Registered User Micah Hitch LaCerte's Avatar
    Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Tabata Interval Training

Muscle and Fitness April 2009 edition choose to use me as the fitness model in a 11 page spread showing tabata interval training. I was excited with the opportunity being Bruce Lee is on the cover celebrating his 35th anniversity and it will be the edition at the Arnold Classic. Another top fitness model and friend Greg Plitt shows a vigorous Ab routine and proper nutrition for rock hard abs. The magazine should be out early next week in the stores. Tabata training is some of the most intense training on the planet. Studies show that it not only helps with muscle gains but also getting lean and building great endurance. Pick up the magazine and try the different routines for yourself. I left the gym today barely walking and i stay in top shape year round. The intervals are 8 sets of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest per exercise straight through and 4-6 exercises per muscle group. Doesnt sound too tough right? Try it and I promise if you love pain and working hard then Tabata is for you..

Last edited by HItchfitness; 02-15-2009 at 05:14 PM.
    Micah "Hitch" LaCerte

Once you take control of your choices you then take control of your success

www.hitchfit.com
    Www.********.com/hitchfit
    www.statusfitnessmagazine.com
    www.wbffshows.com
    www.micahlacerte.com

razorsk8er55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) razorsk8er55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) razorsk8er55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) razorsk8er55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) razorsk8er55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) razorsk8er55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) razorsk8er55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) razorsk8er55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) razorsk8er55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) razorsk8er55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) razorsk8er55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yep, great issue, i have it to. So did you follow the tabata exectly as it was listed in M&F? I want to try it, it seems interesting

Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50) Micah Hitch LaCerte will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont do the exact routine.. I varied it up some but the one in the magazine wll be very effective to most people.. Be prepared for a very difficult workout routine
    Micah "Hitch" LaCerte

www.hitchfit.com
    www.wbffshows.com
    www.micahlacerte.com

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tabatas make my eyes bleed.

Here are actually some "tabata song mixes," where the music will beep every 10/20 sec. interval so you know when to rest/work. I made a few of these myself.

http://www.beach-fitness.com/tabata/
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

djn1ght has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Micah!

I received this issue and my workout partner and I started doing the identical routines in the magazine. ABSOLUTELY KILLER!

People in the gym look at us like we are crazy (and we feel kind of goofy using such light weight) but let me tell you we are sweating and are in more pain than ever...and we love it!

Tuesday was legs and my calves are in so much pain that it is hard to walk. I know it was only the first week, but I can already tell that we will get some great results from this intense routine.

Thanks and great job!

chapat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats on being in the mag.

-Jules- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Jules- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Jules- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Jules- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Jules- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Jules- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Jules- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Jules- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Jules- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Jules- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Jules- is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What type of weight training would you recommend doing with tabata?

wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wieywill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i used to do these when i weighed around 260lbs tabata drills will shred pounds in no time and its very hard anyone who says otherwise is an idiot....

i did the punch drills and sledge hammer hitting drills my whole body felt like jello after the 7th drill..
    current lifting stats.

i am strong how about that...heh

killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    im actually looking at this article now. i think im switching my routine to it today and try it out for a month or so. seems crazy/interesting. any tips?
    Oh my god, it even has a watermark.

Stunkman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

music

Im making some music for it right now, just clipping and joining two songs. And listening to it sounds intense.

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Stunkman View Post
    Im making some music for it right now, just clipping and joining two songs. And listening to it sounds intense.
    If you (or anyone) e-mail your finished product to the guy who put that page together, he has said he will post it.
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

RoaringMad Mac is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoaringMad Mac is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoaringMad Mac is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoaringMad Mac is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoaringMad Mac is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoaringMad Mac is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoaringMad Mac is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoaringMad Mac is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoaringMad Mac is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoaringMad Mac is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoaringMad Mac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by killmaggie View Post
    im actually looking at this article now. i think im switching my routine to it today and try it out for a month or so. seems crazy/interesting. any tips?

I have been doing this since the issue came out and all I can say is it is a killer. I workout by myself in my home gym and have an interval timer which helps tremendously.

I am still trying to get the right weight to start off with. As time goes by I would expect your endurance will pick up. I love this way of training.
    http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/
    Illpumpyouup.com forum admin.

Stunkman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tried it today

Seriously I need to find the right weight for this. I was tired by the 4th set. I might split it 2 - 4 sets with a one minute rest.

What I found out its less time unless you give know how long it will take from resting position to exercising position. For example doing Dumbbell Bench Press, once I got up for the 10 second rest, I had to go back down and do the next set!!

As far as choosing the right weights, Go 50% to 75% of your normal workload. If you are not feeling like your about to die after these routines then you are using to light of weight. You will feel completely wiped out after this. Make sure you structure your days so you are getting enough rest. First week I hit triceps so hard that chest day 3 days later i was only about 75%.

You can use tabata with every type of training, from sprinting to weights.
    Micah "Hitch" LaCerte

www.hitchfit.com
    www.wbffshows.com
    www.micahlacerte.com

scouter99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My fiancee and I are on our 2nd week of this and killer doesn't even begin to cover it. I was sore for longer than I can ever remember, and I feel like my metabolism has been kicked into overdrive! I can almost feel myself burning calories!

This workout definitely takes some serious mental toughness. If you are the type who likes to quit early, or drops weight at the first sign of muscle burn- then just move right along.

But if you are looking for a serious challenge and want to push yourself to mental and physical limits- then you must try this!! I believe this will bust through even the most stubborn plateau. It's also PERFECT to get ready for summer!!

Our plan is to do this for 4 weeks and then do a week of all 1 rep training to see where we have seen increases. I'm certain my 1RM are going to go up in almost all areas after this. After one week both of us felt like we looked different!

PS: for those of you who can't mentally get past not lifting as heavy as possible- please give this a try. That describes Chad perfectly and even he is a convert and is will to keep at this for 4 weeks. I thought for sure he would quit after a week in favor of his heavy weights- but you are SO exhausted by the end that you can't even think about that anymore! We are doing this exactly as laid out in the magazine. Will probably change it up when we cycle this in after about 4 months and do some different exercises, though.

GOOD LUCK!
    scouter99

double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50) double gonad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've also incorporated this into my current lifting routine. I switched about 3 weeks ago to a 2-day per week full body workout (Monday and Friday) and I do a tabata workout on Wednesday. I feel so wiped out after my tabtata workouts it's not even funny. Last Wednesday, I was so tired I couldn't even sleep if that makes sense.
    Okay, have you ever been around chickens? They are stupid, uncooperative, inconvenient, ill-tempered creatures. They get what they deserve. [Bleep] chickens.

http://www.startingstrength.com/resources/forum/showpost.php?p=54805&postcount=16

Running1spirit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Can you explain it (the workout in detail) to me since I don't yet have the issue?
    I'd really appreciate your help!!

Thanks,
    J
    "Champions keep playing until they get it right."-Billie Jean King

"Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit." ~Author Unknown

"DON'T BE AFRAID OF A LITTLE PAIN...PLEASURE IS ON THE OTHER SIDE!" -John Legend