like my coolface, brah? motivatedd's Avatar
    motivatedd is just really nice. (+1000) motivatedd is just really nice. (+1000) motivatedd is just really nice. (+1000) motivatedd is just really nice. (+1000) motivatedd is just really nice. (+1000) motivatedd is just really nice. (+1000) motivatedd is just really nice. (+1000) motivatedd is just really nice. (+1000) motivatedd is just really nice. (+1000) motivatedd is just really nice. (+1000) motivatedd is just really nice. (+1000)

Eating before bed?

I'm cutting right now, so I have a question about eating before bed.

I was pretty much indoctrinated to believe that eating late-night meals caused you to gain weight because the food sticks on you when you sleep do to slower metabolism rates.

But, I've seen some people on here say that they eat something protein-heavy before going to bed to keep their metabolism rates high.

So, I'm confused what to do. Usually, I don't eat anything if I'm going to bed in the next 2 hours. Is it okay to eat before falling asleep, or should you have a buffer between your last intake and bed?
    - I've Never Been Negged By Lunatic, But If I Were, I Would Make Fun of Him For Being a Fat Cripple Crew
    - I Love Cutting Because Every Time I Lose a Pound, It Makes My 3" Derk Look That Much Closer to a 3.5" Derk Crew
    - I Hate When People Use Excess Words Because They Are Unable To Succinctly Summarize Their Thoughts Crew
    - My Wife Treats the Employees at Checker's Drive-Thru Better Than She Treats Me... and They Are Black Crew
    - I Own A Horsehead Mask and Wear It While I Masturbate Crew

You want it go get it anti-steroids's Avatar
    anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    can you eat before bed? yes and no it will not "stick to you"

and as for your cut as long as your not over your daily kcal requirement

eating before bed is cool
    "you can always think of many reasons not to do anything. But how many people are willing to search for a reason [a good one] to do something" " in life there are good choices and bad choices and in between there are doors"

youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/ANTISTEROIDSX2
    exist to inspire!
    greatness is upon you ACT LIKE IT!

X_IGoHard_X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X_IGoHard_X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X_IGoHard_X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X_IGoHard_X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X_IGoHard_X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X_IGoHard_X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X_IGoHard_X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X_IGoHard_X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X_IGoHard_X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X_IGoHard_X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X_IGoHard_X will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Man I always eat before bed! You wont get fat! I take a cup of low fat cottage cheese and mix in a half cup of fiber one original (oh NO CARBS before bed)! Probably my fav dessert!
    "I live for pain and long for the iron to make me weak again!"

*~Impossible Is Nothing~*

Go Heavy OR Go Home

burken01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) burken01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) burken01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) burken01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) burken01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) burken01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) burken01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) burken01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) burken01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) burken01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) burken01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If your going to eat before bed, take in a protein shake. Even better would be a casein protein shake so it will feed your body all night long until you wake up for breakfast.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by motivatedd View Post
    I'm cutting right now, so I have a question about eating before bed.

I was pretty much indoctrinated to believe that eating late-night meals caused you to gain weight because the food sticks on you when you sleep do to slower metabolism rates.

But, I've seen some people on here say that they eat something protein-heavy before going to bed to keep their metabolism rates high.

So, I'm confused what to do. Usually, I don't eat anything if I'm going to bed in the next 2 hours. Is it okay to eat before falling asleep, or should you have a buffer between your last intake and bed?
    Whoa. lol.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have my largest meal of the day right before bed, since I'm cutting it helps me sleep through the night without waking up hungry. I also work out really early in the AM, so it helps not to wake up famished.
    Mind over matter: If you don't mind, it doesn't matter

*~On the day that your mentality
    Catches up with your biology
    Come round
    Because I want the one I can't have
    And it's driving me mad
    It's written all over my face~*

Currently Cutting

Supps:
    ON Gold 100% Whey
    PurpleWraath
    REDuction

mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eating before bed reduces/negates catobolism; going to bed hungry is a good way to have your body omnom your muscle tissue.

Protein/carbs will keep you fed until you wake up and have your first meal.

fargum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i eat before bed all the time. dont notice any difference if i do or if i eat it earlier

xspasmx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xspasmx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xspasmx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xspasmx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xspasmx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xspasmx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xspasmx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xspasmx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xspasmx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xspasmx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xspasmx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I suggest eating some cottage cheese before bed. Cottage cheese is slower to digest and the fact that you are lying down slows it even further. However this is all a good thing. It is importent to feed your muscles at night. Most bodybuilders have a pretty high metabalism as is. Not eating for 7-8 hours is just not a good thing to do. While you might loose more weight if you go for 7-8 hours or more without eating every night while cutting I think you will find that you will experance much more muscle catabolism then if you had eaten before bed.

As for the increaseing your metabolism by eating before bed that really depends on who you are. I have personally experance this. When I eat then lie down for bed I can feel the calories and I even get noticibly hot and sweat even when it is cold. However this was not always the case for me. I think if you are a well trained individual who has been bodybuilding consistently for a period of many months or years and you always eat clean, smaller means every 2-3 hours then you will most likely experance this metabolism boosting effect. On the other hand if you are the average joe and eat a cheeseburger before bed I doubt it will increase your metabolism much. That has been my experance anyways.

Edit: When I am bulking I even rise after my first three circadian rhythms and eat then go back to bed to make sure I stay fed. I always sleep a full 6 circadian rhythms which is 9 hours, so not eating for that long is just too long even with the casein in cottage cheese.
    Last edited by xspasmx; 02-24-2009 at 09:35 AM.

Babakg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babakg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babakg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babakg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babakg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babakg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babakg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babakg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babakg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babakg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babakg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    obviously everyone has different opinions.... what i would do is try it out.

eat before bed for a week or two straight and focus on how you feel/look/weigh (all the important things to you) and then compare it to two weeks of eating nothing.

i have done this and there is a big difference.

i just believe everyone's body is different so what works for one may not wok for another.

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by anti-steroids View Post
    can you eat before bed? yes and no it will not "stick to you"

and as for your cut as long as your not over your daily kcal requirement

eating before bed is cool
    i like how he said it..it's fine total cals<maitinence level for you you'll lose weight eating protien before bed like casein keeps u in anabalism longer..which insures less muscle tissue is lost during ur cutting so yeah eat!
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"-Henry Ford

bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mark2dx View Post
    going to bed hungry is a good way to have your body omnom your muscle tissue.

Protein/carbs will keep you fed until you wake up and have your first meal.

ehh.....protein+fats
    Bench: 275
    Squat: 475 (wraps)
    Deadlift: 475
    Total: 1225

Clean-300
    Front squat:315x3 225x15 ATG
    Snatch: 185x3
    Clean and Jerk: 275

Repping Back since 1992

Squat stats are invalid unless proven by video

bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i will respond with pictures

Bench: 275
    Squat: 475 (wraps)
    Deadlift: 475
    Total: 1225

Clean-300
    Front squat:315x3 225x15 ATG
    Snatch: 185x3
    Clean and Jerk: 275

Repping Back since 1992

Squat stats are invalid unless proven by video

EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by klmklm View Post
    I don't suggesting before bed, because not enough of metabolism to burn the food.
    dont listen to this guy, PLEASE!

All things in balance chosenone28's Avatar
    chosenone28 is just really nice. (+1000) chosenone28 is just really nice. (+1000) chosenone28 is just really nice. (+1000) chosenone28 is just really nice. (+1000) chosenone28 is just really nice. (+1000) chosenone28 is just really nice. (+1000) chosenone28 is just really nice. (+1000) chosenone28 is just really nice. (+1000) chosenone28 is just really nice. (+1000) chosenone28 is just really nice. (+1000) chosenone28 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bigguy19 View Post
    i will respond with pictures

This...JUST THIS.

suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bigguy19 View Post

ehh.....protein+fats
    think i found my new favorite happy picture next to the dog saying have a great day.
    Perseverance
    Against all opposition
    Crushing all limitations
    Pure strength through solitude
    Discipline and determination

THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the night-time evil fairy will shut your body down and make you fatter

Sorry for the rude comment; you should be fine i do it all of the time regardless of cutting or bulking

cottage cheese n natty pb with blueberries, raspberries, black berries (delightful)

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by klmklm View Post
    I don't suggesting before bed, because not enough of metabolism to burn the food.
    The reason other people's posts can be seen above your post is so that you can read them and not say something false.
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho