Registered User AnimalPaintball's Avatar
    AnimalPaintball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnimalPaintball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnimalPaintball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnimalPaintball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnimalPaintball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnimalPaintball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnimalPaintball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnimalPaintball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnimalPaintball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnimalPaintball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnimalPaintball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do those Neoprene "Sweat Belts" really work, or is it hype?

I guess, what Im asking, does it make a difference at all, whether I wear one or not.

When I do wear it, it seems increadibly sweaty in that area, but a friend of mine who calls himself a fitness guru, says not to bother.

What do you all think?

Thnx again in advance
    Mondo
    Nov. 2008 = 360 lb
    Dec. 2008 = 341 lb
    Jan. 2009 = 328 lb
    Feb. 2009 = 310 lb
    Mar. 2009 = 302 lb
    Apr. 2009 = 290 lb
    May 2009 = 288 lb
    Jun. 2009 = 272 lb
    Aug. 2009 = 268 lb
    Sep. 2009 = 259 lb
    Oct. 2009 = 244 lb
    Nov. 2009 = 243 lb
    Dec. 2009 = 240 lb
    Jan. 2010 = 239 lb
    Feb. 2010 = 238 lb
    Mar. 2010 = 235 lb
    Apr. 2010 = 234 lb
    May 2010 = 233 lb
    Jun. 2010 = 232 lb
    Jul. 2010 = 228 lb

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AnimalPaintball View Post
    I guess, what Im asking, does it make a difference at all, whether I wear one or not.

When I do wear it, it seems increadibly sweaty in that area, but a friend of mine who calls himself a fitness guru, says not to bother.

What do you all think?

Thnx again in advance
    Mondo
    What's the purpose of sweating in a certain area?
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I put the logic right up there with snake oil. Take your guru's advice. I really don't like the idea of anything that MAKES me sweat more than what comes out naturally. If anything, you're only taking water out of your system for no gain.

BG

RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No. It's worthless. If you spent money on it you should ask for your money back.
    Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.
    I reciprocate reputation.

lean machine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ronnie used to that precontest during cardio...i don't know any scientific explanation for it

hawkens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hawkens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hawkens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hawkens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hawkens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hawkens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hawkens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hawkens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hawkens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hawkens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hawkens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is like when you sit on vinyl car seats and the back of your shirt and such are all wet when you get up but the front of your shirt is dry. Your body sweats all the time the neoprene just doesn't let the moisture evaporate off your body as easily and it holds in your body heat in that area more also.

joey-nac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joey-nac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joey-nac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joey-nac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joey-nac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joey-nac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joey-nac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joey-nac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joey-nac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joey-nac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joey-nac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My knees were noticably thinnner when I used to wear neoprene knee pads for wrestling practice. But I would be careful with neoprene shorts they might shrink something else you dont want to shrink.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AnimalPaintball View Post

What do you all think?

Thnx again in advance
    Mondo
    While localized heating does have theoretical merit [heating increases local adipose tissue blood flow and when combined with exercise focused heat may continue increased adipose blood flow and prolong fat oxidation in local tissues], it hasn't been proven scientifically.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can figure this one out on your own.

Let me ask you, do they work?

You know the answer.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you have a lot of weight to lose they CAN help your body flush excess water/fluid from tissues.

Your body relies on the pumping action of muscles and taught skin to push excess fluid into the lymph nodes so it can be flushed out. If you lose a lot of weight, your skin is going to be loose, it's not going to provide any compression against the muscles, and fluid ends up pooling in the loose tissue.

You're not going to burn any extra fat, but by wearing compression garments on a regular basis, you're helping loose skin to retract, if it's a problem for you.

And judging from the BMI you've posted in your sig, it looks like you could actually benefit from this while losing weight.

Lately, I've been wearing a full neoprene vest, just a wetsuit top, a Medium size when I normally wear an XL wetsuit, and it's helping with a massive pool of fluid I got going on (but I've lost over 100lbs of fat).