Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kickchickbecca View Post
    IWhy is that people don't consider bodybuilding a sport? Basketball, soccer even 'table hockey' is considered a sport.. so why do people overlook bodybuilding!? Because we don't run around and kick a ball? Or because we don't 'slam dunk'? Well I'm sorry, but when are we ever going to use that in everyday life?
    Its not a sport because there's no performance aspect to it.

Bodybuilding competitions are male beauty pagents.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

Currrtissss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Currrtissss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Currrtissss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Currrtissss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Currrtissss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Currrtissss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Currrtissss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Currrtissss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Currrtissss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Currrtissss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Currrtissss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Difference I see in bodybuilding compared to other stuff is..

You always carry it around.

No matter where you go you'll always carry bodybuilding around with your 24 hours a day, because it's what your body is. You can leave a ball downstairs, in the garage etc, and just leave football etc over there. Just can't do that with BB.

Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DatsunKing1 View Post
    this lol markus ruhl smokes a pack a day.
    So smoking a pack a day gets your swole. Just kidding. I saw the shopping video of him. Lots of food.

Lifting with Power allergic2rice's Avatar
    allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lmao.
    no offense op, but ur thread in the misc is getting raped like no tomorrow.

shouldn't enter teh misc with nothing less than an entire battalion of white knights
    Forum Representative
    Next Generation Nutrition
    http://www.glyco-energy.com/

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

www.strengthsociety.com
    Powerlifting, Nutrition, Mobility

Grezlar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grezlar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grezlar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grezlar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grezlar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grezlar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grezlar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grezlar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grezlar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grezlar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grezlar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bodybuilding isn't a sport in the conventional sense

BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post

no. a beauty pageant is hardly comparable, the amount of work that goes into bbing sets it aside from something like that. bbers train just as hard as PLers, just differently, then there is the dieting aspect and contest prep.

i dont think of bbing as a sport, or of bbers as "athletes", but they do work hard and it is insulting to compare them to a beauty pageant contestant.

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    KixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KixUK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi.

kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000)
    I dont even tell people im a "Bodybuilder" anymore.. I dont like the image that everybody gets.. "Spends forever in the gym.. narcissistic.." ect ect.. So I just say I love lifting and nutrition. Idk..

qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kneedamage View Post
    I dont even tell people im a "Bodybuilder" anymore.. I dont like the image that everybody gets.. "Spends forever in the gym.. narcissistic.." ect ect.. So I just say I love lifting and nutrition. Idk..
    I'd never call myself a bodybuilder anyway. It's not that I feel self conscious about what people would think of me, but it just seems pretty weak to me to call yourself a bodybuilder if you don't compete. It'd be like describing yourself as a stunt biker because you go over some jumps in your back garden

ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ayekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bodybuilding isnt a sport its a lifestyle.
    #POLISHcrew
    #turboswag

Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alexandre76 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bodybuilders are not athletes, you think its ****in hard to lift one hour a day? lol
    Last edited by Alexandre76; 02-17-2009 at 11:28 PM.

kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kickchickbecca has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Alexandre76 View Post
    bodybuilders are not athletes, you think its ****in hard to lift one hour a day? lol

cmon be realistic, even a 12 years old girl can diet if she wants, plus with all the steroids they take they dont even feel like they are dieting when they are on a diet.
    So you're saying a bodybuilder is not an athlete
    And a 250lb man with 40% bf who sits on the couch all day is not an athlete either.

... you think the 2 compare?
    **Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up**

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Full_Blown View Post
    no. a beauty pageant is hardly comparable, the amount of work that goes into bbing sets it aside from something like that.
    Bodybuilding... people on stage in skimpy clothes and make-up showing off their looks to judges. Sounds pretty much like a beauty contest to me. Just because the preparation is more rigorous doesn't make it not like a beauty pagent.

Originally Posted by Full_Blown View Post
    bbers train just as hard as PLers, just differently, then there is the dieting aspect and contest prep.

i dont think of bbing as a sport, or of bbers as "athletes", but they do work hard and it is insulting to compare them to a beauty pageant contestant.
    I never said they didn't train as hard as anyone else, but I think the comparisons between bodybuilding and beauty pagents are pretty damn clear.

Strut on stage, show your stuff, get judged on how your looks please the judges....
    Last edited by Kiknskreem; 02-17-2009 at 08:43 PM.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwertyui213 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So you're saying a bodybuilder is not an athlete
    And a 250lb man with 40% bf who sits on the couch all day is not an athlete either.

... you think the 2 compare?
    Weak example. I don't think a brain surgeon is an athlete, I also don't think a 400 pound fat guy watching TV with his finger up his ass is an athlete, that doesn't mean I think they're the same.

As far as my opinion goes, I don't know how to class bodybuilding. It's not athletic in the conventional way - it's not an immediate physical thing you're doing, it's a long series of exercises and diet routines which leads up to posing on a stage.

I think it may almost be closer to art. While the weight training is a physical activity, the real goal is to sculpt the human body. If you're going to call it a "sport", then it's the only sport in the world which is based on aesthetics

kpxken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpxken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpxken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpxken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpxken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpxken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpxken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpxken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpxken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpxken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kpxken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of hearing people call bodybuilders narcissistic, full or themselves, self obsessed, or that they don't have very good priorities and they won't go far in life.

Why is that people don't consider bodybuilding a sport? Basketball, soccer even 'table hockey' is considered a sport.. so why do people overlook bodybuilding!? Because we don't run around and kick a ball? Or because we don't 'slam dunk'? Well I'm sorry, but when are we ever going to use that in everyday life? But eating and lifting things are PART of everyday life.

Just because someone is into bodybuilding, it doesn't mean they're full of themselves, or love to stare at themselves in the mirror, it means that they like the SPORT of bodybuilding.. The CHALLENGE to eat properly, the THRILL they get while lifting a new weight, the CHANGES they see. Aren't those the properties of every other sport too? Challenge? Thrill? Change? and Competing! Bodybuilders may be competing with other people as to who has a better body, but that's because that's the GOAL of the sport. NOT to run faster than someone, but to have a better body appearance. That doesn't mean that that person is narcissistic, but that they work HARD at their chosen sport.

I think people should take a step back and THINK about things before they speak, because it just makes them look like rude, uneducated and closed minded people.
    just a thought the heavyweights of bodybuilding ie. mr.olympia use steroids even though it takes alot of work to get to what they look like
    just a guess dont hate

EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EYS has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bodybuilding isn't really accepted by many people because the normal response that someone makes to a bodybuilder is "roidzzzzz!!!", they think steroids make it extremely easy and they think that like once you start steroids, it will automatically give you boobs, shrink your balls, and will make you die at 40. I think Jay Cutler said something like this too about steroids are the reason people don't accept it.

But oh well, its their loss, when I'm a monster, they will still be their tiny little 100lb self.

liquidforce12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liquidforce12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liquidforce12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liquidforce12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liquidforce12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liquidforce12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liquidforce12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liquidforce12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liquidforce12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liquidforce12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liquidforce12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jaxxed_Fibraz_ View Post
    I agree

(did not read)
    hahahaah

and rofl at that picture

IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    'roiders + jealousy of the common man give bodybuilding a bad name.

Btw, I love looking in the mirror.

schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why do you get on this forum? Attention-whore?
    You ruin the time I spend on this forum when I am trying to learn from others.

Only post I read was "Blowsox13" who is my hero for negging you...I think I will put him on reps for life now.

Registered User Thus.BarrelRoll's Avatar
    Thus.BarrelRoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thus.BarrelRoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thus.BarrelRoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thus.BarrelRoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thus.BarrelRoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thus.BarrelRoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thus.BarrelRoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thus.BarrelRoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thus.BarrelRoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thus.BarrelRoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thus.BarrelRoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They all take roids so it don't count.

/sarcasm

insanelypie is on a distinguished road. (+10) insanelypie is on a distinguished road. (+10) insanelypie is on a distinguished road. (+10) insanelypie is on a distinguished road. (+10) insanelypie is on a distinguished road. (+10) insanelypie is on a distinguished road. (+10) insanelypie is on a distinguished road. (+10) insanelypie is on a distinguished road. (+10) insanelypie is on a distinguished road. (+10) insanelypie is on a distinguished road. (+10) insanelypie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How can a bodybuilder not be considered an athlete?!
    They are some of the most in shape people in the world.

I also think there's a huge confusion on what narcissism and goal oriented/confident people are.

Narcissistic people walk around thinking 'oh ya I'm so hott! Look at me! I'm the best! Ya baby I'm perfect just look at me!'

Where as goal orriented/driven/confident people are more like " I know I'm not the best, but I'm going to do everything I can to become the best person I can be! And because of this, I'm going to love myself the whole way and I'll be proud of my accomplishments and when I make my goals etc'

no they are the "best" in shape that's the whole goal of bodybuilding. . to build the best body =D~~. .

and no we're not Narcissistic, we're driven by the need to make better of ourselves. . yes bodybuilding is a sport.
    Freshman 15; Sophomore 25.
    Getting back into working out. . .

Rep if my post helped =)~

@ http://drdannyyyy.blogspot.ca

ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    And weight lifting's not an arm wresting contest? Pissing contests sound pretty narcissistic...

Anyway, bodybuilding or weightlifting, improving your health and building muscle isn't any more self-serving than getting a degree and good job. Yet those are admirable, respected accomplishments, and worthy goals blah, blah, blah.

So it doesn't look like going to a health club is any more vain than getting an education.

The gangster of chauvnism the_pirate_bay's Avatar
    the_pirate_bay is not very helpful. (-500) the_pirate_bay is not very helpful. (-500) the_pirate_bay is not very helpful. (-500) the_pirate_bay is not very helpful. (-500) the_pirate_bay is not very helpful. (-500) the_pirate_bay is not very helpful. (-500) the_pirate_bay is not very helpful. (-500) the_pirate_bay is not very helpful. (-500) the_pirate_bay is not very helpful. (-500) the_pirate_bay is not very helpful. (-500) the_pirate_bay is not very helpful. (-500)

this

A.sshole Extraordinaire scottydoesntkno's Avatar
    scottydoesntkno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottydoesntkno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottydoesntkno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottydoesntkno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottydoesntkno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottydoesntkno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottydoesntkno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottydoesntkno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottydoesntkno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottydoesntkno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottydoesntkno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of hearing people call bodybuilders narcissistic, full or themselves, self obsessed, or that they don't have very good priorities and they won't go far in life.

