Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Best diet plan to get ripped???

For all you people who have been doing this for awhile. What is the best diet plan to cut with or get "ripped"? Basically i just wanna get body fat very low.
    Would the keto diet be the way to go 65%fat/5%carbs/30% protein or something like a 40%/40%/20% be the way to go. I usually eat around 1800-2000 calories a day and im 5'11 185lbs. Who has had success and on what diet?

Thanks for comments

Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Personally I've found all the wacky diets out there to be counter productive in the long run and the best course of action is just a well rounded normal diet with a strong exercise routine.

Patience, hard work, and balance will get you where you want to be.

Shortcuts, miracle cures, and snake oil will get you in the same place you are now except you will have wasted a year.

Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    40/40/20

Why does your stats say 5'3" 213 lbs?

tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tehkenneth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lol the profiles my brothers, thats his gut. Ive been trying like a keto diet and i feel like **** all the time. Ive only been doing it a little while but i cant work out effectivly while feeling like ****. So do most people agree that 40%/40%/20% is the better diet plan. Also if i wanted to do a cut would 1800 cals be to much for someone around 185lbs at 5'10. I excercise about 5 days a week and run a decent amount. My ass is huge though and it wont go away

Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1) Starting with a ratio and filling out your diet after wards is the ass-backwards way of doing it.

1-1.5g per pound of bodyweight in protein

+

.5-.75g per pound of bodyweight in fat

+ fill in the rest with carbs as you see fit.

=

Good beginner diet.

2) If you cut on 1800 pounds you'll lose weight and you'll get to 150 pounds and still look like **** because you'll be skinny fat and have no muscle to show off.

I know you're going to do it anyway but maybe, just maybe, me telling you not to do it will keep you from doing it.

(yes I went through this when I was a noobie and yes its one of my biggest regrets)

Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    why would you try a keto diet when your a newbie?

Cause im a noob and i try everything lol. If 1800 is not enough to cut with at 185lbs than how much should i be eating to still have my mass?

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by tehkenneth View Post
    Cause im a noob and i try everything lol. If 1800 is not enough to cut with at 185lbs than how much should i be eating to still have my mass?
    Never go more than 500 below maintenance or you will be sacrificing too much muscle and/or go into starvation mode (unless you are morbidly obese)
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Im not even sure what my maintenance is. I thought it was your weight x10. which would put me at 1850. Im very confused. Another question i have is about carbs after 7 pm. Is it true your not supposed to eat them after this time?

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Your BMR is prob around 2000calories at your size
    this is how many you would need to maintain weight if you sat in bed all day
    Multiply that by at least 1.5 for activity/lifestyle an exercise
    minus 500
    so try 2500
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cause im a noob and i try everything lol.
    In this case, I can recommend the links in my signature. Good luck!
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For all you people who have been doing this for awhile. What is the best diet plan to cut with or get "ripped"? Basically i just wanna get body fat very low.
    Would the keto diet be the way to go 65%fat/5%carbs/30% protein or something like a 40%/40%/20% be the way to go. I usually eat around 1800-2000 calories a day and im 5'11 185lbs. Who has had success and on what diet?

Thanks for comments
    its called eating at a deficit

Another question i have is on non-workout days should i be eating less cause im not burning anything? Like i was sick last week and couldnt work out and i ate around 1800-2000 cals and i gained a couple pounds prolly of fat.

You won't gain weight at 2000 cals with your stats if you eat clean. More likely then not it is just water weight.

For non-workouts keep protein/fats the same and decrease carbs a little I guess.

For me personally I eat the same regardless of workout/non-workout days. The only difference is I don't eat my post workout shake.

Another question i have is on non-workout days should i be eating less cause im not burning anything? Like i was sick last week and couldnt work out and i ate around 1800-2000 cals and i gained a couple pounds prolly of fat.
    you would need to eat in excess of 3500 calories of what your maintenance is each day to gain a lb. of fat in a day
    Founder of MMDELAD

Annoying Middle Easterner Jay Rawd's Avatar
    Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Macro ratios are stupid.

Basically, you want to keep protein grams constant as you drop calories from carbs and fats. This means that your protein percentage will go UP while your calories go down, even though you're eating the same grams of protein throughout your diet.

As for fat, I think .5-.75 g/lb. is too high. Layne Norton recommends 0.3-0.4 grams per lb. See my sig on setting up a cutting diet and why ketogenic diets might not be effective for sparing lean tissue (even if ketosis is muscle sparing).
    The middle of the road, is tryin to find me
    I'm standin in the middle of life with my pains behind me

Annoying Middle Easterner Jay Rawd's Avatar
    Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Again, ratios are unimportant. There's nothing special about the stupid Bill Phillipesque 40/40/20 ratio. Just keep protein constant, drop carbs from 3-5 grams a week, fat 1-2 grams every month, and keep going until you reach your desired effect. You might start out at (protein/carbs/fat) 40/40/20 (although I don't recommend it since the protein might be overkill or the carbs might be too low) and end up at 60/20/20 or 50/30/20 or 100/0/0.

BTW, keto is not a magical ratio. If you eat less than 100 grams of carbs per day, you're in ketosis. Your diet can be low in fat and still be keto.
    Last edited by Jay Rawd; 02-23-2009 at 12:19 AM.
    The middle of the road, is tryin to find me
    I'm standin in the middle of life with my pains behind me

Thanks for all the input. I still have a hard time getting over that 2k calories though lol, its in my mind that if i eat to much ill get fat, i know im supposed to be at more than that though. Another quick question though is does anyone eat cereal and if so what kind?

Thanks for all the input. I still have a hard time getting over that 2k calories though lol, its in my mind that if i eat to much ill get fat, i know im supposed to be at more than that though. Another quick question though is does anyone eat cereal and if so what kind?
    kashi Crunch or GoLean
    High in Fiber and Protein
    The Crunch is higher in sugar but it tastes great dry (PWO)
    Founder of MMDELAD

I was just wondering something about body fat. Im 5'11 like 180lbs (Not the pictures on the bodyspace thats my brother). I just got a body fat scale today and it says im at 21% and i did not think that i was anywhere near that. I eat like 1800-2000 cals a day and eat pritty clean and i have been for some time. I also workout about 5 days a week and run regularly. My brother is same height as me and pritty fat looking and he has horrible eating habits, and never works out/runs hes in bad shape, he is at 22% body fat. My question is WTF how is this possible!?!?! Is it i possible im not eating enough and going into like a starvation mode and storing fat or does it have soemthing to do with doing a keto diet previously. If anyone has any ideas please share. Thanks

Your brother if thats his bodyspace is not at 22% bodyfat. Not even close.

thats what the scale says, and it says im at 21% and im in much better shape than he is.

Then you have a ****ty scale obviously.

well it says we are close to the same thats what im worried about.

scale is broken... repeat scale is broken... 21% isn't even that fat. your brother is fat... scale is broken.

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. There's no quick-fix "plan".

Just wondering if this is a good way to start off the day.

4 egg whites
    1/2 old plain oats
    1 cup non fat milk

Usually comes to around 320 cals, 25 pro, 40 carbs, 3 fat

Anything i need more or less of, its usually right before i go to the gym.

easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just wondering if this is a good way to start off the day.

4 egg whites
    1/2 old plain oats
    1 cup non fat milk

Usually comes to around 320 cals, 25 pro, 40 carbs, 3 fat

Anything i need more or less of, its usually right before i go to the gym.

Don't worry about the totals of each meal, its your DAILY total that matters. Splitting your meals up evenly and distributing every macro perfectly is pointless IMO, just eat what you will, and make sure it ads up at the end of the day.

KappaRaiders is on a distinguished road. (+10) KappaRaiders is on a distinguished road. (+10) KappaRaiders is on a distinguished road. (+10) KappaRaiders is on a distinguished road. (+10) KappaRaiders is on a distinguished road. (+10) KappaRaiders is on a distinguished road. (+10) KappaRaiders is on a distinguished road. (+10) KappaRaiders is on a distinguished road. (+10) KappaRaiders is on a distinguished road. (+10) KappaRaiders is on a distinguished road. (+10) KappaRaiders is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
    Personally I've found all the wacky diets out there to be counter productive in the long run and the best course of action is just a well rounded normal diet with a strong exercise routine.

Patience, hard work, and balance will get you where you want to be.

Shortcuts, miracle cures, and snake oil will get you in the same place you are now except you will have wasted a year.
    boom. this is really the easiest way, i think.

what's worked GREAT for me is just eating clean and lifting hard, with cardio after my workouts. i dont try for low-carb or keto or low fat, just keep calories low. calorie defecit, cardio, and hard weights are working great.
    PhiKappaTau.
    S&P.

Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    less food and heavier weights.