Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50)

HLM/Bench press/ Olympic lifts

Wasn't sure were to post it so posted in the oly section earlier but think i would get more responses here.

I've had long problems with my right shoulder - for about 2-3 years and took some long time to heal my knee up.

So ive stopped benching for about a year but recently started doing them again but my shoulders feel tight and painful if i don't do a ton of streching/mobility/foam rolling exercises.

I've always like the idea of doing the main lifts to get strong so im on bill stars heavy/light/medium set up. I've was doing bench presses on my heavy day for 3x5 and on my medium day i would overhead press heavy 3x5.

After reading some older starrs articles he used benching lower reps to prevent tightness in shoulders from the bench press for the olympic lifts. I was wondering if changing bench press sets to 5x3 would help keep tightness away as it also messes with my powercleans somewhat. I'm thinking incorporating snatches as well but don't want to drop the bench press as i would like to compete in powerlifting in a short while.

But my question is would this make me more susceptible to a pec tear- I bench using my back and triceps powerlifting style.

Would alternating floor press and bench press be a good idea?

P.S routine

Monday: Wednesday: Friday:
    Squat 5x5 , Deadlift 2 weeks of 5s then 3s , Squat 1 heavy 5
    Bench , Powerclean 8x3 , Overhead press 3x5,3x3
    High pulls 3x5 1x3 , Chin ups , Power Snatch 3x3

*Deadlift -i do a cycle of two weeks of a top set of 5 on 4-6 inches of blocks then next two week of triples on lower blocks- rinse and repeat.

*Powerclean/Snatch are power variations from the hang.

* I've just started snatches and wasn't sure if 3x3 or 5x3 would be the right choice as im new to the movement.

P.S My posts always seem long winded If more info is needed on anything just ask- mods can close other post.
    ill rep you if you're using common sense

www.squatsandmilk.com

Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Incorporate a good shoulder warm-up complex into your routine. Do it 2x a day to start, unweighted Y-T-W-L then again with 5#'s. Also, shoulder dislocates and band pull aparts. These don't have to be heavy to be effective, just consistent.

Look up dieselcrew ultimate shoulder warm-up and Joe DeFranco's simple six for mobility.

Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Chokenpuke View Post
    Incorporate a good shoulder warm-up complex into your routine. Do it 2x a day to start, unweighted Y-T-W-L then again with 5#'s. Also, shoulder dislocates and band pull aparts. These don't have to be heavy to be effective, just consistent.

Look up dieselcrew ultimate shoulder warm-up and Joe DeFranco's simple six for mobility.
    I already do- i think its something that wont go away until i see someone who is competent in dealing with shoulders but thats a task in it self.
    ill rep you if you're using common sense

www.squatsandmilk.com