Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

The Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread

I did some searching and was surprised there wasn't a Redbirds thread out there already with a head of steam. The only one I found had little support from Cardinals fans so I've decided to start a new one. So, all Cardinals fans come here to show support for the Redbirds and share your thoughts and information about the team.

Oh, and if you're not a Cards fan and are just coming here to stir the pot...GTFO.
    You cannot succeed without first suffering.

CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CardsFan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How about for a first post discussing who the Cards should use as their closer for this season? ESPN.com is running an article on it.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...3dolney_buster

I really liked Motte at the end of last year.

Devian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Devian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Devian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Devian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Devian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Devian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Devian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Devian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Devian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Devian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Devian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh hey just here to sweep the 2004 WS.
    The road I walk is paved in gold to glorify my platinum soul. I am the closest thing to God, so worship me and never stop.

Clearly, anyone who claims to be certain that Jesus was literally born of a virgin is lying

Originally Posted by Devian View Post
    Oh hey just here to sweep the 2004 WS.
    Oh hey, since we're living in the past just a reminder that we beat your (I presume) BoSox in '46 and '67. Guess that makes you 1-2 against us all time in the Series.

The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The lack of offseason moves by the Cards is pissing me off. Manny in STL would be perfect, but the GM doesn't want him. Brian Fuentes would have been a great closer for us too, but we didn't make a move.
    *Fulfilling My Destiny Crew*
    *Kaizen Crew*
    *Audiobook Crew*
    *Alexander The Great Crew*
    *Patrice O'Neal Crew*

wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yay!!!!! I was hoping someone would make a Cardinals thread. I thought about making one, but from what I saw there aren't too many Cardinals fans on here, so I figured it would just die off.

I'm looking forward to 09'. I hope Pujols can tear it up this year consistently and win himself an MVP.
    I want to work hard and do my best in life so I never have to ask myself "what if".

Springfield Rugby Football Club

=Team Don't Work=

My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121171491

Rams/Cardinals/Blues/MU Tigers/UM Wolverines

johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i was hoping the braves were going to do the Yunel Escobar for Ludwick trade earlier this offseason.

i think it would of been good for both teams. Is Greene going to be your SS now? ouch....

The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Prime Nip has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by johnny87 View Post
    i was hoping the braves were going to do the Yunel Escobar for Ludwick trade earlier this offseason.

i think it would of been good for both teams. Is Greene going to be your SS now? ouch....
    Better than Caesar Izturiz. That guy was absolutely worthless. And no way are the Cards giving up Ludwick.
    *Fulfilling My Destiny Crew*
    *Kaizen Crew*
    *Audiobook Crew*
    *Alexander The Great Crew*
    *Patrice O'Neal Crew*

Originally Posted by The Prime Nip View Post
    Better than Caesar Izturiz. That guy was absolutely worthless. And no way are the Cards giving up Ludwick.
    You didn't like Izturis? He didn't hit but defensively he was nearly as good as when he won a Gold Glove with the Dodgers. I was sorely disappointed about the signing of Khalil Greene. I think he'll not only be a offensive liability but a defensive one as well. At least Izturis was a pest at the plate. Greene is just a hack that struggles to make consistent contact. And I agree with you about Luddy. No way we should let him go right now. He's dirt cheap and he's damn good. He may not repeat what he did last season but he could and I think he'll at least produce above average numbers. Plus, he's a great defensive player too.

E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by The Prime Nip View Post
    The lack of offseason moves by the Cards is pissing me off. Manny in STL would be perfect, but the GM doesn't want him. Brian Fuentes would have been a great closer for us too, but we didn't make a move.
    STL has too many outfielders. They don't need Manny and his shoddy defense. They need more bullpen and a second baseman, unless Skip makes the transition.
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line
    Love Isn't Always On Time.

