Page 51 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 3320
    Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey

No one should ever feel like they have to be polite when it comes to food.
    It's your body, your goal, and your choice.
    It wouldn't be much different if you had a food allergy, or just down-right dispised the food...you'd refuse then, right?
    Same with your contest prep
    Stick to it girlie!

In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Indian foodfest..

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and support. Much appreciated!! It turned really well after all. My host BBQ'd a whack-load of tandori chicken legs. He removed the skin then marinated them in yogurt and curry. Excellent ! That is on my list of OK things to eat. He also served up perfectly cooked basmati rice, sag paneer (spinach with some kind of cheese), vindaloo organic beef and samosas. Ooooh and the freshest, sweetest smelling Naan bread on earth. I had 1 chicken leg, a teaspoon of vindaloo, a teaspoon of sag paneer and a small piece of Naan. So, I was very good. Not much of a cheat at all. Yay!!

Originally Posted by deltpecx View Post
    Maybe if you explain to your friends that you're dieting for a comp and then invite them to come and cheer you on , it might be less tense when you refuse some of the food.
    I don't like to make a fuss and bring attention to myself I guess. But they could see that I was "in great shape". So they didn't mind hearing about the diet and certainly supported me.

Originally Posted by MoEcho View Post
    TWO WEEKS! I can't friggin wait!
    Me too!! Can't wait til it's OVER !! Hope you can come!

Originally Posted by dawndm View Post
    I sometimes eat Indian cuisine too. My trick is to only pick out the meat/chicken from the sauce and to shake off any excess. That way, you can still taste some of the marinade but avoid eating the fatty sauces even though they are yummy.

Also another tip, do most of the talking and the others won't really notice you're not eating that much. That parts easy for me!
    That is an excellent tip! I'm not a big talker tho. But I could try it.

Originally Posted by BrandyTKO View Post
    Awwww...shucks, thanks! LOL, that is my exact problem, can't drop everything in a meeting and say excuse me I gotta eat...or even shake up some protein, should be acceptable, but its not...rrrr...now if only we can get everyone in the boardroom on board with our lifestyle, we'd all be cracking open the tupperware and shaking our drinks.
    Haha Sometimes I bring a shaker cup in with me. But I usually try to time my meals before and after.

Awesome workout! Nice PR's too! I enjoy smoked salmon as my afternoon snack with a stick or two of celery, very tasty and my cat seems to hang around the whole time....hmmmm...LOVE IT and a good source of Omega fats!
    I'm going to pick up some more. I quite enjoyed it. Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner!

Originally Posted by Buffycat3 View Post
    Hey

It wouldn't be much different if you had a food allergy, or just down-right dispised the food...you'd refuse then, right?
    Stick to it girlie!

You are so right, Joan. Thanks! I just hate being picky. I was always known for being the one who would eat anything and would often finish other people's plates ! Food has always been a passion. I hate to turn it down. Haha I discovered that I didn't have to turn it down, just be more select in my choices and keep the portions SMALL. It all worked out. Thank goodness. I still got in at about 1100 calories yesterday.

... Gotta run, but will post more about my frustration with legs and work-out shortly...
    anne-marie

Scivation contest prep forum:

Spring 2011 contest prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=604035473#post604035473
    Spring 2010 contest prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=433766611#post433766611
    Spring 2009 contest prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=604035473

www.twitter.com/annebrugger

Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by annemarie_DJ View Post
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions and support. Much appreciated!! It turned really well after all. My host BBQ'd a whack-load of tandori chicken legs. He removed the skin then marinated them in yogurt and curry. Excellent ! That is on my list of OK things to eat. He also served up perfectly cooked basmati rice, sag paneer (spinach with some kind of cheese), vindaloo organic beef and samosas. Ooooh and the freshest, sweetest smelling Naan bread on earth. I had 1 chicken leg, a teaspoon of vindaloo, a teaspoon of sag paneer and a small piece of Naan. So, I was very good. Not much of a cheat at all. Yay!!
    Well..Yay to you!
    You had what you thought was going to be an uncomfortable evening, that turned out good and fun for all!

I've never had Indian food before..have you? before this time?
    I've heard of it, mostly from when I started as a member in here, and read it in other people's thread.
    I've also seen it on TV/Movie...but never ate it before.
    and it sounds Yumo...esp the way you describe it

Originally Posted by AnneMarie
    I don't like to make a fuss and bring attention to myself I guess. But they could see that I was "in great shape". So they didn't mind hearing about the diet and certainly supported me.
    <---makes me smile.

Originally Posted by AneMarie
    That is an excellent tip! I'm not a big talker tho. But I could try it.
    Huh?
    I never thought this of you...Are you really not a talker?
    I got the impression you are the 'star of the show', the 'center of attention', 'miss social butterfly'

Originally Posted by AnnMarie

Haha Sometimes I bring a shaker cup in with me. But I usually try to time my meals before and after.
    Gooood!
    So do I.
    ...um, time my meals, that is...I don't have meetings..heh!

Originally Posted by AnneMarie
    You are so right, Joan. Thanks! I just hate being picky. I was always known for being the one who would eat anything and would often finish other people's plates ! Food has always been a passion. I hate to turn it down. Haha I discovered that I didn't have to turn it down, just be more select in my choices and keep the portions SMALL. It all worked out. Thank goodness. I still got in at about 1100 calories yesterday.

... Gotta run, but will post more about my frustration with legs and work-out shortly...
    Well, I don't see you as being picky...but then again, I understand your way of eating.
    You did great at the get-together.
    You stayed within your calories, and had a great social evening...Good For You!

I'll be back to read your frustrated leg workout..Humm Curious!

Last edited by Buffycat3; 04-25-2010 at 03:04 PM.
    In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how was your weekend?
    BMW Crew

annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Legzz - 3 sets

I had a great practice with Vanda yesterday. She is great at helping me figure out some poses and turns and walk - particularly for the fitness model category. Since I'm not a swanky model, I need all the help I can get. LOL However, there are alot of mirrors in her studio and I just didn't like what I was seeing. I don't know but my thighs are not as tight as they should be at this point. If I hadn't signed up for this comp already, I think I would have put it off until later. Soooo, I dunno... Vanda recommended sissy squats and I did some leg presses today - first time in 11 months!!! Let's hope the next 2 weeks will make the difference. I'm mad now!!! (This also helped me not cheat so much last night... I was quite worried and discouraged).

Cardio 1
    35 minute run with doggy.

Legs
    DY Deads: 95x10; 95x12; 105x10 (Yes, I'm doing deads both on back day and leg day!)
    ss/ Squats: 95x11; 115x10; 125x10 Good form
    Lying ham curls: 80x11; 95x5+; 85x8
    Leg presses: 90x12; 90x12; 90x12 Oh yeah!! post injury PR
    Decline abs: 10x20; 10x20
    Sissy squats: 3 sets x 10
    Single ham curls: 65x8; 65x8; 70x8
    ss/ Single leg extension: 70x10; 75x8; 75x8
    LF Butt blaster glute machine: 100x10; 100x10; 100x10

Cardio 2
    25 minutes on the Stairmill

I'm going to try to add a doggy run everyday this week. Trying to lose fat - but not mass!! Tricky!! I feel better/hopeful with this leg workout. I think I'll do more sissy squats and glute bridges during the week. Not waiting until next leg day.

Well..Yay to you!
    I've never had Indian food before..have you? before this time?

Huh?
    I never thought this of you...Are you really not a talker?
    I got the impression you are the 'star of the show', the 'center of attention', 'miss social butterfly'

Well, I don't see you as being picky...but then again, I understand your way of eating.
    You did great at the get-together.
    You stayed within your calories, and had a great social evening...Good For You!

