Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'3", 298 lbs
    BodyPoints: 30
    JoshH is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit JoshH's BodySpace

Light week, heavy week?

How important is it to go light on the weights once in a while?

I've been working out since October, so around 4 months and have a pretty basic routine. One day I work my back and chest, then the next day I do arms and shoulders, then repeat, sometimes throwing some legs in there. Plus I do cardio everyday for 25 minutes. I've become obsessed with the gym and go everyday, only taking a day off here and there when I have to do something. It's a great feeling and everyday I wake up I can't wait to go to the gym. I was taught when I first started working out to go light on the weights one week then go heavy.

It is very hard for me to go light though!! I am always so excited to get into the gym and even when I tell myself to go light, I end up lifting heavy because it feels so good. Save for some slight shoulder pain this last week that's going away, I have had no injuries from lifting heavy all the time.

Would it be advisable to continue this workout routine or should I really start going light once in a while?

Thanks guys!

Stats: 5'9", 185 lbs
    joshswan3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joshswan3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joshswan3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joshswan3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joshswan3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joshswan3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joshswan3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joshswan3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joshswan3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joshswan3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joshswan3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit joshswan3's BodySpace
    What are your goals? Are you trying to gain mass?
    Its always good to switch up your routine, every 4-6 weeks. Only work one body part a week...You need to rest as well thats your money maker. Do like 2 days on day off 2 on 1 off rest the weekend....Its whatever your comfortable with. Just remember to eat right rest and train hard and you will accomplish your goals.
    -That what doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.

Stats: 5'7", 182 lbs
    Byakuya has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byakuya has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byakuya has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byakuya has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byakuya has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byakuya has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byakuya has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byakuya has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byakuya has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byakuya has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Byakuya has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Byakuya's BodySpace
    I'm going to start mixing up my routine next week. I've been reading about how some people have made huge gains by incorporating a week of high reps / low weights once per month. So starting next week I'm going to give that a try. The last full week of every month will be my high reps / low weights week. Instead of 6 reps benching 225, I'll try doing 40 reps with 135. And similar type things for my other exercises. Then the following week I'll go back to my usual workouts. I hope this helps me make more gains. I really need to start keeping a journal so I can keep track of what works and what doesn't.

Stats: 6'3", 298 lbs
    BodyPoints: 30
    JoshH is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit JoshH's BodySpace
    As far as goals, i guess I'm going for strength and mass. To be truthfull I just like lifting for the mental and physical satisfaction it gives me. The muscles and size are just kind of a good side effect!

Maybe I will start to mix it up a little bit and take a day or two off every week to see if I can get stronger, or maybe try what byakuya said and try going real light/ high reps for a week and see if I see any results when I go back heavy.

Stats: 5'7", 78 lbs
    lilsteve83709 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lilsteve83709 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lilsteve83709 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lilsteve83709 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lilsteve83709 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lilsteve83709 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lilsteve83709 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lilsteve83709 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lilsteve83709 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lilsteve83709 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lilsteve83709 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit lilsteve83709's BodySpace
    definitely mix it up and do a week or two of super high reps and low rest. you will be suprised with the gains you make in both strength and size. i am like you, always lifting heavy. the past two weeks i have been doing sets of 15, 15, 20 reps and this week my strength has skyrocketed and i am also up body weight
    www.Moarmuscle.com

join and like it!