles) and see what was said about those that did not win. Good Luck!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC: Who Will Win The 2009 Arnold Classic Ms. International?

For the week of: February 26th - March 3rd
    Tuesday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The time is upon us once again: The women have been training hard and are ready for the first big show of the year... the Arnold Classic Ms. International, Fitness, & Figure Championships. The line-up this year is stellar and will surely not disappoint. Who might take top honors for the women this year? Let's find out!

Who do you think will win the 2009 Ms. International? Why?

What do you think the top 10 will look like? Why do you put them in this order?

Who will win the Ms. Fitness & Ms. Figure Competition? Why?

What do you think the top 3 will be for the Fitness & Figure Competitors?

Why did you put them in this order?

Ms. International
    1. Betty Pariso
    2. Betty Viana-Adkins
    3. Brenda Raganot
    4. Cathy Lefrancois-Priest
    5. Dayana Cadeau
    6. Debi Laszewski
    7. Dena Westerfield
    8. Heather Armbrust
    9. Iris Floyd Kyle
    10. Isabelle Turell
    11. Mah-Ann Mendoza
    12. Mari Carmen Gomez
    13. Rosemary Jennings
    14. Yaxeni Oriquen-Garcia

Ms. Fitness International
    1. Bethany Gainey
    2. Erin Riley
    3. Heidi Fletcher
    4. Jennifer Hendershott
    5. Jessica Clay
    6. Julie Palmer
    7. Mindi O'Brien
    8. Nicole Duncan
    9. Nicole Wilkins Lee
    10. Oksana Grishina
    11. Regiane Da Silva
    12. Shannon Meteraud
    13. Tanji Johnson
    14. Tina Durkin
    15. Tracey Greenwood
    16. Trish Warren

Ms. Figure International
    1. Adela Garcia
    2. Amy Fry
    3. Brenda Marie Smith
    4. Chastity Slone
    5. Erin Stern
    6. Felicia Romero
    7. Georgina Lona
    8. Gina Aliotti
    9. Heather Mae French
    10. Huong Arcinas
    11. Juliana Malacarne
    12. Kristal Richardson
    13. Latisha Wilder
    14. Lenay Hernandez
    15. Monica Brant-Peckham
    16. Sherlyn Roy
    17. Sonia Adcock
    18. Zivile Raudoniene

Bonus Question: Have you ever attended the Arnold Classic and Expo? If so, what did you think of it and how was your experience? Was it what you thought it would be? How could it be made better?

-------------------------------------------------------------

* New Rule (beginning: June 1st, 2006): Any exercise not listed on our exercise listing (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm) must be accompanied by a full and complete description and pictures (or a link to the exercise(s) where pictures and description are given).

Thanks.

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $75 in credit to use in our online store! The other good responses will be used in an article on the main Bodybuilding.com site, with the poster's forum name listed by it. Become famous!

Thanks!
    Webmaster
    Bodybuilding.com
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

King Of Video Reviews History in Effect's Avatar
    History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000)
    this is going to be so hard...to do this time around.lol
    Georgia Crew
    >>>>Misc Cologne Crew<<<<
    Sperrys and Polos

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I think it is Betty Viana's year to win the Ms I. After placing 7th at this venue last year, she really dialed it perfectly at the Ms O to place 2nd. I think Betty's hungry for the big win here, and has perhaps the best X frame in the FBB circuit today.

My top 10:

1 - Betty Viana-Adkins

Shape, size, symmetry. What more can you ask for?

2 - Iris Kyle

She has it all, and is the one to beat. Despite her O win, I see a changing of the guard. I do not see a repeat of last year; she should not place lower than 3.

3 - Isabelle Turell-Stamper

Note the name change, she was married to David Stamper (Indiana NPC co-chairman and judge) recently.

I predict this new Pro is going to shake up the ranks. She is simply incredible. If she brings more to the stage than at her 2008 USA's win, she can definitely hang with the seasoned Pros.

4 - Dayana Cadeau

Dayana is consistently at the top of her game. She took 2nd last year in Columbus and could well again, but despite how amazing her physique, this lineup is so stacked I can't find a spot for her above 4.

5 - Cathy Lefrancois

Though smaller than a lot of the top Pros, Cathy is the queen of conditioning and grace. I think she'll move up a spot from last year, and rightfully so.

6 - Yaxeni Oriquen-Garcia

I feel crazy placing the 2008 winner in the 6 spot, but like I said with Dayana, if not here, then where? If she replicates her conditioning from last Arnold, I could be way off, but she was not as good as she can be at this past O, which was the last time I saw her in person.

7 - Mah-Ann Mendoza

Though she hasn't done the Ms I since 2006, I see Mah-Ann faring well this year. Coming off a 2nd place finish in Atlantic City and 8th at the O, she is another smaller competitor with killer conditioning. Minor tweaks and she is definitely a top 10 contender.

8 - Brenda Raganot

Similar in presentation to Mah-Ann, I see her dropping from her 5 spot for 2008.

9 - Heather Policky

Though she, like Belle Turell, has incredible size, shape and potential, she was unable to nail her conditioning at the 2008 O, and has recently had some dental issues. Structurally, she is higher than 9th, but will sh bring a package worthy of that structure?

10 - Battling it out for the 10 spot are:

Rosemary, thick as hell, but the waist is getting there also
    Betty Pariso, the athlete's rep, experienced, but with experience comes age
    Dr Dena, always ripped, but not symmetrical from top to bottom
    Debi L, beautiful, but also lacking in the legs
    Maria Gomez

I'm going to go for Debi L - best poser and 5th place at the NY Pro, and she can only improve from here.

Fitness:

Tracey Greenwood. She had a killer 2008 season after placing 5th last year, and with Kim Klein out, I think she has what it takes to beat Jen Hen and Julie Palmer, the only returning Fitness Pro's who beat her in '08.

Figure:

Huong Arcinas. This tiny competitor is virtually flawless. Her delts were very dominant when she turned Pro, but now she is symmetrical and small, which is what the judges want.

Fitness:

1 - Tracey Greenwood

2 - Jen Hen

The crowd loves her high energy routines and she is always well conditioned. She placed 2nd last year as well.

3 - Julie Palmer

I see her repeating her placing from 2008.

------------

Figure:

1 - Huong Arcinas

2 - Gina Aliotti

Last year's winner, and placed 2nd at the O to Jen Gates, who dropped out of this Figure I.

3 - Zivile Raudoniene

The NY Pro winner took 3rd place at the O behind Gina, and I see the same fate in Columbus next week.

Bonus Question: Have you ever attended the Arnold Classic and Expo? If so, what did you think of it and how was your experience? Was it what you thought it would be? How could it be made better?

I attend the Arnold Classic and Expo, and this will be my 4th time. I am a member of Team Prolab, and work at the Prolab Nutrition booth Thursday through Sunday, so please come by and introduce yourselves to me!

The Arnold is a huge event and a great competition. I especially like the addition of the NPC Arnold Amateur, and getting to see my other supplement industry and bodybuilding friends from other parts of the country - it's like a muscular family reunion!

The only improvements I could think of are wider aisles at the expo since it gets so crowded, and perhaps fewer protein farts!
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

jeffschneider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

And the winner is......

Monica Brant Peckham
    Stay sexy my friends.

History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000)

Iris Kyle. You will see why below or if your at the Arnold you will see why up close and in person.

1) Iris Kyle-She is one of the best athletes to step on any stage.She came to the Olympia last year to prove that she is the best and she did by placing number one. Kyle is muscular and ripped to the bone. When you think of conditioning in males, you think Silvio. In females, you better think of Iris Kyle. She won't be beat by another. The true test is battling herself.

2) Betty Adkins-She finished second behind Kyle in the Olympia and she will do the same in this competition. She will have to come in extremely ripped and conditioned to come close to Kyle. Still, her true test is going to be keeping that second place spot when you have Yaxeni Oriquen-Garcia breathing down your throat.

3) Yaxeni Oriquen Garcia- She won last year's Arnold Classic and she comes in this year to prove once again that she can challenge Iris Kyle. She is no doubt big on stage, but I don't see her coming close to beating Kyle.

4) Dayana Cadeau- Every time I see her pose, it looks majestic and magical. Her posing is first class. She finished 5th behind Lisa Auckland at the Olympia, but not this time. Cadeau will be ready to compete and she will be dynamic.

5) Cathy LeFrancois- She was a sixth place finisher at the Olympia last year, but I see this wonderful lady moving up a place. From the back, her back is not only massive, but the veins are just waiting to bust out.

6) Heather Armbrust- She has so much potential to be in the top 5, it just comes down to being ripped and conditioned. When she's on, its top 3 no doubt. If she is off, then its top 5. Only Heather knows..

7) Betty Pariso-She finished seventh at the Olympia this year and she will end up in the same place. She got female Dorian Yates look going. She is hard and grainy when it comes to posing. This lineup is tough, so I have her in this position.

8) Mah-Ann Mendoza-She will also finish in eighth as she did in the Olympia. She has nice size and her quads are ripped to shreds.

9) Isabelle Turell-She is a new pro to the sport, but that does not mean anything. She has the size, but she can be a little harder and conditioned. I place her here for the simple fact that I have no clue how she will look. In fact, she could end up in the top 5. She looks that good as a newcomer.

10) Brenda Raganot-She finished 5th last year in the Arnold. She has a great overall body which is highlighted by amazing legs and a tight upper body. A little more size needed to break into top 5.

Jennifer Hendershott for Fitness and Gina Aliotti for Figure.

Fitness
    1)Jennifer Hendershott-She has a great routine and is very athletic. She will win.

2)Tracey Greenwood- She was second at the Olympia last year and her routine is amazing. She just has to tune in her physique to the fullest to be better than Jennifer. I don't see that from happening though.

3)Julie Palmer-She has a lovely body, but it comes down to her routine to see where she is placed. If her routine is on point, she could shake up this contest.

Figure
    1)Gina Aliotti-Even with Adele Garcia in the mix, this is Gina's to win. She won last year and she will win again. Her gorgeous smile and her amazing body is a one-two punch that is too hard to beat. As long as she doesn't come in too muscular, she will win.

2)Adela Garcia- She is back folks, so get ready. This is indeed a hard lineup to judge, but I have to put her in second place. She is always a threat in this contest, but I feel Gina has this contest.

3)Zivile Raudoniene-She was third at the Olympia this year and she will finish third in this contest. She could break into the top two if she puts on a little more muscle. She looks amazing on stage, but does not have enough muscle to place first in my opinion.
    Georgia Crew
    Sperrys and Polos

regalsaint has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jeffschneider View Post
    Monica Brant Peckham
    Eh possible

PhD in Broscience, 2009 soundcheck129's Avatar
    soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The time is upon us once again: The women have been training hard and are ready for the first big show of the year... the Arnold Classic Ms. International, Fitness, & Figure Championships. The line-up this year is stellar and will surely not disappoint. Who might take top honors for the women this year? Let's find out!

While there are certainly some big names competing on the men's side and a lot of talk swirling around the return of Victor Martinez, the elite female bodybuilders will be putting on quite a show as well. The competition will be just as fierce as veterans return and new faces battle to prove themselves on the big stage.

I'm going to have to give the crown to Yaxeni Oriquen-Garcia. This is a competitor who knows what it takes to prevail at the Arnold Classic because she took home first place in this competition last year. You can't underestimate the intimidation factor as well as the confidence boost this will give Garcia.

1. Yaxeni Oriquen-Garcia
    As I mentioned above, Garcia is no stranger to the Arnold stage and has conquered it in the past. This may put a target on her back, but this is a woman who thrives under pressure. While some point to her third place finish at the Olympia as evidence of her falling off of her game, I see that as a bump in the road and a major motivation to be in the best shape of her career. Garcia packs the most muscle of any woman I've seen and is absolutely shredded.

2. Iris Floyd Kyle
    Kyle is a popular choice to take home first place at the Arnold, and it's easy to see why. Flawless symmetry, massive quads and a wide back all testify to the dedication of this competitor. However, her poor performance here last year still scares me a bit. While she seemed to be back on the top of her game at the Olympia, she can't afford to make any mistakes this time around, and the ghost of Arnold past may keep her out of first.

3. Betty Viana-Adkins
    Looking at Adkins, it doesn't surprise me that she has a degree in Business Administration, because when she hits the stage, she is definitely all business. Tight abs, great symmetry and bulging biceps are just a few parts of this nearly flawless physique. Adkins has had a tough time finding just what the judges are looking for lately, with a disappointing 7th at last year's Arnold. And though she earned second at the Olympia, this competition is just tight enough to squeeze her down to third.

4. Dayana Cadeau
    Her height may be only 5'4", but that's the only thing small about Cadeau. With perhaps the widest back out of any of the competitors and massive quads to match, she does not leave much to criticize. It's no wonder Cadeau is Canada's finest female bodybuilder. However, I don't see her being the finest at the Arnold, though she has come close, finishing second here last year and at the 2007 Olympia.

5. Isabelle Turell
    This may be Turell's first appearance at the Arnold, but that doesn't mean she's unprepared. Her career started off with a bang with a first place finish in the Orlando Classic in 2000 and she has only progressed since then. Turell has a great figure and trains like a beast - her website notes she can leg press 1400lbs for 5 reps! Turell also has played soccer and run track, so she is no stranger to conditioning.

6. Cathy LeFrancois-Priest
    LeFrancois-Priest occasionally takes some flak because she's not as "big" as other competitors, but I don't think that's a valid argument - just look at how massive her back is! She has shown that she can be shredded in the past, placing first at the 2008 New York Pro, although I don't think she'll do as well against this crowd. Still, LeFrancois-Priest has experience and the backing of Gaspari Nutrition, so you can't exactly count her out either - look for a respectable sixth.

7. Heather Armbrust
    If there were ever any doubts about how serious Armbrust was about training, they were shattered when she and her husband took ownership of Colorado Pro Gym. Her figure matches her actions, too - she packs on a LOT of mass for her frame and her posing is near-flawless. Armbrust has had some great finishes in the past, including back-to-back firsts at the NPC USA in 2005 and 2006, but she seems to have lost a step from that peak and I see her as a low top-ten finisher here.

8. Brenda Raganot
    She may be small, but don't count her out - she did place fifth here last year. Amid the tough field this time around though, I don't expect her to fare quite as well. What Raganot lacks in size she makes up for in shreddedness, but I don't know if the judges will see that as enough to earn higher than eighth.

9. Betty Pariso
    Considering her fourth place finish last year, putting Pariso at ninth may seem unfair, but you do have to consider that she is probably the oldest competitor here. This does give her a lot of experience, but there's only so much that can do, especially since she is not facing total rookies. Like it or not, conditioning and figure competitions tend to favor younger competitors. Pariso still has her physique but unless she really spices something up I'm not expecting too much.

10. Mah-Ann Mendoza
    Mendoza, like Raganot, is a little small to push some of the other competitors out of the way, despite her impressive physique. She has muscle and experience, but her last appearance at the Arnold resulted in an 11th place finish in 2006, so I'm a bit hesitant to place her any higher than 10th. However, she has a great V-taper and ripped abs, so she may have some suprises.

WILD CARD: Rosemary Jennings
    Jennings squeezes in an amazing amount of mass onto her 5'2" frame, with her arms, legs and back all huge and seemingly ready to burst. While she hasn't shown the conditioning or level of shred that her competitors have in the past, I think she has the potential to put in a surprising performance and land in the top ten.

Ms. Fitness: Jen Hendershott
    Everything seems to be going for Hendershott here - she has placed second the last two years, and the Arnold is in her home state. I don't think she'll disappoint the local crowd. Hendershott is enthusiastic, which adds an extra element to her phenomenal physique. She also knowns the ins and outs of training, running Phat Camps to help other women get in great shape. A recent interview with Hendershott also made me think she's ironed out the details that will move her from second to first, as she's made changes to her diet and training. And oh yeah...she placed first at the Olympia for Ms. Fitness.

Ms. Figure: Zivile Raudoniene
    Only one word can adequately describe Raudoniene - wow. With her flawless physique, it's no wonder she's emerged victorious twice from the New York Pro Figure. While she did place third at the Olympia, I think she will put in the necessary work to improve her ranking at the Arnold. She knows what it takes to win and her days of finishing behind Gina Aliotti are over.

Ms. Fitness

1. Jen Hendershott
    As noted above, Hendershott is athletic, enthusiastic and in extremely good shape. She'll have the hometown crowd behind her and her experience leading Phat Camp shows that she's not a follower, so first place seems to be hers.

2. Tracey Greenwood
    This competitor has a heart-stopping physique and a solid routine. In fact, if Hendershott weren't performing, Greenwood would have first place all locked up. She is strong, symmetrical and very athletic. This muscular competitor also boasts a PhD in Exercise Physiology, so she knows exactly how to treat her body. Ladies and gentleman, this doctor is in.

3. Regiane Da Silva
    I may be going out on a limb with this prediction but I believe Da Silva has what it takes to be a top competitor at the Arnold. She brings a huge amount of energy that absolutely dazzles the stage and has symmetry unmatched by nearly any other woman in this contest. Simply put, Da Silva makes being muscular look classy and fantastic. Though she hasn't placed this well in the past, I think she is ironing out the necessary wrinkles in her routine and training and is well on her way toward the top.

Ms. Figure

1. Zivile Raudoniene
    Even if she weren't a bodybuilder, Raudoniene would turn heads with her looks. She is simply stunning and impossible to overlook. Thankfully, she also had the benefit of some intense training at the Lithuanian Academy of Physical Education, and the work ethic Raudoniene developed their is evident in her figure today.

2. Gina Aliotti
    The defending champ obviously has a lot of knowledge about what it takes to win the Arnold. Aliotti has enough muscle to make many of the male competitors insecure, has great symmetry and knows how to pose. She trains hard five days per week in the gym and has been training since her teens so if there's a competitor that's in tune with her body, Aliotti is it. Unfortunately, her massive amount of muscle can be a disadvantage as well, and I think she may prove to be too bulky for the judge's tastes this time around.

3. Erin Stern
    Stern is making her pro debut at the Arnold and I think the new girl on the block is going to impress a lot of people. While she doesn't have the experience of the other competitors, she can compete - Stern placed first in her class at the 2008 NPC National Championships. Stern is tall and lithe and if she puts on a bit more muscle she will have a very strong showing. She's shredded to the core and it will be hard not to take notice of this newcomer.

Sadly, I have never had the chance to attend the Arnold, but this one is shaping up to be a great one. It's hard to imagine anyone walking away disappointed, considering the fantastic field of competitors as well as all the other events going on during the weekend. The fact that representatives from gyms, supplement companies and the general public all get together to celebrate eachother's achievements is an amazing thing. Even though I am not attending this year, I am still excited about it and can't wait to see what the Arnold brings. Good luck to all the athletes involved!
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

Free H:VOL! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165477791

Certified Personal Trainer - PM for Training and Nutrition

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX Nutrition. Consult a medical professional whenever your health is concerned.

I love me some Gina Aliotti. a little muscle is fine with me.lol
    Georgia Crew
    Sperrys and Polos

Registered User big game hunter's Avatar
    big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

2009 Arnold for the ladies

Who do I think will win the 2009 Ms. International? Why?

What do I think the top 10 will look like? Why do I put them in this order?

WOW. Take a look at the line up this time folks. Is this going to be a treat for fans or what? I certainly pity the judges for having to select the very best of the best. I really love the Arnold Classic purely for the reason that there is no shortage of anticipation, performances, thrills and awesome victories. This list took a long time for me to arrive at. Trust me folks - I really would not want to miss the action at the show.

First of all, let me start off with my pick on who is going to win the 2009 Ms. International.

I think it is going to be Betty Viana-Adkins this time. She has the perfect frame that a show like this needs and I bet she has been training hard in order to be able to bring her perfectly tapered frame to the stage. This is going to add to her aesthetics and will help her win the title.

Now, here is my list of females who will make it to the top ten at the 2009 Ms. International this year at the Arnold Classic

1 - Betty Viana Adkins - Betty has great delts, legs and back. If Tony Freeman is the X-man of bodybuilding, Betty Viana is the X-lady of bodybuilding. She has a lovely taper working for her. However, she lacks ever so slightly in the conditioning department. Which I feel she has taken note of and is going to overcome it, thereby taking a title victory this time.

2 - Iris Kyle - Iris is very big, hard, ripped and complete. She is one of the most muscular women out there. However, I do not think she is going to beat Betty Vianna this time or tie her like the last year. The competition on stage is going to be a little too much even for this Miss Olympia. If she brings in the posing routine of her lifetime, she could hope for a top spot finish. But as of now, I would say she is going to bag second spot.

3 - Dayana Cadeau - Well, what can be said about Dayana. She is graceful and strong on all counts, with hardly any weaknesses and has a pretty good posing routine. One of the few places she lacks in comparison to the other top contenders is in the taper. Dayana definitely has the stuff that can place her in the top ranks in any competition she enters. But, I think she is going to be edged out by Viana and Kyle. I would love to see her perform though. She definitely knows what she is doing on stage. Dayana is going to take third in my book.

4 - Cathy Lefrancois-Priest - She is arguably the most beautiful competitor in the line up. Aesthetics plus symmetry plus conditioning plus definition plus grace equals Cathy. If there is something negative that has to be said about her, it will be with regard to her smaller size. But I do not think her size is going to keep her out of the top four. Cathy is going to take fourth spot this time according to me.

5 - Yaxeni Oriquen - Yaxeni looks terrific from a distance as well as up close. She has size and symmetry, but her mid section needs to be worked on. She should ensure that coming in with extra size does not create a mess of her midsection. She also needs to nail her conditioning. She needs to come in as ripped as possible in order to take on the line up on stage this time around. If she can work on getting ultra ripped, I bet she can win a few of these big titles in future. I predict a fifth spot finish for her this time around.

6 - Heather Armbrust - Heather is definitely tip top material. She has a well rounded game with razor sharp definition. She could surprise a few people with her performances in this show as well as upcoming ones that she will be in. She is well on the rise to stardom. Keep up the good work Heather. I give Heather sixth spot.

7 - Betty Pariso - Betty is a great athlete. She never fails to impress people watching her perform. When you talk about Betty Pariso, you are probably talking about age versus grace and in this case her grace wins. She has a great upper body and is capable of ending up in the top ten even this time. I predict a seventh spot finish for her. Though much can be said about her grace on stage and the way she carries herself, unfortunately I do not think her age is going to allow her to place higher than this.

8 - Isabelle Turell - Isabelle has a great set of legs. This is going to help her score big. We all know what a difference a good set of legs can make to the scoring. She has a decent upper body, and if she comes in with good definition especially on the upper body, she is going to be a major force to recon with. Isabelle is going to take eighth spot in my view.

9 - Brenda Raganot - Brenda is another female in the smaller category, but has well chiseled frame with all the femininity in the world. But her lack of size is going to hinder her when she is on stage with the other girls in this line up. This is going to push her down to ninth spot this time around.

10 - Mah-Ann Mendoza - Mah is the surprise package. Mah is one of the smaller competitors. What she lacks in size, she makes up for in symmetry definition and condition. She has to come in at her ripped best in order to end up in the top ten with some of the bigger and better girls on stage. Her placing all depends on how ripped she can come in this time. I predict she will end up at the tenth spot.

What do I think the top 3 will be for the Fitness & Figure Competitors?
    Why did I put them in this order?

Ms. Fitness -

This time it is going to be Jennifer Hendershott with the title victory. With Kim Klein out of the picture, Jennifer has it wide open for her. She definitely deserves the title if she can come up with what she did in her last show. She was snapping on Kim Kleins heels last year but I feel it is going to be Jennifers year this time whether Kim is in the frame or not. She has the moves, the stretches and she is able to go through tough routines with grace and fluid transitions. Bring on the energy levels - bring on Jennifer Hendershott.

Top three for Ms. Fitness -

1 - Jennifer Hendershott - Jennifer could so easily have had the title last year. But Kim was good enough on that day to win. This time around though it will be a different story. With Jennifers charm, personality, poise, elegance, glamour, skin and muscle tone and excellent dynamic presentation who else would you expect me to pick as top contender ? It is hard to believe that not too long ago, rumors about this beautiful athletes retirement were running the rounds. I am certainly glad the fitness world did not lose her. She has got great stuff in store for us in the 2009 Arnold show. That is almost a guarantee.

2 - Tracey Greenwood - Tracey has been in excellent form all through 2008. Tracey can definitely end up in the top three positions in any competition she enters. Again, with Kim Klein out of the way, Tracey only has to look at Jennifer Hendershott as the hurdle to success at the 2009 Arnold Fitness show. I think Tracey will end up at second spot.

3 - Julie Palmer - Julie Palmer has said that she has been preparing herself to rock the stage at the 2009 Arnold Classic Fitness show. She had better be ready to go. With the likes of Tracey and Jennifer, it is not going to be easy to nail a position within the top two slots. Julie is going to be placed third according to me.

Ms. Figure -

In my view, Gina Aliotti is going to take the title this year. Gina has a balance of muscle, grace, posing sense and presentation skills. She looks good from all angles and with her good run last year, she can hope to take the title this year too.

Top three for Ms. Figure -

1 - Gina Aliotti - A good all round game and presentation skills is going to seal the deal this year too for Gina Aliotti. She is going to win the Ms. Figure 2009 at the Arnold Classic.

2 - Zivile Raudoniene - Zivile looks a little stiff when she need not be - I dare say. She needs to let go of what is holding her from within. She is definitely a future champ in my books. With her natural curvy body, second spot is on the cards for Zivile.

3 - Kristal Richardson - Kristal is firm and well toned and looks fabulous in her posing wear. There is no doubt that she is going to edge out the other talented girls in the line up to take third spot.

Bonus Question: Have I ever attended the Arnold Classic and Expo? If so, what did I think of it and how was my experience? Was it what I thought it would be? How could it be made better?

Sadly, No. I have not been to an Arnold Classic and Expo ever, but I do however have a gym guide and an extremely fit friend who made it to two Arnold Classic Expos and shows apart from countless other big competitions. Now, the world is all about information and information sharing. After healthy discussions with the friend I referred to, we were able to come up with some good points about the whole show and also certain stuff that we feel should be added at the earliest. Here goes -

When a show brings in over hundreds of thousands of spectators and fans from all over the world, you can bet that it is something special. Arnold Classic is one of the most anticipated events in the Fitness world and for good reason ? it showcases the best talent in the world. And is a great place to have a good time once a year.

However, there are ways in which the expo can be improved and these I list as follows -

1. Benefits of fitness and exercising need to be enhanced at such shows, by the use of presentations, booklets etc. So that newbies can be put on the right track and the experienced ones can reassess their own training if needed.

2. More information on how women can incorporate fitness into their everyday lives needs to be given out so as to increase the popularity among women and break certain myths.

3. Such shows are a definite motivation to anyone who is looking to get into exercising. Therefore, there need to be stalls where people can be counseled and guided on how to manage time in order to be able to incorporate exercising into their busy, everyday lives. People love and need such advice in todays world. These additions will ensure that the Arnold Classic is responsible for increasing fitness awareness amongst people and will lead to a larger number of people taking to training on a regular basis.
    Last edited by big game hunter; 03-03-2009 at 06:13 PM.

candyrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) candyrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) candyrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Betty Viana's is great

--------------------------------------
    my big fun of star trek voyager dvd