E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CardsFan View Post
    You didn't like Izturis? He didn't hit but defensively he was nearly as good as when he won a Gold Glove with the Dodgers. I was sorely disappointed about the signing of Khalil Greene. I think he'll not only be a offensive liability but a defensive one as well. At least Izturis was a pest at the plate. Greene is just a hack that struggles to make consistent contact. And I agree with you about Luddy. No way we should let him go right now. He's dirt cheap and he's damn good. He may not repeat what he did last season but he could and I think he'll at least produce above average numbers. Plus, he's a great defensive player too.
    Greene had an bad year at the plate last year, but he can rebound. Izturis sucks at the plate. Greene is a step up

Oh and this
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line

Originally Posted by E-Go View Post
    Greene had an bad year at the plate last year, but he can rebound. Izturis sucks at the plate. Greene is a step up

I'm not sure Greene is much of a step up. His best year in the majors he hit .273/.349/.446/.795 and his second best year he hit .254/.291/.468/.759 (although he did hit 27 HR and had 97 RBI) but other than that he's been barely better than Izturis. He has more pop for sure but strikesout far more often and his defense is a bit worse as his range isn't as good as Izturis'. The kicker to all this is that they're both 29 but Izturis costs $2M less. Izturis is more durable too - Greene is hampered too much.

You're right about us not needing Manny. We have a lot of good OF and potentially great ones in Ludwick and Ankiel. Manny is a headcase and will command too big of a contract for his age.

I also agree with you about our bullpen needing help particularly middle relief. I think Motte and Perez will do well at the backend with more experience. They both have great live arms. I also think there has to be some questions around our starting pitching. Other than Wainwright we don't have a proven strong commodity unless Carpenter comes back to his old self.

johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnny87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not sure Greene is much of a step up. His best year in the majors he hit .273/.349/.446/.795 and his second best year he hit .254/.291/.468/.759 (although he did hit 27 HR and had 97 RBI) but other than that he's been barely better than Izturis. He has more pop for sure but strikesout far more often and his defense is a bit worse as his range isn't as good as Izturis'. The kicker to all this is that they're both 29 but Izturis costs $2M less. Izturis is more durable too - Greene is hampered too much.

You're right about us not needing Manny. We have a lot of good OF and potentially great ones in Ludwick and Ankiel. Manny is a headcase and will command too big of a contract for his age.

I also agree with you about our bullpen needing help particularly middle relief. I think Motte and Perez will do well at the backend with more experience. They both have great live arms. I also think there has to be some questions around our starting pitching. Other than Wainwright we don't have a proven strong commodity unless Carpenter comes back to his old self.
    gotta agree bout Greene. I dont see why people think he is a good hitter...

his career BA is like .248 and OBP is .303. Thats pretty horrible.
    Last edited by johnny87; 02-18-2009 at 07:42 AM.

Sometimes I can be a dick jkeithc82's Avatar
    jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

I heard something interesting on the radio yesterday. I'm not a Cards fan by any means, but since 1959 the Cardinals have only had back to back losing seasons once (94 and 95, and 94 was a strike shortened year).

Thats pretty consistent.
    Sinners in the hands of an angry Mod.

Mod is a concept...by which, we measure, our pain.

Originally Posted by jkeithc82 View Post
    I heard something interesting on the radio yesterday. I'm not a Cards fan by any means, but since 1959 the Cardinals have only had back to back losing seasons once (94 and 95, and 94 was a strike shortened year).

Thats pretty consistent.
    Yeah. Sporting News listed ST as the 3rd best franchise this decade (behind the Yankees - 8 playoff appearances, 1 title 862 wins, and Sox - 5 playoffs, 2 titles, 825 wins) with 6 playoff appearances, 1 title and 822 wins. They also placed 2 of the top 4 seasons with 2004 and 2005 season. ST Louis Cardinals are second on the list of championships behind New York with 10.
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line

Sometimes I can be a dick jkeithc82's Avatar
    jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah. Sporting News listed ST as the 3rd best franchise this decade (behind the Yankees - 8 playoff appearances, 1 title 862 wins, and Sox - 5 playoffs, 2 titles, 825 wins) with 6 playoff appearances, 1 title and 822 wins. They also placed 2 of the top 4 seasons with 2004 and 2005 season. ST Louis Cardinals are second on the list of championships behind New York with 10.
    I just found the stat to be amazing. As a Cards fan you've never really had to go more than a season without having a competitive team for this period. Makes you appreciate it when viewed with teams like Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, etc. who have struggled year after year for more than a decade now.
    Sinners in the hands of an angry Mod.

Mod is a concept...by which, we measure, our pain.

I honestly didn't think he was that bad in the field until I just peaked his numbers.

Cardinals are set in all positions except 2B, but if Schumaker makes the transition to the position, it opens up the outfield to be Ankiel, Ludwick and Colby Rasmus who is supposed to be sick as all hell. I'm a little worried about Troy Glaus, but Brett Wallace isn't too far from being ready in the minors.

