Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50)

When and how should I eat natural peanut butter?

I know that I'm not supposed to eat it with carbs. Is it okay to eat the peanut butter before bed? Late at night okay?

bobbo23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobbo23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobbo23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobbo23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobbo23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobbo23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobbo23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobbo23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobbo23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobbo23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bobbo23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Why cant you eat it with carbs?? Get bread and enjoy. If ur doing a ckd or something then just use a spoon.

Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marlowfrost will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    okay, so is it okay to eat peanut butter late at night?

BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes.
    "The future becomes the present, the present the past, and the past turns into everlasting regret if you don't plan for it!"

"The only regrets in life are the chances you didnt take"

Interdum modo elabitur... brumbartcheto's Avatar
    brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Marlowfrost
    okay, so is it okay to eat peanut butter late at night?
    Yah, if you are bulking. Not with carbs, however! Check this over: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=107929
    Last edited by brumbartcheto; 04-04-2003 at 12:30 PM.

BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000) BMV is just really nice. (+1000)
    You don't have to be bulking to eat PB at night. Geez.
    "The future becomes the present, the present the past, and the past turns into everlasting regret if you don't plan for it!"

brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by BMV
    You don't have to be bulking to eat PB at night. Geez.
    Well, then "no", if you are trying to lose fat/weight. Otherwise is fine.

Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000)
    peanut butter should never be eaten on bread in my opinion (unless your not serious about your diet). Some of the responses are a little off their rocker....fat/protein meals are just perfect bedtime snack. My second last meal of the day, is a can of tuna and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, and my last meal of the day is 1 cup of cottage cheese and 2 tbsp of flax seed oil.
    "Change is Inevitable, Progress Isn't"

Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    To each their own I guess. I agree with Zen lifter with his bedtime snacks. I do sometimes eat peanut butter on my whole wheat toast in them morning, and I'm very serious about my diet.

Originally posted by brumbartcheto
    Well, then "no", if you are trying to lose fat/weight. Otherwise is fine.
    :sigh:

What are you smoking?

Every time I cut, my favorite snack at night is natural PB and something else. I haven't had any problems at all with losing fat with this in my years of bulking up and cutting. I have no idea where you're coming from when you say you shouldn't eat PB at night.

leave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm confused..

When i posted the following as my home made gainer:

200ml milk
    3 tbls flax oil
    50g peanut butter
    50g protein powder
    1 banana
    50g organic natural yogurt
    50g oats

Everyone said this looked like a good mass gaining shake. But it's clearly high in carbs, and fat, AND protein. How can that be a good thing, or does it not matter if you are trying to bulk? I'm really confused now.

Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For an occasional treat, try natural peanut butter over a little vanilla ice cream.

Originally posted by BMV
    :sigh:

What are you smoking?

Sorry, I quit smoking 3 and 1/2 years ago... but was used to smoke "St. Morritz".

Every time I cut, my favorite snack at night is natural PB and something else. I haven't had any problems at all with losing fat with this in my years of bulking up and cutting. I have no idea where you're coming from when you say you shouldn't eat PB at night.
    I only firmly insist on not eating 4-5 hours before sleep, if one's goal is "fat lose". Not that you can't lose fat if you eat PB at night, it is just more effective if you don't eat at all at night. So, the problem is not so much the PB by itself, as the principle…
    Last edited by brumbartcheto; 04-04-2003 at 08:18 PM.

Originally posted by leave
    I'm confused..

When i posted the following as my home made gainer:

200ml milk
    3 tbls flax oil
    50g peanut butter
    50g protein powder
    1 banana
    50g organic natural yogurt
    50g oats

Everyone said this looked like a good mass gaining shake. But it's clearly high in carbs, and fat, AND protein. How can that be a good thing, or does it not matter if you are trying to bulk? I'm really confused now.
    You may read this:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=107014

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Have you guys noticed that brands like JIF, if you look at the ingredients its like a mile long, but on Peter Pan Peanut butter it's just "Peanuts, vegetable oil, sugar, salt"? What is natural peanut butter made up of? Just peanuts?

pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I only firmly insist on not eating 4-5 hours before sleep, if one's goal is "fat lose". Not that you can't lose fat if you eat PB at night, it is just more effective if you don't eat at all at night. So, the problem is not so much the PB by itself, as the principle…
    yea do this if you want to LOSE MUSCLE. wtf are you talking about...your body is not going to have any food for 8+ hours

Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Musicguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by breathingmurder
    Have you guys noticed that brands like JIF, if you look at the ingredients its like a mile long, but on Peter Pan Peanut butter it's just "Peanuts, vegetable oil, sugar, salt"? What is natural peanut butter made up of? Just peanuts?

I've seen brands of natural peanut butter that are, indeed, just peanuts. Others will throw in a dash of salt.

The main thing which distinguishes natural peanut butter from standard is the exclusion of hydrogenated fats, which prevents the separation of oil. You will notice that the natural peanut butters have a layer of peanut oil at the top which you have to stir into the rest of the mass before you use it. If you don't like to stir every time, then keep it in the refrigerator.

Originally posted by pinoy
    yea do this if you want to LOSE MUSCLE. wtf are you talking about...your body is not going to have any food for 8+ hours
    Exactly what I'm thinking. So we're supposed to NOT eat for 4-5 hours before bed and sleep for 6-8 hours a night. Go that long without food huh?

I have no idea what he's talking about but it's obviously bad advice. I, as well as many others eat right before bed. There is no magical time at night that you're body says "You better stop eating RIGHT NOW or I'll store fat!!" If you're in a caloire deficit then you're going to lose weight/fat.

You lose fat first, then muscles.

Originally posted by BMV
    Exactly what I'm thinking. So we're supposed to NOT eat for 4-5 hours before bed and sleep for 6-8 hours a night. Go that long without food huh?

I have no idea what he's talking about but it's obviously bad advice. I, as well as many others eat right before bed. There is no magical time at night that you're body says "You better stop eating RIGHT NOW or I'll store fat!!" If you're in a caloire deficit then you're going to lose weight/fat.
    Do not forget that everybody is different. One should figure out what works for him/her best.

leave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You may read this:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=107014

Right, i read it, didn't understand a WORD of it. Basically, from what i could grasp, i'm supposed to avoid maltodextrin. My shakes do not contain maltodextrin, but i fail to see the point you are trying to make.

You could have just answered my question, considering i don't know why i should'nt mix carbs and fat, i'm highly unlikely to understand a 5000 word scientific study.

pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ok then...go ahead and starve yourself for 13+ hours if you think that's the way to lose fat.

Originally posted by leave
    Right, i read it, didn't understand a WORD of it. Basically, from what i could grasp, i'm supposed to avoid maltodextrin. My shakes do not contain maltodextrin, but i fail to see the point you are trying to make.

You could have just answered my question, considering i don't know why i should'nt mix carbs and fat, i'm highly unlikely to understand a 5000 word scientific study.
    Leave, did you read this http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...threadid=107929 first?

If you don't get the answer there, I won't be helpful as well.

ok then...go ahead and starve yourself for 13+ hours if you think that's the way to lose fat.
    I didn't say that is the way to lose fat. I said that is the way to make it more effective.

Once again: Do not forget that everybody is different. One should figure out what works for him/her best.

Yes every one is different and I think we all understand that. However, it is NOT recommended to stop eating 4-5 hours before bed. Yes you will lose weight if you do that but you also risk and undoubtly will lose muscle with a plan like that.

bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I said that is the way to make it more effective.

Once again: Do not forget that everybody is different. One should figure out what works for him/her best.
    Once again

Starving, DOES NOT work for ANYONE.
    "Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of." - Anonimus -
    "My mind is like a General. And my body's like an Army." - Herschel Walker -
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity...

Recovery is key. Massages, epsom salts baths, foam rolling, sleep masks, contrast showers, it all adds up. Get a foam roller, The Stick, a tennis/baseball, use them and stay healthy, pain and injury free.