Tony1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cfm whey isolate, protein factory

Just received my order. The only thing I have tried so far is the cfm whey isolate. Mixes real well but the orange flavor I ordered tastes horrible. Got my wife to try it and she couldn't handle the flavor. I recommend a different flavor. Live and learn.

ToddG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: cfm whey isolate, protein factory

Originally posted by Tony1
    Just received my order. The only thing I have tried so far is the cfm whey isolate. Mixes real well but the orange flavor I ordered tastes horrible. Got my wife to try it and she couldn't handle the flavor. I recommend a different flavor. Live and learn.
    I learned that when the description on Protein Factory shows 'Hard core only' or 'Taste: Not Good' they mean it. I've ordered around 10 different mixes from them and many have been great. But at least one, the Whey Combo, had to get pitched as I couldn't handle drinking it mixed with anything.

ToddG

Chrisk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    TODD since you had ordered about 10 different things from them...what do you suggest to be the best combo?

ToddG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Chrisk
    TODD since you had ordered about 10 different things from them...what do you suggest to be the best combo?
    Best combo for what? Really depends on what you're needing.

The one's I've tried recently:

<b>Breakfast and night formula's:</b> Good protein mixes and taste fine.
    <b>Size powder:</b> Good, although I think you could just as easily make your own with some flax oil added to another mix.
    <b>Anabolic MRP:</b> Good taste, has lots of goodies mixed in.
    <b>Penta Pro MRP:</b> Good taste, mixes of every protein.
    <b>Post training formula:</b> Okay taste. I mix my own now with a 50/50 combination of dextose and malto (Same combination they sell as a recovery formula).
    <b>Whey combo:</b> The one I couldn't drink. Tasted awful.

I've got a few other mixes sitting in the bags yet that I haven't opened (two other MRP's, ulta and theta).

I ordered their Glutamine to mix into the post training and recovery drinks. At 5g mixed in it has no taste at all.

Also, I mix all my drinks in milk if that makes any difference.

Chrisk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow seems like i am gonna have to just breakdown and put a few protiens and mix my own also as it can get mighty exspencive

here i was just slamming whey all the time and am finding out now that that isn't the 100% best thing to do!

toolegit2quit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pf taste

Welp, I ordered a mix of
    20% milk protein isolate
    20% hydro 520 (the stuff that supposedly tastes awful)
    20% egg white protein
    5% CFM whey isolate
    5% bovine serum (supposedly tastes awful)
    10% maltodextrin
    10% flax powder
    10% MCT powder

This formulation has been excellent in my precontest dieting and does not taste awful at all. The hydro 520 and bovine sum to 25% of the total formulation and it's surprisingly pleasent tasting. Maybe my taste buds are just so used to "pond scum".

I might be daring and try the formulation they recommend for the "psycho bodybuilder who will drink pond scum if it were to improve protein synthesis". Anyone else tried this? Wish me luck - think i'll start off with like 1lb on top of my usual order!
    Strength and honor, integrity over all else

FlexnFX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

re: toolegit2quit

Which of their combo's is for the psycho...? Personally, I've tried the prosorben and I agree with you that the bovine serum and hydro 520 don't taste bad at all. The taste buds must be fried. I just started using a mix of 50% wpc, 40% egg, and 10% hydro 520, in addition to the prosorben, and it tastes good. I have thought about putting more hydro 520 in there, but was looking for someone else's experience with more. I think I'll try 20% with my next combo. Oh, do you see any loss of muscle tissue while on your precontest mix? I am about to start my contest prep. Thanks for the post.
    "A train is coming through and it ain't stopping for nobody."

toolegit2quit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

psycho mix

For the Psycho bodybuilder who will drink pond scum if it boosted protein synthesis. This formula mimics what are gut absorbs and recommended by Dr. Bucci. Add maltodextrin or dextrose after a workout.

30% hydrolyzed 520

25% casein

10% hydrolyzed casein

8% Glutamine peptides

4% BCAA

3% L-Glutamine

20% Whey (isolate or Concentrate)

I can tell you from my experience 20% hydro 520 isn't bad at all with chocolate splenda (or maybe it's just the other ingredients masking the flavor).

Flex- wish you luck on your contest prep! My weight has gone from 194 to 180 with very little muscle loss! I'm still very hard and ripped - i've included a picture I took about a week and a half ago (that was from 7 weeks out). I'm about 5.5 out now and just had to have my calories drop from the 3000 I was consuming from weeks 12-6.5 to 2400. I'll tell ya man the hunger pangs are really starting to hit hard now...i'm craving foods i've never even liked before (like yogurt). Maybe my body's telling me something but I just can't listen. I haven't cheated once during my whole contest prep. The most that could be considered cheating would be winterfresh gum.

Good luck and PM or email me if you have any other questions!
    Attached Images
    Strength and honor, integrity over all else

re: toolegit2quit

I think I'll try the 20% hydro 520 in my mix to see if I can stand it before I try the psycho mix, but that psycho mix does look good. When is your contest? Good luck to you too. I checked out the pic and you look pretty cut. You should do very well, just stick with your diet. I know what you mean about the hunger pangs. I felt that my shakes helped cure my cravings though. Good luck and thanks for the info.

Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I just got my first **************.com order this week!

I got three things. The first one is a custom blend:

40% Invotech (whey isolate)
    15% Hydro 520 (whey isolate)
    25% Caseinate
    20% Egg White Protein

I got it with splenda and chocolate flavor. It's pretty decent. Not quite as tasty as Optimum Pro-Complex, but I like the composition of this stuff better. I also got 3# of Caseinate and 2# of Maltodextrin in separate bags.

This is good stuff and, even when you factor in the UPS freight, it's priced very reasonably for what I believe is top shelf quality.

dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I bought some 520 from them. It is some of the foulest tasting stuff I have ever tasted. The first time I mixed it half and half with my whey isolate. Also had some malto, dextrose, glutamine and bcaa powder in there. I had to push myself to drink it. Smells like cat piss. Tastes worse than it smells.
    Dito is like pussy. Either you love it or you're gay.

Turn around bright eyes

Like TODDG said above, when they say "Hardcore only" or "Taste Not Good", they are not kidding. However, myself and toolegit2quit don't seem to think the stuff tastes that bad. Okay, we may have fried taste buds. Did you have it flavored and sweetened? I have the 520 in two different mixes, prosorben (their mix) and a custom mix of 10% 520, 50% WPC, and 40% egg white, both sweetened with splenda and flavored vanilla. They taste pretty decent. If that was the first time you had tried it, I wouldn't have mixed it 50/50 though. Try mixing a couple tablespoons of the 520 with your whey isolate in milk. Then once you get used to it, add another tablespoon or two until you notice that you can't drink it down. Also, I heard that the BCAA powder and glutamine might not be easy to get down either. It could have been the sum of all of them that made it smell and taste so bad. Just a thought. Don't give up on the 520 just yet though. It has helped me pack on about 10 lbs in just over 1 month with a slight decrease in bodyfat and I recover quicker than ever before. It is good stuff.

dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I still drank it. It was a bit much. Last time I made some I mixed a scoop and a half of isolates. Half a scoop of 520. I dont think the 520 comes flavored. But the isolate is fruit punch. It still tasted bad but it was no where near as bad as the first one. 10 lbs in a month thats pretty good. Ill eventually figure something out. Like I did my vitamin powder.
    Dito is like pussy. Either you love it or you're gay.

Turn around bright eyes