PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Left shoulder pops and pain when doing bent over laterals

It doesn't hurt too much but it's enough to make an audible sound and a cringing feeling. How can I avoid this?

ShanksForte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShanksForte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShanksForte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShanksForte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShanksForte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShanksForte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShanksForte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShanksForte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShanksForte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShanksForte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShanksForte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Check your form. If not, have someone check your form for you. I'm not an expert but if you're hearing something going wrong it's time for some evaluation

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    dont do bent over laterals?

PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SDFlip View Post
    My routine needs them lol.

Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

If you hear a popping noise you could be doing too much weight. you want to do low weight with bent over laterals, and make it between a rep range of 12 to 15 reps. If you dont think you are doing to much weight like the other guy said check your form, because bent over laterals and regular laterals are 2 different exercises. not only that but some people get that mixed up with dumbbell upright rows. so make sure your form is in check and make sure you can do 12 to 15 reps.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PowerTricks View Post
    My routine needs them lol.
    yeah, but your shoulders doesn't.

common sense.

massgains has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) massgains has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) massgains has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) massgains has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) massgains has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) massgains has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) massgains has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) massgains has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) massgains has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) massgains has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) massgains has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i just pulled something in my shoulder doing bent over latterils, i was going to heavy.now i am takeing 2 weeks off to heal up.i have always had problems with this excersize, and i am thinking about never doing them again, but its one of the best rear deltoid exersizes, so mabee i will use a lighter weight next time.

yeah, but your shoulders doesn't.

common sense.
    Okay lol. What are some other good rear deltoid exercises that I could use?

Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theironman117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

you could try seated rear deltoid flye. (in terms reverse pec-dec flye). that is good for your rear deltoids. Here's how to do it:

holding 2 light dumbbells, sit on a comfortable bench on the end. put your chest in your lap like you were going to tie your shoe, hold the dumbbells at your feet.

the move:
    pull the dumbbells toward the ceiling maintaining a slight arch in your elbows and "fly" up with the dumbbells.

its sort of like your flying but your "reverse flying." its a lot like the bent over lateral raise, just seated. It focuses more on your rear deltoids.

Originally Posted by Theironman117 View Post
    you could try seated rear deltoid flye. (in terms reverse pec-dec flye). that is good for your rear deltoids. Here's how to do it:

holding 2 light dumbbells, sit on a comfortable bench on the end. put your chest in your lap like you were going to tie your shoe, hold the dumbbells at your feet.

the move:
    pull the dumbbells toward the ceiling maintaining a slight arch in your elbows and "fly" up with the dumbbells.

its sort of like your flying but your "reverse flying." its a lot like the bent over lateral raise, just seated. It focuses more on your rear deltoids.
    Oh sorry that's what I meant. I made a mistake in the thread title. I meant I get the pains in seated rear deltoid flyes. This article http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bench_press_secrets.htm shows the bent laterals as seated flyes I think. Or maybe I'm confusing the terminology again.

VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    same thing happens to me on DB flys. I just avoid them.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Originally Posted by PowerTricks View Post
    Okay lol. What are some other good rear deltoid exercises that I could use?
    any that doesn't make your shoulder hurt.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First off:

*make sure the weight you are using is not heavy, its not a compound movement..

*Check form in a mirror if you can

* If its still hurting get it checked out, may be a ****** rotator cuff muscle.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    First off:

*make sure the weight you are using is not heavy, its not a compound movement..

*Check form in a mirror if you can

* If its still hurting get it checked out, may be a ****** rotator cuff muscle.
    I'm pretty sure it's not a RC injury because I don't do a lot of shoulder intensive exercises and can't bench very heavy weights lol.

Registered User touchdowngraves's Avatar
    touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    beat me to it