I am still upset as a fan as to why they let Eck leave. The man was the heart of the team and it's not like he signed a long term deal in Toronto, it was 1 year for 3 mil. Yeah, his season in Toronto sucked, but I think if he stayed in STL he would have put up good numbers.

Carp, Wainwright and Lohse (15-6 last year) are sick. Wellemeyer had 13 wins last year, which is pretty good for a 4 or 5.

Bullpen will make or break our season this year.
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line

Originally Posted by jkeithc82 View Post
    I just found the stat to be amazing. As a Cards fan you've never really had to go more than a season without having a competitive team for this period. Makes you appreciate it when viewed with teams like Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, etc. who have struggled year after year for more than a decade now.
    I became a Card's fan when McGwire went to STL and have loved them since. I love the Card's, because they do it without a team loaded with superstars. They are just good players who know how to play the game right.

Side note - If Pittsburgh has a losing season this year (which is likely), they will break the record for consecutive losing seasons with 17
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line

I honestly didn't think he was that bad in the field until I just peaked his numbers.

Cardinals are set in all positions except 2B, but if Schumaker makes the transition to the position, it opens up the outfield to be Ankiel, Ludwick and Colby Rasmus who is supposed to be sick as all hell. I'm a little worried about Troy Glaus, but Brett Wallace isn't too far from being ready in the minors.

I am still upset as a fan as to why they let Eck leave. The man was the heart of the team and it's not like he signed a long term deal in Toronto, it was 1 year for 3 mil. Yeah, his season in Toronto sucked, but I think if he stayed in STL he would have put up good numbers.

Carp, Wainwright and Lohse (15-6 last year) are sick. Wellemeyer had 13 wins last year, which is pretty good for a 4 or 5.

What's the deal with Carp coming back this season? Do you know? Does anyone know? I'm concerned he'll come back to being his old self. If he does that's a huge lift for the Cards. If not...

As for Lohse, I'm not confident he'll repeat what he did last season. I hope he does but he doesn't have the track record for it. And I forgot about Wellemeyer. He's not outstanding but a solid arm.

What's the deal with Glaus too? Is he injured?

Man, I've been spending all off season following football and am just now starting to look at baseball again.

Oh, yeah, I felt the same about Eckstein too. He's not great but man he's a great team player. He does whatever it takes to win. His attitude and work ethic are awesome. And he's a decent player and a proven winner. He's still fairly young too. We should have kept him.

What's the deal with Carp coming back this season? Do you know? Does anyone know? I'm concerned he'll come back to being his old self. If he does that's a huge lift for the Cards. If not...

As for Lohse, I'm not confident he'll repeat what he did last season. I hope he does but he doesn't have the track record for it. And I forgot about Wellemeyer. He's not outstanding but a solid arm.

What's the deal with Glaus too? Is he injured?

Man, I've been spending all off season following football and am just now starting to look at baseball again.
    The news looks promising on Carp

Lohse and Wellemeyer are both good pitchers made better by the fact that they have the best pitching coach in the biz. Duncan's got an amazing track record for taking journey men and has beens and putting them back together.

Glaus is forever injuried, but put up a decent season last year.
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line

Oh, yeah, I felt the same about Eckstein too. He's not great but man he's a great team player. He does whatever it takes to win. His attitude and work ethic are awesome. And he's a decent player and a proven winner. He's still fairly young too. We should have kept him.
    I can understand getting rid of Rolens and Jimmy Ed, but I couldn't grasp the fact that they let Eck go for a 1 yr deal for 3 mil. I was really pissed about that
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line

Slu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    fellow NL central fan (brewers) comin to say hi...how is your team looking this year, seems like the Cubs will be tough once again this year

Originally Posted by Slu View Post
    fellow NL central fan (brewers) comin to say hi...how is your team looking this year, seems like the Cubs will be tough once again this year
    Hey there. You never know with the Cubbies but now that Pinella is their manager they should be much more consistent than in the past. They did lose Kerry Wood finally but I don't think that will hurt them too much. I also don't think they'll get much out of signing Milton Bradley either. He won't replicate with them what he did last year with Texas.

As for the Cards I think they'll get the most out of what they have yet again. With Pujols in there you know they'll have some offense and if Carpenter comes back healthy and pitches like he's capable that'll be a huge help.

