superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50) superfob will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Football: How many months before season(august) should you start conditioning

Well my football(gridiron) season starts in August , when should I start conditioning for it ? Right now im just working speed .
    U mad that Im a semi-pro ufc fighter and I train affliction while taking tapout classes on the weekends ?
    B:150kg S:225kg D:265kg

Suffers from mazophilia RavensFan2k3's Avatar
    RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    honestly...acouple of weeks. A month at the most.
    Ravens fan and Gators fan 4 life

***Florida Gators Crew***

samavern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samavern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samavern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samavern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samavern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samavern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samavern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samavern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samavern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samavern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samavern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    honestly...acouple of weeks. A month at the most.
    er i don't agree with that at all...every program i've been a part of (college included) typically starts doing sprints at the beg of summer to gradually get your body used to it.

Ex. would be after a workout do 4 sprints of 20,30,40,50 yards, then the next day maybe do some longer ones (60,70,80,90, 110 yards). Then work up from that. In college we had to do 10 110 yards sprints and stay under 18 seconds for each one the day before full pads practice. Talk about a pain in the ass lol.
    "You gotta work for what you want, nothing in life comes easy"

guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I never stopped from the end of the season ever. I'd give my self a week then it was back to work. Through december to Mid march it would be 2 to 3 agility/plyometric cardio sessions a week. Then in mid march on it would be sprints on the field(gassers and suscides) followed by distance. 2-3 times a week.

The latests I would wait to start building up your cardio would be mid April.
    "Sometimes you just feel tired.
    You feel weak and when you feel weak you feel like you wanna just give up.
    But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength
    and just pull that s*** out of you and get that motivation to not give up
    and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse." -Eminem

Suffers from mazophilia RavensFan2k3's Avatar
    RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by samavern View Post
    er i don't agree with that at all...every program i've been a part of (college included) typically starts doing sprints at the beg of summer to gradually get your body used to it.

Ex. would be after a workout do 4 sprints of 20,30,40,50 yards, then the next day maybe do some longer ones (60,70,80,90, 110 yards). Then work up from that. In college we had to do 10 110 yards sprints and stay under 18 seconds for each one the day before full pads practice. Talk about a pain in the ass lol.
    I mean from the end of last season till the next season I'd be doing speed training, so I'm always running. But to reall focus on conditioning, I'd wait till about summer time.
    Ravens fan and Gators fan 4 life

***Florida Gators Crew***

June1671 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2nd week of July. If you start too early your body will start breaking down making you prone to injuries.