I'll be back to read your frustrated leg workout..Humm Curious!

Thanks Joan, yes indeed I had a great time. OK well, I guess I am gregarious..but not chatty chatty. No, I'm not picky. I've even had brains au beurre noir (we're European). Can't say that I'll have it again. But I'll try anything once.
    Yes, I most certainly have had Indian food. Lots of times. Quite regularly in fact. It's wonderful. Highly aromatic and comforting.
    Originally Posted by ejamiec View Post
    how was your weekend?
    It was busy. See above!
    Last edited by annemarie_DJ; 04-25-2010 at 04:43 PM.
    anne-marie

Spring 2011 contest prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=604035473#post604035473
    Spring 2010 contest prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=433766611#post433766611
    Spring 2009 contest prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=604035473

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1100 Calories?? I would be soooooo hungry.. ...and still getting PRs!
    That just illustrates how much drive and discipline you have - why you are a champion Anne Marie.

Also, we are invited to a friends' house for some homemade Indian food!!
    I love these people and we haven't seen them in a long time. I didn't want to refuse and I won't want to be rude about the food! Help ! I think I'm due for abit of a refeed. I will just have to be real careful about the choices of items I put in my plate.

I was telling my gf last night that "I just don't want to be around good times and good food right now!" LOL Just 2 more weeks!
    I always had the hardest time with this, feeling awkward trying to justify my diet to others. It was not until I finally competed and people saw me in contest shape did I actually consider myself a bodybuilder and able to be comfortable with my food choices in public - wierd, I know....

I had a great practice with Vanda yesterday. She is great at helping me figure out some poses and turns and walk - particularly for the fitness model category. Since I'm not a swanky model, I need all the help I can get. LOL However, there are alot of mirrors in her studio and I just didn't like what I was seeing. I don't know but my thighs are not as tight as they should be at this point. If I hadn't signed up for this comp already, I think I would have put it off until later. Soooo, I dunno... Vanda recommended sissy squats and I did some leg presses today - first time in 11 months!!! Let's hope the next 2 weeks will make the difference. I'm mad now!!! (This also helped me not cheat so much last night... I was quite worried and discouraged).
    No worries A.M. In two weeks you are going to shine.

bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey

Stick to it girlie!

Amen!

bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000)

Good Lord! I love Indian food, and that sound's AMAZING!

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sissy squats are great!
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014

BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cardio 1
    35 minute run with doggy.

Legs
    DY Deads: 95x10; 95x12; 105x10 (Yes, I'm doing deads both on back day and leg day!)
    ss/ Squats: 95x11; 115x10; 125x10 Good form
    Lying ham curls: 80x11; 95x5+; 85x8
    Leg presses: 90x12; 90x12; 90x12 Oh yeah!! post injury PR
    Decline abs: 10x20; 10x20
    Sissy squats: 3 sets x 10
    Single ham curls: 65x8; 65x8; 70x8
    ss/ Single leg extension: 70x10; 75x8; 75x8
    LF Butt blaster glute machine: 100x10; 100x10; 100x10

Cardio 2
    25 minutes on the Stairmill

I'm going to try to add a doggy run everyday this week. Trying to lose fat - but not mass!! Tricky!! I feel better/hopeful with this leg workout. I think I'll do more sissy squats and glute bridges during the week. Not waiting until next leg day.

Thanks Joan, yes indeed I had a great time. OK well, I guess I am gregarious..but not chatty chatty. No, I'm not picky. I've even had brains au beurre noir (we're European). Can't say that I'll have it again. But I'll try anything once.
    Yes, I most certainly have had Indian food. Lots of times. Quite regularly in fact. It's wonderful. Highly aromatic and comforting.

