IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Pinched nerve when Standing BB Rows/DLs

Every time I do standing BB rows or heavy (close to 5RM max) deadlifts, I get this weird pinching feeling at the top of my back between the traps and the spine but not either of those two things.
    It feels like a pinched nerve or something.
    It happens especially when I'm squeezing my lats together, though not during pull-ups.
    I think it's a never -- any ideas what it might be?

Blue area....

yes, I posted this in the Misc, but it got just 1 response so I'm trying here

-BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000)
    that happens to me also when i bench press and when i do bicep curls, wondering what it is also. It hasnt actually affected anything though.
    i rep back 1k+

IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by -BigT- View Post
    that happens to me also when i bench press and when i do bicep curls, wondering what it is also. It hasnt actually affected anything though.
    Bicep curls and bench press? Huh. It only happens to me when I'm actually using my back.

Slevin_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slevin_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slevin_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slevin_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slevin_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slevin_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slevin_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slevin_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slevin_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slevin_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slevin_ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Go see a Chiropractor...When the joints stop moving independently, inflammation will build around the nerve root and the muscles will spasm. Once a Chriopractor introduces a force to let the joint move again, the joint being two vertebrae and a disc, inflammation is quickly reduced, ROM increases, endorphins are released and pain is greatly reduced

Originally Posted by Slevin_ View Post
    Go see a Chiropractor...When the joints stop moving independently, inflammation will build around the nerve root and the muscles will spasm. Once a Chriopractor introduces a force to let the joint move again, the joint being two vertebrae and a disc, inflammation is quickly reduced, ROM increases, endorphins are released and pain is greatly reduced
    So what can a chiropractor do? Give me a special massage?

Can I google this and have my gf give it to me? (seriou)

Registered Camel Eater low blow's Avatar
    low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd go see a physical therapist/doctor first...or at least a reputable chiro.

edit: if its a nerve problem then you'll be getting numbness/tingling/loss of sensation/movement. the nerves in that part of the spine serve the rib area and the back muscles just near it...

if you don't notice any of those problems...be happy
    Last edited by low blow; 02-25-2009 at 08:07 PM.

Originally Posted by low blow View Post
    I'd go see a physical therapist/doctor first...or at least a reputable chiro.

edit: if its a nerve problem then you'll be getting numbness/tingling/loss of sensation/movement. the nerves in that part of the spine serve the rib area and the back muscles just near it...

if you don't notice any of those problems...be happy
    I just feel a sharp pain...like somebody is sticking a needle straight into my back into that spot.

me. is just really nice. (+1000) me. is just really nice. (+1000) me. is just really nice. (+1000) me. is just really nice. (+1000) me. is just really nice. (+1000) me. is just really nice. (+1000) me. is just really nice. (+1000) me. is just really nice. (+1000) me. is just really nice. (+1000) me. is just really nice. (+1000) me. is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IKnowWhoYouAre View Post
    I just feel a sharp pain...like somebody is sticking a needle straight into my back into that spot.
    ive had that before also but to be honest havent had it for a while. im not sure why or how it stopped
    "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Originally Posted by me. View Post
    ive had that before also but to be honest havent had it for a while. im not sure why or how it stopped
    Well, at least I'm not the only one.
    I'll keep an eye on it for a week or so and if it fails, next friday I'll get it checked

rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    put some heat on it...