Daemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Daemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Daemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Daemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Daemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Daemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Daemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stretches for posterior chain, calves, etc

Been doing squats at 135 trying to nail my form before I move on to higher weights. I can finally hit depth now, but I can't keep my back extended at the bottom of the lift. It happens with body weight squats as well, so I know that it's not a strength thing, but a flexibility issue. I've been working on stretching for about 2 months now, but obviously to no avail. I was wondering what stretches I can do that will allow me to be more flexible in the areas that I'm lacking (I'm pretty sure hamstrings, hips, and glutes). If you could include how to do them (i.e how long to hold them, how often to dot hem, etc etc) that would be great.

thanks in advance
    1RM Bench Press: -3 lbs

__r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    -Glute bridges: Lay on your back with your feet flat on the floor, knees bent. Now flex your glutes and push your hips up, like you're humping the sky. This is a good glute activator.

-Side lying clams: Lay on your side with your knees bent and together. Without moving the body and keeping the feet together, open the groin and rotate the top knee towards the sky. This is great for activating the hips.

-Warrior lunges: Take a long step lunge and rest your back knee on the ground. Reach up and rotate your torso into your lead leg, getting a great stretch in the hip flexor of the back leg. Repeat for a few reps each leg as needed.

-'Fire hydrants': down on all fours, bring one bent knee up to the chest and then rotate outwards like a dog pissing on a hydrant. Now rotate backwards, keeping the knee bent, in the biggest circle possible. Do 10 reps with one leg, then 10 with the other. You should feel stress in the glutes and hip sockets.

- Hurdles: Put your hands on top of your head and pretend you're walking over a hurdle (you can use a power rack or smith machine for this if you want). Focus on moving only one leg at a time, bringing the knee as high as possible and NOT kicking your foot out to the side. Step over the hurdle, not around it. Do 10 steps forward and 10 steps backward. Also do these from side to side, using the same form but moving laterally instead of forwards and backwards.

-Leg swings: Stand in front of a wall for support and swing each leg laterally in front of the body. Use the momentum of each swing to get the foot as high as possible. Turn sideways and do these forward and backward as well.

-Duck unders: Go back to the smith, rack, or imaginary hurdle and stand sideways next to it. Dropping the hips and keeping your torso as upright as possible, do a lateral lunge under the bar. You should feel a good stretch in the groin and hip areas.

+ foam rolling to break up scar tissue
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Daemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Daemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Daemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Daemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Daemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Daemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Daemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Originally Posted by rockhuddy View Post
    -Glute bridges: Lay on your back with your feet flat on the floor, knees bent. Now flex your glutes and push your hips up, like you're humping the sky. This is a good glute activator.

-Side lying clams: Lay on your side with your knees bent and together. Without moving the body and keeping the feet together, open the groin and rotate the top knee towards the sky. This is great for activating the hips.

-Warrior lunges: Take a long step lunge and rest your back knee on the ground. Reach up and rotate your torso into your lead leg, getting a great stretch in the hip flexor of the back leg. Repeat for a few reps each leg as needed.

-'Fire hydrants': down on all fours, bring one bent knee up to the chest and then rotate outwards like a dog pissing on a hydrant. Now rotate backwards, keeping the knee bent, in the biggest circle possible. Do 10 reps with one leg, then 10 with the other. You should feel stress in the glutes and hip sockets.

- Hurdles: Put your hands on top of your head and pretend you're walking over a hurdle (you can use a power rack or smith machine for this if you want). Focus on moving only one leg at a time, bringing the knee as high as possible and NOT kicking your foot out to the side. Step over the hurdle, not around it. Do 10 steps forward and 10 steps backward. Also do these from side to side, using the same form but moving laterally instead of forwards and backwards.

-Leg swings: Stand in front of a wall for support and swing each leg laterally in front of the body. Use the momentum of each swing to get the foot as high as possible. Turn sideways and do these forward and backward as well.

-Duck unders: Go back to the smith, rack, or imaginary hurdle and stand sideways next to it. Dropping the hips and keeping your torso as upright as possible, do a lateral lunge under the bar. You should feel a good stretch in the groin and hip areas.

+ foam rolling to break up scar tissue
    thanks, will do, repped