It was busy. See above!
    My PT had me doing leg curls (lying for hams, seated for quads) EVERY day before my workout for 2 sets and then of course a hella lot more on legs day. During the last week he had me stop all leg workouts as the legs don't show definition until after about 6 days of rest. I think the extra legs work worked in my favour, they really came out. We only did that around the last 2 weeks or so of training. Nice workout DJ!
    Brandy
    Kicking the @*%$ out of fat, one day at a time!

Competition Thread 2009 - 2011: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117554221&p=808044511#post808044511

Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    That just illustrates how much drive and discipline you have - why you are a champion Anne Marie.

I always had the hardest time with this, feeling awkward trying to justify my diet to others. It was not until I finally competed and people saw me in contest shape did I actually consider myself a bodybuilder and able to be comfortable with my food choices in public - wierd, I know....

No worries A.M. In two weeks you are going to shine.
    Thank you for the vote of confidence!!!
    And no, it's not weird. Makes perfect sense. I do find it easier to tell people what I'm up to now that I've competed. So they know I take it seriously. They usually end up asking me alot of questions about what I eat and what I do.

Originally Posted by bbqwizard View Post
    Good Lord! I love Indian food, and that sound's AMAZING!
    Yummmm Wish I could have had more!! It smelled sooo good.

Sissy squats are great!
    Yes, they are. I found myself doing some today in the stand up tanning booth ! LOL Just multi-tasking!!

My PT had me doing leg curls (lying for hams, seated for quads) EVERY day before my workout for 2 sets and then of course a hella lot more on legs day. During the last week he had me stop all leg workouts as the legs don't show definition until after about 6 days of rest. I think the extra legs work worked in my favour, they really came out. We only did that around the last 2 weeks or so of training. Nice workout DJ!
    Hey thanks for this!! Very useful information. Derek has added an extra leg workout this week on my day off. I may also add in a few curls and extensions every day like you did. I know I'll have to stop training the legs next week, so I'd better kill them this week!

Gotta say, I feel good today. Wearing new shoes and a new skirt is prob`ly helping that!
    And just for the record, I am thankful for my health and do indeed feel that I have good looking and strong body. So it's all good. ...it's just that a competition body is a whole other story! But I know you guys understand that. ..nit picking on the details and all ! Also, I'm 46 years old. What the heck can I expect? I'm proud of my accomplishments to date.

I told hubby last night that I couldn't wait to have this competition done with. I hate having it looming over my head. But he said, no no, the competition is what's driving me. And when it's done, I'll be wondering what to do and searching for another goal. He's so right. He gets it and has had the same experience with all his IronMan races. Cool. What a great guy!

Have a great day, all. Let's hope the forecast for overnight flurries is all wrong!!
    anne-marie

I like your husband's thinking A-M! He also sound's VERY supportive. I recently had love fall into my lap and she is extremely supportive as she knows how important this is to me. I believe your husband is doing the same. If I were not competing this year, I think I would be lost..lol It's in our soul's A-M It's (amongst other thing's of course) what makes up tick!

I like your husband's thinking A-M! He also sound's VERY supportive. I recently had love fall into my lap and she is extremely supportive as she knows how important this is to me. I believe your husband is doing the same. If I were not competing this year, I think I would be lost..lol It's in our soul's A-M It's (amongst other thing's of course) what makes up tick!
    I am so happy to hear that you have found a special someone! That makes everything so much more enjoyable! It is great to be surrounded by supportive friends and family. Don't know how I'd get through this otherwise!
    anne-marie

Shoulders

2 weeks out (for real this time!) I am doing my utmost to dial this in.

Cardio 1
    Early morning run with doggy. 35 minutes. Lovely morning!