Why is that people don't consider bodybuilding a sport? Basketball, soccer even 'table hockey' is considered a sport.. so why do people overlook bodybuilding!? Because we don't run around and kick a ball? Or because we don't 'slam dunk'? Well I'm sorry, but when are we ever going to use that in everyday life? But eating and lifting things are PART of everyday life.

Just because someone is into bodybuilding, it doesn't mean they're full of themselves, or love to stare at themselves in the mirror, it means that they like the SPORT of bodybuilding.. The CHALLENGE to eat properly, the THRILL they get while lifting a new weight, the CHANGES they see. Aren't those the properties of every other sport too? Challenge? Thrill? Change? and Competing! Bodybuilders may be competing with other people as to who has a better body, but that's because that's the GOAL of the sport. NOT to run faster than someone, but to have a better body appearance. That doesn't mean that that person is narcissistic, but that they work HARD at their chosen sport.

I think people should take a step back and THINK about things before they speak, because it just makes them look like rude, uneducated and closed minded people.
    Jajaja, I'm narcisstic, I always pose in the mirror. The goal of the sport IS somewhat self serving if you think about it..
    "This awful city, it screams like an abattoir full of retarded children"

Steak514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steak514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steak514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steak514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steak514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steak514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steak514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steak514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steak514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steak514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steak514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For every person who thinks this way, there's someone bb'ing for vanity's sake.
    *raises hand*

I'm narcisstic.

I would do me.
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.- Socrates

barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250) barbarian_ben has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Not male beauty competitions at all.

As for whether we should consider bodybuilding as a sport? Well, I don't really care if it is called a "sport" or we are called "athletes". I'm not trying to be an "athlete", I am a bodybuilder....whether or not that falls into the "athlete" category or not, I don't care.

xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000)

You make some good points, and I agree with a lot of them. I think the reason is because the general public who doesn't have any insight on the sport and think it just involves consuming roids, etc. and just get big without seeing all the hard work and effort put in. Also, there are so many guidos and whatnot who may have the "bodybuilder look" and these guys clearly are d-bags and give the sport of BBing a bad name. Sure, we lift to get big and look better, but that doesn't mean we are full of ourselves. Personally I lift to see my body progress and strength increase, and change what I can control. Many people are just jealous of bodybuilders thus have to create stereotypes and excuses due to ignorance and laziness. It's funny you mention the argument of considering BBing a sport because I was having an argument with this girl in my class the other day because she was trying to say cheerleading is a sport and I disagreed, so we got out the dictionaries and although the definition of a sport pertains to cheerleading, I still refuse to acknowledge cheerleading as a sport lol

Registered User ChaoticReignPbt's Avatar
    ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I personally do not consider it a "sport" per say. I really would lean towards it being more of an art form. While a great deal of the work put in is obviously very physical, there isn't really a performance aspect, upping the weight lifted is really just a function of needing more stress and stimulation.

Everyone likes to be strong and I'm sure every bodybuilder in the history of the world sets some sort of strength goals along the way, but it's still not the end goal. It's the same way a soccer player might desire better endurance, but his end goal is to perform well in his position. Our bodybuilder has little goals like that to keep things moving but the final goal is trophy that you get by being the most aesthetically pleasing.

edit: And to chime in on the general public's views. Steroids absolutely play a major factor in how people view any of us. People are convinced by the media that steroids are a cheat that makes it easy to just get huge, they also think it means mantits and shrunken junk. I've met a great deal of people that firmly argue these points and some that even think you don't need to do much, if any work with enough steroids.
    Last edited by ChaoticReignPbt; 05-31-2009 at 01:32 PM.

PureSantana is on a distinguished road. (+10) PureSantana is on a distinguished road. (+10) PureSantana is on a distinguished road. (+10) PureSantana is on a distinguished road. (+10) PureSantana is on a distinguished road. (+10) PureSantana is on a distinguished road. (+10) PureSantana is on a distinguished road. (+10) PureSantana is on a distinguished road. (+10) PureSantana is on a distinguished road. (+10) PureSantana is on a distinguished road. (+10) PureSantana is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First of all strong bump

vs.

if you don't think they both don't require the same amount of hard work your stupid.
    the both use non-natural substances to enhance there physic. They really on genetics and on stage presentation to win.

also everyone knows that every pro bber (IFBB) is on some juic.

and lol @ you saying a bber is an athlete. Just by picking up some weight and making your body look better doesn't make you an athlete, thair are some bber's who are PLer's. A PLer is an athlete.

Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500)
    It doesn't make sense to just tell us that. We already know it. You should focus on the people that aren't on this site