How is the Brew Crew looking for this season?

The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I also don't think they'll get much out of signing Milton Bradley either. He won't replicate with them what he did last year with Texas.
    He is hitting at wrigley, against primarily bad pitching in the nl central, with an insane amount of protection in the lineup...if he stays healthy he is going to rape.

weakguy is a name known to all. (+5000) weakguy is a name known to all. (+5000) weakguy is a name known to all. (+5000) weakguy is a name known to all. (+5000) weakguy is a name known to all. (+5000) weakguy is a name known to all. (+5000) weakguy is a name known to all. (+5000) weakguy is a name known to all. (+5000) weakguy is a name known to all. (+5000) weakguy is a name known to all. (+5000) weakguy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    oh hai

but for real i want to head down to STL to catch a cubs/card game this year

Originally Posted by The_Albatross View Post
    He is hitting at wrigley, against primarily bad pitching in the nl central, with an insane amount of protection in the lineup...if he stays healthy he is going to rape.
    lmao. Bradley's played 120+ games 2 times and more than 20 hr's or 75 rbi's 1 time. There is a reason he has played for 6 teams in his 11 years. He missed games in may for "lightheadedness", shoulder pain and a hammy. In June, his quad hurt. In July he couldn't play because of a sore knee and a bruised forearm. In August, he missed time with sinus problems, more knee and quad problems and a bunch more things. Milton Bradley won't play in 130 games this year.

Originally Posted by weakguy View Post
    oh hai

but for real i want to head down to STL to catch a cubs/card game this year
    Goes both ways

PSN E-Go

Hold The Line

wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lmao. Bradley's played 120+ games 2 times and more than 20 hr's or 75 rbi's 1 time. There is a reason he has played for 6 teams in his 11 years. He missed games in may for "lightheadedness", shoulder pain and a hammy. In June, his quad hurt. In July he couldn't play because of a sore knee and a bruised forearm. In August, he missed time with sinus problems, more knee and quad problems and a bunch more things. Milton Bradley won't play in 130 games this year.

Goes both ways

Indeed it does:

Things that have happened since the cubs won last

1. The cubs still havent won1. Radio was invented; Cub fans got to hear their team lose.

2. TV was invented; Cub fans got to see their team lose.

3. Baseball added 14 teams; Cub fans got to see AND hear their team
    lose
    to more teams.

4. George Burns celebrated his 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th,
    70th,
    80th, 90th and 100th birthdays.

5. Haley's Comet passed Earth... twice.

6. Harry Caray was born... and died. Incredible, but true.

7. The NBA, NHL and NFL were formed, and Chicago teams won
    championships
    in each league.

8. Man landed on the moon, as have several home runs given up by Cubs
    pitchers.

9. Sixteen US presidents were elected.

10. There were 11 amendments added to the Constitution.

11. Prohibition was created, and repealed.

12. The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, was discovered, and became
    the
    subject of major motion pictures... the latter giving Cub fans hope that

something that finishes on the bottom can come out on top.

13. Wrigley Field was built and becomes the oldest park in the
    National
    League.

14. Flag poles were erected on Wrigley Field roof to hold all of the
    team's future World Series pennants. Those flag poles have since rusted
    and
    been taken down.

15. A combination of 40 summer & winter Olympics have been held.

16. Thirteen baseball players have won the Triple Crown; several

17. Bell bottoms came in style, went out of style, and came back in
    style.

18. The Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks, and
    Florida Marlins have ALL won the World Series.

19. The Cubs played 14,153 regular-season games; they lost the
    majority of
    them.
    20. Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma, and New Mexico were added to
    the
    Union.
    21. Women got the right to vote.
    I want to work hard and do my best in life so I never have to ask myself "what if".

Springfield Rugby Football Club

=Team Don't Work=

My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121171491

Rams/Cardinals/Blues/MU Tigers/UM Wolverines

The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Albatross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why did you bother to type all that out? Did you not read the part where I wrote "IF HE IS HEALTHY"

Originally Posted by The_Albatross View Post
    Why did you bother to type all that out? Did you not read the part where I wrote "IF HE IS HEALTHY"
    because even when he was healthy, which in 11 years he has been 1 times (140+ games) he only hit .267. He takes himself out when he doesn't feel like playing and is not going to bring much to Chi Town.
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line