Pre-workout cardio, warm-up
    10 minutes on elliptical

Shoulders after work
    *Lying ham curls: 80x12; 70x12
    Wide grip pull-ups: BWx6; BWx6
    DB Side, front, and bent-over raises: 12.5x6; 15x7; 15x7
    DB Front straight arms butterflies: 10x8; 10x8; 10x6
    DB Military press: 30x6; 30x6; 25x6
    *Sissy squats: 2 sets x 15
    Leaning DB side raises: 10x7; 10x7; 10x6
    Cables X-over rear delts: 25x10 (standing); 30x5; 25x6; 25x6 (bent over)
    LF lat raises: 40x6; 40x6; 40x5
    LF rear pec deck: 70x7; 60x6; 60x5
    *Single leg extensions: 70x8; 60x8

Cardio 2
    31 minutes on Bike. Keeping heart rate at 133-138.

I am tired now. !
    As you can see, I weaved in a few legs in that workout. Hopefully it will help and not hinder.

Some friends called tonight and mentioned that they wanted to take a road trip to Montreal to come cheer me on! Woot ! Awesome! It's going to be FUN.... I gotta remember that. FUN !
    anne-marie

Workout=Whoo, Fun
    Competing=Whoo, Fun
    Competing and friends cheering you on=Whoo, Fun

Remember..FUN!!

Do you know anyone else who is doing a comp this year, that keeps a journal in here.
    I'd like to get/give some inspiration and support.

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ...Some friends called tonight and mentioned that they wanted to take a road trip to Montreal to come cheer me on! Woot ! Awesome! It's going to be FUN.... I gotta remember that. FUN !
    You have great support and you have friends willing to travel to cheer for you can't get much better than that!

If it isn't FUN then why do it???

I like seeing the Leaning DB Raises. One of my favorite delt exrecises. Hits them so good!
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    2 weeks out (for real this time!) I am doing my utmost to dial this in.
    Woooo! I can't believe you're so close! Exciting!! Keep up the hard work!

Some friends called tonight and mentioned that they wanted to take a road trip to Montreal to come cheer me on! Woot ! Awesome! It's going to be FUN.... I gotta remember that. FUN !
    That is sooo awesome... great support you have! That def. sounds like fun
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you for the vote of confidence!!!
    And no, it's not weird. Makes perfect sense. I do find it easier to tell people what I'm up to now that I've competed. So they know I take it seriously. They usually end up asking me alot of questions about what I eat and what I do.

Yummmm Wish I could have had more!! It smelled sooo good.

Yes, they are. I found myself doing some today in the stand up tanning booth ! LOL Just multi-tasking!!

Hey thanks for this!! Very useful information. Derek has added an extra leg workout this week on my day off. I may also add in a few curls and extensions every day like you did. I know I'll have to stop training the legs next week, so I'd better kill them this week!

Gotta say, I feel good today. Wearing new shoes and a new skirt is prob`ly helping that!
    And just for the record, I am thankful for my health and do indeed feel that I have good looking and strong body. So it's all good. ...it's just that a competition body is a whole other story! But I know you guys understand that. ..nit picking on the details and all ! Also, I'm 46 years old. What the heck can I expect? I'm proud of my accomplishments to date.

I told hubby last night that I couldn't wait to have this competition done with. I hate having it looming over my head. But he said, no no, the competition is what's driving me. And when it's done, I'll be wondering what to do and searching for another goal. He's so right. He gets it and has had the same experience with all his IronMan races. Cool. What a great guy!

Have a great day, all. Let's hope the forecast for overnight flurries is all wrong!!
    Your husband totally gets it! Wonderful! I am in the same flux now my comp is over, what to do next...still mulling a few upcoming comps over. Enjoy the rush you get with pre-comp prep, do you feel alive or what!!!??? A very exciting time, you can relax and rest on your laurels afterwards. Great workout again!
    Brandy

Competition Thread 2009 - 2011: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117554221&p=808044511#post808044511

Nicole is just really nice. (+1000) Nicole is just really nice. (+1000) Nicole is just really nice. (+1000) Nicole is just really nice. (+1000) Nicole is just really nice. (+1000) Nicole is just really nice. (+1000) Nicole is just really nice. (+1000) Nicole is just really nice. (+1000) Nicole is just really nice. (+1000) Nicole is just really nice. (+1000) Nicole is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can do this! 2 weeks is nothin'!!
    Member of Team Norton

"The Back Basher"

MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000)
    HEY HEY!!

Just checking in on ya ...... hoping all is well. 2 weeks! Just keep on pushin'!
    Team Amazon: Sisterhood of Iron

The myth that women should be weak is perpetuated by men who fear strong women and women who fear hard work.
    #selfcare #pickitup #putitdown

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    2 weeks until you SHINE A.M. - go for it!

Having people in the crowd to cheer you on is AWESOME! LAst year my father suprised me and flew out to Cali for one of my contest's. Judging by the way you have busting you butt, you are going to crush the competition

push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ooooo you are so close! Keep up the hard work! I cant wait!~
    Control it or it will control you

Arms - 3 sets

After a lousy night's sleep, only 10 hours rest between work-outs, and waking up to SNOW... I destroyed my arms in the wee hours of the morning!

Cardio 1
    12 minutes on treadmill

Bicep/Triceps...and a bit 'o leg work
    Pull-ups: WG: BWx6; Close grip: BWx6
    BB Curls: 30x12; 60x6; 50x8
    ss/ CGBP Smith: 50x10; 70x6; 70x6
    *HS Hack squats: 110x15; 110x15
    DB Curls: 30x3; seated: 17.5x10; 25x8
    ss/ DB Skullies: 3 sets 17.5x6
    Cable rope pull-ups: 35x7; 35x7
    ss/ Cable rope pull downs: 35x7; 37x7
    *Cable glutes pull backs: 25x10; 25x10

Cardio 2
    22 minutes on Bike

Everything felt heavy this morning. Some days are like that. But I always generally enjoy the workouts for sure.

You guys are awesome!! Thanks for all the support!

Do you know anyone else who is doing a comp this year, that keeps a journal in here.
    I'd like to get/give some inspiration and support.

Oh yes! There are Jackson and his sister Nicole who share a thread and are prepping for May 22! (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=122912821) Of course, there's Rob (Vytis), Jess (Push-it), Christine (Fitlover) and quite a few peeps doing the on-line OBF comp (MoEcho, Major T, Brian). I know I'm forgetting some. All good people who enjoy your support.

You have great support and you have friends willing to travel to cheer for you can't get much better than that!

If it isn't FUN then why do it???

I like seeing the Leaning DB Raises. One of my favorite delt exrecises. Hits them so good!
    They are quite painful. In a good way! They burrrrn !! Thanks bud, yes it has to be fun!!

Originally Posted by vanillabn View Post
    Woooo! I can't believe you're so close! Exciting!! Keep up the hard work!
    Imma getting nervous!! Yoikes! I guess you never really just get used to it. It's different every time.

Your husband totally gets it! Wonderful! I am in the same flux now my comp is over, what to do next...still mulling a few upcoming comps over. Enjoy the rush you get with pre-comp prep, do you feel alive or what!!!??? A very exciting time, you can relax and rest on your laurels afterwards. Great workout again!
    Good advice. Do I feel alive? Yes I think. No... YESSSS I do ! That's better. Thanks!!
    I believe there's a post-comp Martini with my name on it somewhere! LOL

Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    You can do this! 2 weeks is nothin'!!
    Thanks for popping by. It helps to have all the support! 2 weeks..down to crunch time! crunch crunch crunch

Originally Posted by MoEcho View Post
    HEY HEY!!

Just checking in on ya ...... hoping all is well. 2 weeks! Just keep on pushin'!
    Thanks hon. Glad you're keeping an eye on things! Not much time left!

Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    2 weeks until you SHINE A.M. - go for it!
    Thanks for the constant support Rob. Looking forward to the big day! Let's hope the competition isn't too stiff. It's usually a pretty big show.

