Thread: Pull Ups

hellboy3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellboy3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellboy3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellboy3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellboy3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellboy3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pull Ups

What methods do you utilize to prevent yourself from using the momentum in your legs to help you during the dips or pull-ups?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hellboy3 View Post
    What methods do you utilize to prevent yourself from using the momentum in your legs to help you during the dips or pull-ups?
    I keep the movement controlled.

The greater the control, the less swinging and momentum involved.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^^^^ and if you cross your legs and bend them a little that helps too.
    Don't pray for lighter burdens but for stronger bodies.

jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah nice and slow

king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) king8329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cross your ankles and then raise your legs up. Envision sitting in a chair with your ankles crossed.
    "I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't"

I may not be the biggest and I may not be the strongest, but pound 4 pound.....Yeah I'm up there.

I train because I have a beautiful daughter and unfortunately, one day she will be a beautiful teenager.

segiterrus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) segiterrus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) segiterrus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) segiterrus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) segiterrus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) segiterrus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) segiterrus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) segiterrus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) segiterrus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) segiterrus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) segiterrus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I grab a chair and put my Feet on an high incline (chair) and use my body to do a pushup, I really haven't noticed momentum doing the push ups this way

wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by segiterrus View Post
    I grab a chair and put my Feet on an high incline (chair) and use my body to do a pushup, I really haven't noticed momentum doing the push ups this way
    OP said PULL UP, not PUSH UP, btw thats inc push up which hit upper chest

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    send a pm to kyokushin1..... he can do 43 pullups.

ask him for a video of it.

StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by gymcandykid View Post
    ^^^^ and if you cross your legs and bend them a little that helps too.
    this. i lift my legs up behind me so that theyre parallel with the floor, gives great control and lets you go down a lot further since your legs arent obstructing anything.

Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SDFlip View Post
    send a pm to kyokushin1..... he can do 43 pullups.

ask him for a video of it.
    haha be right back getting vid...

Well not right back, but, 2 years or so...