CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

DumbBell Press, Left Pec Lagging Like Crazy

Hey guys,

I used to bench press (with barbell) for some time, and now I decided to use DBs for my press movements.

It's been one month now, and I noticed that my right pec is WAY WAY stronger than my left pec...Everytime i start pressing, my left pec gives in before my right. So I tried 2 things yesterday:

1-) I did 7 reps and then my left pec gave up and I did 3 extra reps with my right pec only. Felt kinda funny lifting only one arm up

2-) In one of my set, i used a 10pound heavier weight for my right pec.

What do you guys suggest I do?? I'm afraid I'm lagging, and I think it's from an injury in my left shoulder that I had 1 year before, but im not sure....

Thanks guys
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.

Osan_lifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Osan_lifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Osan_lifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Osan_lifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Osan_lifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Osan_lifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Osan_lifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Osan_lifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Osan_lifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Osan_lifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Osan_lifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

It may well be...

Could be that the injury is hindering you. My left Bicep is stronger than my right, and I am right handed. Talked to a few folks at the ole gymnasium and they suggested I just work the right a little harder to get it up to speed. No noticable size difference though. How about you, is one pec bigger than the other? I think if you stay with the dumbells on presses though (I prefer them over the barbell presses, I just think they look cooler) I think they will even each other out. Stick with it and good luck.
    Forgive but NEVER forget

Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd say go until your left cant go anymore. Logically, it would catch up. I dont know if this is the real advice that hardcore's would give. But it makes pretty good sense to me. I'd also say dont do just your right, or you'll get your right pec way bigger than your left, and it cant be good for some other part of your body because of the stress on the one side. Like your spine or something like that. Anyways, thats just waht makes sense to me, hope i could help.
    the jakes on you.

Jorisd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jorisd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hi,

hey u must go on till ur left pec fails. But do not go on with ur right then!!! or do u want one big pec and one small pec?! when u go on with ur right then the difference is going to be bigger!
    I also had some problems like u a time ago, but that was because i used smith machine for bench press and when it was getting heavy for me i was more pressing with my right pec so my right pec was stronger and bigger and u could also see it in the mirror. So i decided to stop with smith bench presses and used barbells and dumbells instead. Now the difference isnt that big anymore.
    But still there is a bit difference. But maybe thats normal. Sometimes i see a guy benching with a barbell but he doesnt press it straight up so i see he is using one pec more than the other. So when u bench with a barbell pay attention to that, so press the bar straight up , in that way u use both ur pecs equally i think.

My right biceps is a lot stronget than my left and u can see it obviously. Maybe i have to work harder on my left one. But i like using barbell curls and also when its getting heavy i think i cheat a bit and use my right more than my lift. Maybe dumbells are better for me because then my right bi cant help my left one.

CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for the replies guys

And yes, my right pec is bigger and "toner" than my left pec So its kinda unsymmetrical...i think I'll just fail with my left pec to make them even.

Anyone with other suggestions??
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.

greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just realized that my right pic is larger than the other and I started working out only my left pec with a dumbbell

and let the bigger side loose muscle until they get even

Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000) Goody908 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    I'd say go until your left cant go anymore. Logically, it would catch up. I dont know if this is the real advice that hardcore's would give. But it makes pretty good sense to me. I'd also say dont do just your right, or you'll get your right pec way bigger than your left, and it cant be good for some other part of your body because of the stress on the one side. Like your spine or something like that. Anyways, thats just waht makes sense to me, hope i could help.
    this

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Goody908 View Post
    this
    OP, now that more than 10 years has passed how is your strength imbalance?