demarsjcd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lower abs workouts for people with lower back problems

I'm not trying to brag but I'm pretty pleased with my whole body with the exception of my lower abs. It looks like I have a fanny pack on. I have tried the lower ab work outs where I hang from my elbows and forearm and bring my knees up to my chest and the one where I raise my straight legs up. But every time I do these my back cracks and it hurts afterwords. I'm now doing the workout where I lay on my back with my hands under my back and lift my legs up individualy. With that work out it doesnt hurt but at the same time it doesnt seem to be working that good. What do you guys recommend?

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Spot reduction does not work. It sounds like you have a decent amount of fat you want to get rid of. The best way to do that is simply diet properly and add some cardio. As for as abdominal excercises...some of the best stuff IMO is planks, twists, and turkish get ups. Those are true core strength excercises.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

demarsjcd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuicideGripMe View Post
    Spot reduction does not work. It sounds like you have a decent amount of fat you want to get rid of. The best way to do that is simply diet properly and add some cardio. As for as abdominal excercises...some of the best stuff IMO is planks, twists, and turkish get ups. Those are true core strength excercises.
    I dont think I have that much fat actually. I'm 6' 185lbs and also valet every other day and run 5 miles on my off days. I will admit that I my diet is not the best but I havent eaten fast foods for 6 months or junk food for that matter. Also my diet consist of pasta, chicken, beef, spinach, and other healthy foods. However I do take wieght gainer because I'm trying to get up to 200 lbs. 6 months ago I wieghed 150lbs...

kingofclifton is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofclifton is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofclifton is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofclifton is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofclifton is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofclifton is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofclifton is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofclifton is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofclifton is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofclifton is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofclifton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    decline situps