shortdahri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Possible to Lose 20 Pounds and Get Lean in 2 Months?

I'm heading to Vegas in April and want to look lean for the trip. Possible to Lose 20 Pounds and Get Lean in 2 Months? Below is some background info about me.

Body Stats:

Weight: 159 Pounds
    Height: 5' 7"
    Target Weight: 140 Pounds

Best way to describe me is that I'm not fat but I'm lean either. I could use to loose the extra fat. I used to have abs but they are under a layer of fat now. I used to be lean and cut when I was 140 pounds about 5 years ago.

Current Workout Regimen:

Lifting Weights: 3 to 4 times a week. I do chest, biceps, triceps, shoulders, back and once in a while legs. Can't do a lot of weight on my legs cause I have an old knee and ankle injury.
    Cardio: 3 to 4 times a week. I do jogging and sprinting intervals on treadmill or elliptical machine for about 2 miles each session.

Nutrition:

Things I Eat: Special K with Skim Milk, Morning Protein Shake (Oats, Flax Seeds, Skim Milk and Banana), Tuna Sandwich (Whole Wheat, Mustard and Veggies), Boiled Shrimp, Chicken Breast with Brown Rice and Veggies (Salt and Pepper but No Sauce), Turkey Breast Sandwich (Whole Wheat with Veggies), Subway Roasted Chicken Sandwich (No Cheese with Fat Free Dressing), Random Veggies throughout the day. No diet sodas, no juices but every once in a while some coffee with skim milk and splenda. That's all I can think of for now.

Caloric Intake: I take in about 1000 calories a day of whole grain everything, lean protein and omega 3 oils (sometimes in pill form).

Started working out and eating right at the beginning of this year. Is it possible to lose 20 pounds and get lean (not necessarily big) in 2 months?

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by shortdahri; 02-11-2009 at 09:50 PM.

WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeAreMarshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's definitely possible to lose 10lbs per month. I'm nearly doing that currently, but I don't know if you're eating enough. you may want to cleanly up the calories a little bit, 1,000 is preeeetttyy low.

Also, sadly, I thought 20lbs was all that I needed to lose as well, unfortunately i have lost more than half of that and I realized i needed to lost at least 35.
    - 5"10
    - 176lbs
    - Bench 225

Cutting:
    Jan 1 -- 192.5
    Jan 22 -- 184.8 terrible
    Feb 1 -- 183.8 also terrible
    Feb 7 -- 179.8 woohoo!.. but feeling a little weak
    Feb 13 -- 176.0 Not too shabby..
    Feb 20 -- 178.2 pissed off
    Feb 27 -- Got sick, didnt want to see
    another dissappointing weight
    Mar 6 -- 174.0
    Mar 13 -- 174.2
    ---------------
    Apr 10 -- 169.2

Total weight loss: 23.3lbs

calislug is on a distinguished road. (+10) calislug is on a distinguished road. (+10) calislug is on a distinguished road. (+10) calislug is on a distinguished road. (+10) calislug is on a distinguished road. (+10) calislug is on a distinguished road. (+10) calislug is on a distinguished road. (+10) calislug is on a distinguished road. (+10) calislug is on a distinguished road. (+10) calislug is on a distinguished road. (+10) calislug is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Same thing here. I lost up to my goal weight of 190, then said "gee that wasn't enough, it must be 170." Well here I am at 173ish and well, there is still fat. You tend to underestimate the real weight you need to lose >.<

shortdahri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WeAreMarshall View Post
    It's definitely possible to lose 10lbs per month. I'm nearly doing that currently, but I don't know if you're eating enough. you may want to cleanly up the calories a little bit, 1,000 is preeeetttyy low.
    I'm not that knowledgeable about caloric intake but I read on BB that lowering my caloric intake would help me lose unwanted weight. Can you tell me how upping my caloric intake with clean calories would help me lose unwanted weight?

Originally Posted by WeAreMarshall View Post
    Also, sadly, I thought 20lbs was all that I needed to lose as well, unfortunately i have lost more than half of that and I realized i needed to lost at least 35.
    I've been 140 before a couple of times and as far as my body goes, I get pretty lean. I guess I could aim for more if its not enough.

Thanks for the input guys!

andre3k1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andre3k1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andre3k1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andre3k1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andre3k1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andre3k1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andre3k1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andre3k1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andre3k1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andre3k1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andre3k1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    dude, i started at 140 and i'm 5'7"

its really skinny in my opinion... im trying to bulk up now

no one is ever happy with their weight on this damn forum haha

EDIT: and yes it is easily possible. eat less, workout more. and eat cleaner!
    ★ ★ The Ultimate Core/Abdominal/Oblique Exercise Catalogue ★ ★
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117997391

.::MiscMarioBrahs::. ..::iRepBack::..

QFT: "check the ego at the door, its about commitment, not lbs" -wasp9166