seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

people with shoulder surgery

how long did really ur arthroscopic surgery for labrum tear take to recover from? i really am considering to do this because i think this is the only option. i cant believe i really have to get surgery. will i ever be back 100% like nothing ever happened? did any bodybuilders ever get surgery like this?

SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I had this exact surgery on Dec 16th and and as of right now I have about 85% of my range of motion, nearly pain free and I'm back to lifting light and a lil more cautiously.

seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SdotNY View Post
    I had this exact surgery on Dec 16th and and as of right now I have about 85% of my range of motion, nearly pain free and I'm back to lifting light and a lil more cautiously.
    what do you range of motion at 85% you cant like windmill your arm all the way around fully? is yours going to get 100%. is it still clicking if it did will that go away if i get surgery?

daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How did you find out about the labrum tearand what were you're symptoms.
    He who dies biggest.. WINS!

100% rep back guarantee

SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SdotNY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by daniel_2k8 View Post
    If that was for me.. I had a car accident and had a pretty dull annoying pain in my shoulder and got an MRI right after and it showed a "SLAP" tear.

Originally Posted by seriouslifter View Post
    what do you range of motion at 85% you cant like windmill your arm all the way around fully? is yours going to get 100%. is it still clicking if it did will that go away if i get surgery?
    Yea I can "windmill" it and as of right now i'm doing 100lbs lat pulldown, 70lbs arm extension, 70lbs on the tri's, 70lbs seated row, some resistance bands, 15lbs - 3 sets of 10 of curls and hammer curls, and some stim. When i'm on the stationary hand bike I do get the clicking in the shoulder and actually asked today if that'd ever go away and was told it might not if it hasn't already.

Originally Posted by daniel_2k8 View Post
    i got a mri few years ago and he said it was a minor labrum tear, but i never got surgery and it went away. i think i got sloppy and did something to it and now pain is back, but i really cant go heavy on bench or pretty much do it at all.

Yea after doing some research before I actually went ahead with the surgery I found that there are 4 types of labrum tears..

http://radiology.rsnajnls.org/cgi/co...full/214/1/267

scroll down some on that page and it shows you the tears and the differences.

Originally Posted by SdotNY View Post
    Yea after doing some research before I actually went ahead with the surgery I found that there are 4 types of labrum tears..

http://radiology.rsnajnls.org/cgi/co...full/214/1/267

scroll down some on that page and it shows you the tears and the differences.
    so was it worth it? i dont think my shoulder is going to heal. maybe this cissus im taking will be a miracle its only been day 3 on it. my pain is in the front of the shoulder

I'm sure everyone's different in their results but i'm happy with mine. My ortho also said if I wanted to be active again and go back to lifting he recommended the surgery.

mu_warrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mu_warrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mu_warrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mu_warrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mu_warrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mu_warrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mu_warrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mu_warrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mu_warrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mu_warrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mu_warrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I too have been diagnosed with a labrum tear. The doc didnt mention whether it was a SLAP or what. I dont know whether to have surgery or not bc they pain is not so severe but this grinding/clicking feeling is sooo damn annoying and that at times is painful.

I desperately want to get back into lifting and get to where I was.

I injured my shoulder doing dumbbell inclines.

Originally Posted by mu_warrior View Post
    I too have been diagnosed with a labrum tear. The doc didnt mention whether it was a SLAP or what. I dont know whether to have surgery or not bc they pain is not so severe but this grinding/clicking feeling is sooo damn annoying and that at times is painful.

I desperately want to get back into lifting and get to where I was.

I injured my shoulder doing dumbbell inclines.
    yeah it said i had that years ago but the pain went away when he said u could get surgery or live with it. i guess it came back from me doing something maybe too heavy on rotator cuff exercises, i still dont know what it was from. my clicks, i have appointment in 2 weeks

Hey Serious check out warriors post about this too, there were a few other people that weighed in on his posting as well. All good info if it helps.

where?? Warbird00's Shoulder surgery recovery journal

ScoobyDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScoobyDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScoobyDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScoobyDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScoobyDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScoobyDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScoobyDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScoobyDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScoobyDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScoobyDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScoobyDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tore my labrum back in July 2006 unracking the bar doing overhead presses. I had surgery in October of that same year. I would say that it wasn't the most pleasant experience and I'm glad it is over. I can't say if it was worth it or not. It took me about 6 to 8 months to get back into full swing of working out again. I still have some minor range of motion issues. I know my limits now and don't force things.

if i got surgery i cant believe im doing this. i feel like im 50 years old and im still so young. why wont it just heal i think im gonna take another week off starting monday.

mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm in the same boat as you ^^^. I went to the ortho today and he said it could possibly be a torn labrum. I messed it up doing flat bench with the weight that i normally do. It's irritating because i'm still young and didn't believe i was doing anything so crazy that would have caused the injury. I too am going to take a week off and see how things pan out.

Originally Posted by mkit8971 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you ^^^. I went to the ortho today and he said it could possibly be a torn labrum. I messed it up doing flat bench with the weight that i normally do. It's irritating because i'm still young and didn't believe i was doing anything so crazy that would have caused the injury. I too am going to take a week off and see how things pan out.
    like i said i have had this for about 3 months now. i thought it would go away like everything else, but this has not. i am taking usps labs cissus. i will try anything before surgery you know. so yeah im taking a week off on monday. wierd doesnt really bother me doing shoulders, but chest yes

where?? Warbird00's Shoulder surgery recovery journal
    no sorry, i meant mu_warrior had a similar thread where some people chimed in with good info. I hope the week off helps you out though.

mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    like i said i have had this for about 3 months now. i thought it would go away like everything else, but this has not. i am taking usps labs cissus. i will try anything before surgery you know. so yeah im taking a week off on monday. wierd doesnt really bother me doing shoulders, but chest yes
    I'm surprised you havent taken time off already. 3 months is a long time to just work through the pain. For me, mine doesn't hurt unless i go to the gym and hit the area directly. If i take 2-3 days off it feels fine, with a slight pinch to it. Supposedly the labrum is rich in blood vessels so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for it to heal.

Originally Posted by mkit8971 View Post
    I'm surprised you havent taken time off already. 3 months is a long time to just work through the pain. For me, mine doesn't hurt unless i go to the gym and hit the area directly. If i take 2-3 days off it feels fine, with a slight pinch to it. Supposedly the labrum is rich in blood vessels so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for it to heal.
    if you read my other threads i did take time off. i took 2 weeks off, i took shoulders and chest off for over 2 half months. i dont even really lift heavy anymore. i just got back into it, but doesnt seem like it went away