Thread: Food combining

fitval has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Food combining

Hello girls, I'm new !
    This is just to ask your advice about food combining for women who lift weight, train more than 5 hours a day (including cardio), and who just aim to maintain weight and eat a little bit more risk free (of adding fat I mean).
    It seems to me that this is called Shelton diet.
    Did you ever try it ? I'm fed up with carb cycling, tracking nutrients...blah blah...so I'd like to give a go to combining !

TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi fit...
    I am not very familiar with the Shelton diet....but if I remember I think Dr Shelton was into raw foods....lots of fruit and nuts in his diet. I am not sure if that is the diet plan that you are thinking of. Shelton was pretty restrictive in what he ate.
    Although the "diet" may have been changed around alot over the years.

I am curious....what do you do for 5 hours a day of training??

fitval has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ooops, no, I'm wrong ! I should have re-read before posting Trish ! Please read "more than 5 hours a WEEK" ! even if sometimes I walk 3 hours a DAY and lift weight in addition !
    In Shelton diet, you don't mix proteins with carbs, eat meat with greens only... good combining. Of course it's easier with raw food, but not only. I often mixed bread and butter on one meal, cheese and fruits on another one... when I was using that diet years ago to lose weight, at a time I was not into fitness. It worked well to lose weight, so I had the idea these days to do so but eat more than I spend, to put on weight (I'm too skinny) to be able to gain muscle, without putting on fat. This is my idea. Do you think it's a good one ?