Having people in the crowd to cheer you on is AWESOME! LAst year my father suprised me and flew out to Cali for one of my contest's. Judging by the way you have busting you butt, you are going to crush the competition
    Thanks Phil. I sure hope the hard work pays off to some degree. I'm very pleased that some friends want to come down to support. It's going to be fun fun!

Originally Posted by push_it View Post
    Ooooo you are so close! Keep up the hard work! I cant wait!~
    Thanks Jesssss!!! It's time to rock !!
    anne-marie

LOL, well If I was in your area I'd join you in the martini! I'll have one online with you instead I haven't yet ventured into martini territory post comp, one glass of wine is still providing me a pretty good whollop!

Good workout, I can't believe how much you lift on the BB Curls, WoW! I really need to get moving on bicep curls. Hope today brings you more energy in the gym. Keep at 'er you are doing an amazing job and will be totally rocking that stage very soon!
    Brandy

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    After a lousy night's sleep, only 10 hours rest between work-outs, and waking up to SNOW... I destroyed my arms in the wee hours of the morning!
    That's dedication!!!

Good job getting that workout done Great numbers too! Supersets look killer!
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

LOL, well If I was in your area I'd join you in the martini! I'll have one online with you instead I haven't yet ventured into martini territory post comp, one glass of wine is still providing me a pretty good whollop!

!
    UR not kidding! When I use to drink on weekends etc., I could do some damage. NOw that the occurance is few and far between, one glass of anything and it's light's out!..lol

HIITs

Went to the new gym for HIITs after work. It was quite busy and saw a few peeps I know. So that means... chit chat chit chat... gasp gasp (I was on the stepper) urghhh (I was on the back extension)... ! I'm not normally very social at the gym.

HIITs
    60 minutes on the da**m stepper. 747 cals; 305 floors.

Abs 'n stuff
    Roman chair leg lifts
    Back extensions
    Butt blaster glutes

Diet
    Didn't feel like I ate much today... but Fitday has me down at 1300 cals! That's gotta be wrong. Anyway, the macros are all good.
    Weight was down again this morning to 111.5 lbs and 10.6% BF. The legs are getting better. They'll be perfect in the fall !!! wait. wut?

Good workout, I can't believe how much you lift on the BB Curls, WoW! I really need to get moving on bicep curls. Hope today brings you more energy in the gym. Keep at 'er you are doing an amazing job and will be totally rocking that stage very soon!
    Thanks!! I hope so!! I just need to get the confidence in my brain. After that it's in the judges hands. I don't want to go on stage and not feel ready. But every day, I feel improvement! As for the curls, I force myself to lift a little heavier every week. 60 lbs does feel heavy!

On-line martini sounds good! haha I'm not much of a boozer, but the idea of or the word 'martini" just sounds so James-Bond-ish. ! haha

Originally Posted by vanillabn View Post
    That's dedication!!!

Good job getting that workout done Great numbers too! Supersets look killer!
    Thanks Miz Bean ! Yeah... hubby's allergies are acting up and it kept ME up all night with his flip-flopping! Baaaa'hh

UR not kidding! When I use to drink on weekends etc., I could do some damage. NOw that the occurance is few and far between, one glass of anything and it's light's out!..lol
    Oh yeah, me too!! But on post-comp night, something tells me I'll be full of energy ! I'll be fully loaded on Snickers bars too. Ugh...just the thought of the post-comp sugar crash is making me rethink the martini idea!

... getting up early in the morning for legs... no rest day this week !
    anne-marie

... getting up early in the morning for legs... no rest day this week !
    Now that's dedicated!!!

I'm trying to bring up my quads but I not about to get up early to work legs.

HIITs
    60 minutes on the da**m stepper. 747 cals; 305 floors.
    Oh wow... every time I see "60 minutes on the stepper" it shocks me all over again!! lol So impressive... I don't know how you do that!!! Keep up the awesome work in here!

Not too much longer!!!!

Page 51 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast