sicktits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

low intesity for beginner?

I'm getting serious into lifting finally and really want to start out right.

Ive been working out consistently this month but I've been trying to do high intensity low volume, but Im getting the idea that maybe this isnt the best way to start out. By this I mean I'm doing three sets, 8reps 4reps 2resp

My form is usually sloppy and I don't really feel my workouts targeting the muscle groups they should be (chest days my arms get the most of it).

Do you think I should lower my weights and do higher reps until I can get the hang of my workouts? Or is it better to stick with it and learn to deal with the heavier weights?
    In God I trust

king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sicktits View Post
    I'm getting serious into lifting finally and really want to start out right.

Ive been working out consistently this month but I've been trying to do high intensity low volume, but Im getting the idea that maybe this isnt the best way to start out. By this I mean I'm doing three sets, 8reps 4reps 2resp

My form is usually sloppy and I don't really feel my workouts targeting the muscle groups they should be (chest days my arms get the most of it).

Do you think I should lower my weights and do higher reps until I can get the hang of my workouts? Or is it better to stick with it and learn to deal with the heavier weights?
    Never sacrifice form for weight when bodybuilding. Lower the weight get the form down then raise the weight up again. Why sets with 2 reps? Try 8,6,6 or a variation.
    "I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't"

I may not be the biggest and I may not be the strongest, but pound 4 pound.....Yeah I'm up there.

I train because I have a beautiful daughter and unfortunately, one day she will be a beautiful teenager.

rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    King pretty much said what needed to be said. Lower the weight, establish mind muscle connection, then watch as you grow.

Try pyramid sets. For bench, go 12,10,8,6,4. With evey new set, add on 5lbs. I dont care if your benching 50lbs for 12 reps, get the form down, watch your nutrition, get plenty of sleep and rest, and youll be amazed at how fast youll grow.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP: unless your avatar is distorted, looking at your legs in that picture, I find it hard to believe that you are only 136 pounds...is this correct???

and, you answered your own question in your opening post.....